A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) Empty
PostSubject: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:23 pm

[Continued from Ghibilline.]

The Storm-Eagle cuts its way down into Ni'Iktu's atmosphere and towards the moon's only settlement, Moment's Rest, which rests on a plateau above the planets jungle.

The Storm-Eagle touches down without issue and the craft's front ramp hisses open.

Archimedes can hear Frederick yelling from the back of the Storm-Eagle, "After you, Astartes!"

Archimedes steps out and his helmet auto adjusts to the harsh light. Moment's Rest isn't anything to write home about as it resembles more of a shanty town more then everything. The one standout though is the protective wall around the settlement. It's marked with auto-turrets, multiple towers, and multiple walk ways with slits for shooters. It's crawling with activity... more so then the settlement it protects.

The rest of the ground party comes pouring out of the Storm-Eagle. Frederick and Levantine approach a lone man who seems to be waiting for them.

Sarge, with Wyk right behind her, comes up next to Archimedes. She takes in a deep breath and exhales, "Smells like an untamed nightmare."

Last edited by Solodice on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:39 pm

He exits with the bolter in hand. His helmets ancient autosenses track far off threats in the shanty town.

"Smells like recycled air to me." he replies, confident that the fact his helmet meant he was shut off from the sickening smells of moment's rest would not sully his nostrils.

"But its looks like a well guarded pile of grox dung." he finishes.

He begins to move forward, not liking his position on point.
"So why begin our search here? Do you have any contacts?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
"So why begin our search here? Do you have any contacts?"

"Contacts and the fact it's a safe staging point."

Frederick and Levantine come back to the rest of the ground party, "The Talax are happy to have us here for the moment."

Levantine speaks for the first time for Archimedes, "Speaking of the Talax they have not heard of this treasure Legion speaks of. However, the warrior we just spoke to you says an elder might know about what we seek."

"We'll talk with this elder, " Frederick look at Archimedes, "That means you're coming along, Legion. You too, Wyk. Sarge, keep the men in line and tread lightly. We are quite outnumbered here."

"Will do." She says and looks at Archimedes, "Have fun."

Wyk hefts his Great Chainsword and rests it across a shoulder and joins up with the captain and Levantine.

Last edited by Solodice on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:38 pm

He follows, letting his bolter drop from the upright position into a loose, two handed grip.

"Numbers? I am Legion." he says, exceedingly glad he picked that name on a whim. He would enjoy this game.

He moves in, eager to find Ry'kleth and be off this rock as soon as able.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Archimedes follows Frederick, Levantine, and Wyk from the landing port into the shanty town. The town seems to be a trading post, armory, and barracks, all rolled into one. There are plenty of off worlders here doing business.

One of the female off worlders passes by Archimedes and slips a note into one of his magazine pouches. She didn't try to hide it from him but none of the others he was traveling with noticed. This must be Cashmere.

Finding the elder isn't hard. His shack is decorated with countless trophies. No one stands guard outside so Frederick walks in like he owns the place.

The elder, a man of many scares, and a physique more suited for a man thirty years younger, sits on a throne of carved bones. He's working away at a scrimshaw necklace before he spots the group that entered.

He's not phased by the three Astartes and the Pirate Prince standing before him, "Ah, our treasure hunters. Someone said you might come to me."

"Now we're here. So tell me. What do you know about a treasure that might be hidden on this forsaken moon?" Asks Frederick.

The elder sets down the necklace in his lap, "When I was a young warrior doing my first tour here at Moment's Rest a travele came here