A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jasper Cross

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

Jasper Cross Empty
PostSubject: Jasper Cross   Jasper Cross EmptyTue May 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Name: Jasper Cross
Class: Warrior
Background: Merchant

Stats
STR: 12
DEX: 14
CON: 10
INT: 9
WIS: 7
CHA: 11

Attack Bonus: +1
Hit Points: 8/8 https://orokos.com/roll/809537
AC: 14
Experience: 0

Skills https://orokos.com/roll/809538 (Growth and learning)
Administer- 0 (Learning)
Connect- 0 (Connected)
Fix- 0 (Hobby)
Talk- 0 (Learning)
Trade- 0 (Background)
Shoot- 0 (Growth)
Stab- 0 (Close Combatant)

Foci
e.g.
Close Combatant- 1
Gain any combat skill as a bonus skill. You can use pistol-sized ranged weapons in melee without suffering penalties for the proximity of melee attackers. You ignore Shock damage from melee assailants, even if you’re unarmored at the time.
Connected- 1
Gain Connect as a bonus skill. If you’ve spent at least a week in a not-entirely-hostile location, you’ll have built a web of contacts willing to do favors for you that are no more than mildly illegal. You can call on one favor per game day and the GM decides how far they’ll go for you.

Class
Warrior:
- You gain a free level in a combat-related focus associated with your background.
- Once per scene, as an Instant ability, you can either choose to negate a successful attack roll against you or turn a missed attack roll you made into a successful hit.
- You gain two extra maximum hit points at each character level.

Saves
Physical 15+
Mental 15+
Evasion 14+

Equipment
(r) is readied, (s) is stowed
6 ready capacity, 12 stowed capacity
Laser Rifle (+3 to hit, 1d10+1 damage) (s)
8 type A cells (2 r, 5 s)
Armored vacc suit (AC 13) (r, 2 encumbrance)
Backpack (TL0) (r)
Knife (+2 to hit, 1d4+1 damage) (r)
Compad (s)
Survey scanner (s)
Survival kit (s)

Credits: 25

Appearance and Personality Jasper is a young athletic man with sandy blonde hair. He typically dresses in clothing that is stylish but practical, particularly favoring a pancho-like coat. He makes an effort to stay well groomed and presentable, as he feels an up and coming businessman should. He is proficient in many weapons, but his favorite is a simple combat knife that he wears on his belt at all times. He is ambitious, but comes across as easy going and likeable. He has an affinity for material pleasures.

Background
“There’s an awful lot of worlds out there in space. So much riches, there’s no reason we can’t all live like princes. I was born on a tiny little asteroid mine, I don’t think it ever actually even had a name. I suppose someone was making money off my family’s work, but we sure weren’t. I’m not looking to spend my life chipping away at some rock in space, so I hitched a shuttle ride to the nearest station when I turned eighteen. The easiest way to find work was as some hired muscle, so I signed on with a far trader crew. Paid great, plus I saw stuff you’d never even believe out there. After a couple years on the security detail, I started moving up the ranks. Started getting involved in the business end of things. Turns out I’m a bit of a people person. Man, we were raking it in until it all fell apart. We were establishing a base of operations on a world with a ton of mineral wealth. We’d purchased a fleet of harvesters on credit from a neighboring system, and planned to pay them back with what we dug up. Only problem was the locals didn’t take kindly to us taking over their mining operation. Our freighter was full up with refined ore when they slammed a shuttle into us. Our ship pulled through, but the cargo hold got ripped open and we lost the whole load. With the natives getting violent, and our creditors becoming increasingly impatient, things went a bit sideways among the crew. I decided to cut bait and run. No use in sticking around a sinking ship. Plus the whole operation was mismanaged, I could have done much better myself. And I will do better, once I’ve got enough credits for a freighter and a crew.”
Back to top Go down

Jasper Cross
Page 1 of 1