A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alactia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Alactia   Alactia EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Anu, with Darrius the Rubric Marine in toe and minus the hunting party, start their trek back to the landing field where Anu began. It's quiet and boring with no one or things want to disturb a sorcerer and his bodyguard.

Anu regards the sky of Alactia and the orbit around it. Voidships are sprinkled about as they get worked on by the Magi Morbos, the local Heretek group with an allegiance to Nurgle, but something catches his trained eyes. A shuttle, an Arvus Lighter, descending down at great speed. It comes screaming over you and violently flairs out and descends between two great towers of junk with expert precision. Who ever was piloting that shuttle was good... really good.

Anu's eyes return back to the sky as he hears something else approaching. He see's why the shuttle was in a hurry. Two Hell Blades come racing down the same route and pass right over Anu and Darrius.

"Eyes in the sky but not on the ground." Darrius comments when the Hell Blades scream by not seeing where the shuttle went.

What is in that shuttle that someone would send two Hell Blades after it?
Back to top Go down
MedicMarch

MedicMarch

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Alactia   Alactia EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 10:18 pm

“Most curious,” said Anu to Darrius. “I wonder who they are...and what they’re running from.”

Sliding into any available cover, Anu looks closer at the ship and checks the magazine on his bolter to ensure it is full. He motions for Darrius to do the same. A ship is good...a ship with a pilot is better. And a pilot who can fly like that may be quite useful indeed.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Anu checks his equipment and he's in good shape. He didn't spent any rounds in the fight with the hunting party. Darrius informs Anu he's down one regular bolter mag and a few Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts shy. Other then that he's fine.

Anu's eyes go back over to where he saw the shuttle land and locates it. It's hull is glowing red from its quick atmospheric entry. He notes a marking on the side of the shuttle.

[Common Lore (Sceaming Vortex) roll to ID that marking.]

The back ramp then lowers itself to the ground and a lone figure emerges armed with a shotgun. No one else emerges from the shuttle. The figure starts to take in his surroundings. He seems to think it safe and relaxes himself as he just stands at the edge of the ramp looking outward. It looks like he's waiting for someone.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Anu watches as, what he assumes is the pilot, leaves the ship. He spots the shotgun but dismisses it- either he or Darrius could dispatch the mortal before it became a problem. When he sees the pilot relax he smiles and stands up motioning for hos rubicae to follow.

The sorceror walks forward ensuring his weapons remain maglocked to his armour although Darrius kept his bolter ready

"Good day to you, the Changer of Ways is kind to you, because today is your lucky day."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 7:32 pm

[From the knowledge roll: The marking on the shuttle is that of Captain Korgin 'The World Reaver'. One of the Vortex's most powerful warlords.]

The pilot's attention and shotgun snaps to Anu who comes out from the planets wreckage. Anu can see the pilot is female.

She then spots Darrius close behind the Sorcerer. She knows she's not even remotely a match with them in single combat. She lowers her shotgun.

"My day has already been full of luck. Hopefully it wants to continue with you two." She says.

[Give me an +0 Awareness Roll]

Darrius:
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Awareness:

Anu watched the shotgun come up then go down again. Cautious but not stupid - a good combination.

"My luck has also been good today - hopefully we can both contunue our streak. I assume you are either fleeing The Reaver or fleeing his enemies. That makes whatever you have valuable - extra protection will work well for you regardless of your destination." He smiles although the helm if his warplate hides it and the vox takes any emotion from his voice "I on the othet hand have grown bored of this dreary place - so perhaps we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Anu takes a glance around and spots four Magi Morbos members, with a large group of thin and sickly looking humans, making their way towards the Arvus.

"I see you know about Korgin. Yeah, I could us some protection and y'all could use a free ride off this rock. So, yeah, sounds good to me." The pilot says as her eyes look past Anu. He knows whats she's looking at. The Magi Morbos group.

"I have some cargo I need to barter away before we can go." She starts to walk between Darrius and Anu, "Could use some backup if you two don't mind."

She continues off towards the Magi Morbos group. Darrius looks at her then at Anu to see what he wants to do.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 10:39 am

Anu nods to Darrius and follows behind the pilot, he considers drawing a weapon but decides against it, he would be quick enough if battle was required. Closing rhe gap with his longer stride he speaks as quietly as he can

"How are we doing this? I assume they have something you want? I am Anu by the way."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 8:37 pm

"I'm, Wes. I struck a deal with these Magos Morbos guys. Some chemical weapons for some goods and info that can help me, and now you, get off this rock."

The group comes up to the Magos Morbos members and their thralls. The thralls carry an assortment of containers.

The Hereteks seem to hesitate for a moment spotting the Astartes alongside Wes but eventually one of them comes forward to meet you.

"Pilot Wes," the Magos says in a thick wheeze, "I see you brought friends along. I didn't know Korgin kept followers of Tzeentch at his disposable." He nods to Anu and Darrious in kind then focuses back on Wes, "The chemicals?"

Wes points back to the Arvus, "They're onboard. You bring my goods?"

The thralls bring up the containers and set them down. Wes goes through them and nods her head, "Now what about that ship we talked about?"

The Magos either laughs or coughs. It's hard to tell, "I remember that we agreed to just exchange these goods for one another. There was no deal for a ship. Talk, yes, but nothing else."

"Things change and I have a need for something that can get me and my friends here far and away from Alactia. I don't think my Arvus is going to cut it. So nothing on a ship and no deal."

The Magos gets visibly irritated. The thralls and three other Magos seem to follow in his response, "This is not how we do business. What was agreed upon was agreed upon. You can not change the deal now!"
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 8:49 am

To begin with Anu remains silent merely watching the events unfold, it always interested him the conclusions people came to with little amount of information avliable - and the misinformation this Magos would spread by assuning the sorcerer snd rubicae had allegince to Korgin did provide him with some small amount of amusement.

When the Magos had his outburst though Anu cleared his throat
"Change is inevitable - if you resist such forces they can be thrust upon you. For example you say my pilot cannot change the deal - you are incorrect we can leave and find someone more willing to do bussiness, and these weapons will then be beyond your reach. A minor inconvenince for ourselves to be sure but you would be left with nothing - so perhaps you shouldn't resist change so much and we can make a deal thay is benefical for all involved."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Another cough from the lead Magos, "Change is not the true inevitable. Decay is the true inevitable. This decay we have seen, resisted, and have been born anew from it thanks to Nurgle's blessing. This deal is slowly decaying but something will be born a new from it. If you find someone new... so be it. Something new will become of our failed deal... for better or worse."

Wes looks up at Anu and then the Magos, "Give me a second."

Wes motions for Anu to come off to the side with here, 'What do you think? We can take the deal and not deal with the Magos' bullshit. Maybe even press them for other services no involving a ship. I don't know what these guys would do if I'd cross them. I fear they'll just tell Korgin that we're looking for a ship. Korgin isn't an idiot. He'll have his men lie in wait to get his revenge."
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyWed May 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Anu rolls his eyes beneath his helm, idiotic Plauge kin - even decay was change - but he didn't press the issue his new companion clearly had goals in mind and if he was to make use of their skill for his own goals ruining those was not his best move. When Wes moves aside the Thousand Son nods.

"This is your deal - I had merely hoped to expediate the process - I have no qualms tradind may talents for a further deal. If we wish to keep ahead of Korgin dealing with these magos will probably be the quickest."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun May 13, 2018 8:16 pm

"Alright, we'll settle."

Wes moves back to the waiting Magos. Darrius has been staring them down with dead cold silence and a few of the Magos seem a little off put by it.

"We'll take the old deal." Wes says with a sigh.

"Excellent!" The lead Magos yells as he waves forward the thralls with the containers. They open them as they set them down, "Gold, weapons, assorted gems, and the particular xenos item you asked for."

Anu's eyes are drawn to the xenos item. A small solid cylinder with a green glyph of sorts etched in at both ends. Anu had seen similar glyphs before... Necron glyphs.

Wes picks up that item immediately and tucks it into her flight suit and looks over the other items.

"This is all good. The chemical weapons are on the Arvus. Your thralls can bring these over and bring back your items."

The lead Magos nods his head. As Wes starts to lead the thralls back to the Arvus the Magos shouts, "If you're looking for a ship, pilot, there's a rumor of a working corvette buried somewhere in sector 650."

Wes mutters under her breath, "Asshole."

================================================

Wes stands with Anu and Darrius at the end of the Arvus ramp as they watch the Magos and their thralls lumber off with their goods.

"Korgin's going to miss those." Wes laughs, "Shall we find that ship?" She asks no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySat May 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Anu watched as Wes stored the artefact, glad that the impassive face of his battlehelm his his interest for it behind the T-Visor - while also filing away the information that Wes former employer was unaware of this deal - that may be useful should he need to secure her former employees services

"A war capable ship shouldn't be to difficult to find - after you."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun May 20, 2018 11:20 pm

It was about a days trip to the area that the Magos told Wes.

Like the rest of Alactia it's more junk. For the eagle eyed though the outline of a void ship could be made out under piles of trash.

"We're in business boys!" Wes exclaims with a new found enthusiasm.

The group presses on trying to find a way in. They find a man made tunnel leading to an airlock (meaning they're not the first ones to come here). Coming up to the airlock there's a body slumped up against the tunnel wall. Next to the door (which is partially open) is a severed arm. They're both old and rotten (not skeleton like but far along in decomposing).

Wes has to cover her mouth and nose do to the smell, "Looks like someone had a good time."
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySat May 26, 2018 3:26 am

Anu nods upon looking upon the void ship

"It's a start at least - but let's be cautious here Wes, I don't trust information freely given."

The Sorcerer continued on with Wes and Darrius and frowned at the death

"What ever had fun here, it might still be around. Darrius should take point for now."

He grimaced behind his faceplate as he did, putting a Brother - even one who wad dust and echoes - in potential harm for the sake of a mortal left a sour taste in his mouth but right now the pilot was more valuable to him - he didn't want to have to deal with this planet any more

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun May 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Darrius takes point and open up the airlock with caution. The owner of the arm is just inside the doorway. He's missing more then his arm... his whole lower body is gone.

Stepping in the group is met by more scenes of carnage. Bodies torn apart bit by bit and scattered all over the hall leading to the airlock. From what Anu can see these people were trying to flee from the ship. They put up a fight but whatever came after them was quicker and deadlier.

"I see claw and bight marks. Something likes to get up close and personal for the kill in here." Darrius comments.

Wes:

Unlike the Astartes ahead of Wes she's not immune to the horrors of the galaxy. Sees wide eyed and  completely silent. She presses on behind the Astartes though.

[Give me a Forbidden Lore (Xenos) or Intelligence -20 if Anu doesn't have it.]
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyMon May 28, 2018 10:26 am

Spoiler:

Anu walked forward cautiously drawing his force sword, if the Rubric was correct he didn't want to be caught unawares but what ever the being was and he cast out with his senses trying to pick up any trace of the warp that would indicate something deamonic or psychic was here.

"Keep on your toes - I.doubt what ever this thing was has given up a prize."

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 10:13 pm

Anu couldn't identify the claw marks. They could of been anything and everything knowing the Vortex.

Reaching out into the warp didn't reveal anything to the sorcerer either. This ship and whatever might be aboard are a total mystery.

Darrius pressed his way further into the void ship. They came upon the main spine of the ship.

"Turn left. The bridge will be that way." Wes said from behind Anu.

The group turns left and is meet with a barricade. They're on the side that wanted to be protected as the group can see from the torn apart bodies facing them. Whatever they were defending against was up towards the bridge.

They press on past the barricade and further down the spine. The air starts to get a little more damp, hotter, and parts of the wall are covered in some sort of fleshy mass.

Something tumbles over in a room off to Anu's right. Darrius halts, keeping his attention and bolter facing down the spine, while Wes smartly positions herself behind Anu a little more.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 5:11 am

Anu stops himself from reprimanding the pilot for using him as cover, it was smart and he needed her alive.

He nodded to Darius to keep his vigil in the corridor while he tightened the grip on his force sword and use the point to push the door to the right open expecting whatever creature that massacred the men here to be crouched and waiting

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Anu pushes open the door... and nothing leaps out at him. The door slides open exposing some sort of module unit housing auger equipment and monitors.

The sorcerer steps in and takes a look around. Everything is fine and in working condition. Impressive for a ship stuck in a junk heap of a planet.

Anu does spot something odd. One of the vents has been ripped open. It bares the same claw marks he saw on the dead humans near the airlock. He sees what fell over... some type of component to a monitor.

[Give me an awareness +0 roll.]
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Anu doesn't spot the figure that has stuck itself to the ceiling until it drops down onto the sorcerer.

Genestealer:

The beast mistimed its attack as it bounces off Anu with flailing claws. As it lands Anu knows what it is. A Genestealer. These weren't around when Anu participated in the Great Crusade. This was a new xenos, Tyranids, that have come afterwards. The sorcerer has seen its kind before and has killed its kind before.

[Role for initiative!]

Genestealer:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Genestealer:

Before Anu can react to the Genestealer leaps at him and tries to dig its claws into the power armor and the softer skin beneath. It then leaps away and scurries towards the vent.

[Genestealer is still in the room with Anu but another half move and it will be in the vent.]
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 5:01 pm

"Where do you think you are going?"

Anu growls as he reached out with his psychic power to rip the creature from the wall and slam it to the ground

"Darrius - contact, hostile xenos." he calls to the Rubicae

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Genestealer:

Anu reaches out with his invisible hand and violently wrenches the Genestealer back. The xenos crashes into some of the consoles with quite some force. It looks shaken.

"Copy!" Darrius yells out from back on the hall.

"Shit, xenos?" Wes yells out in surprise.

[With 8 DoS I'm going to say Anu also stunned the Genestealer. So the Genestealer will skip its turn and Anu is up again.]
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:27 am

Spoiler:

"Let this be a lesson creature - when attacking a Son of Magnus make sure the first blow kills them" his voice comes out low and dangerous as he stalks forward allowing the warp to channel threw pulling as much as he can towards him as he extends his hand three bolts of black and red energy appear before launching at the xenos prostrate before the Sorcerer

I must kill this creature quickly - the mortal may take the opportunity to betray me the though comes unbidden to Anu's mind and he glances briefly back searching for the mortal.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 pm

The Doombolts rip into the Genestealer and blood and guts spray all over the room as it disappears into a mist of gore.

The problem felt like it as dealt with until Anu hears Darrius' bolter ring out.

"Contact! Main hall, two xenos." Darrius says over the clatter of his ancient bolter.

Anu comes back to the main hall just in time to witness Wes getting dragged into a vent by another Genestealer and one pouncing on Darrious from above. The two coming down the hall were a distraction for this ambush.

[Can roll for initiative again or stick with the roll from before.]

Darrius:

Genestealers:

[Wes is missing. 1 Genestealer is in melee with Darrius and 1 more Genestealer are coming down the hall. Darrius killed the other one.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alactia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alactia   Alactia Empty

Back to top Go down

Alactia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Vortex - Black Crusade Sandbox (Game Thread)-
Jump to: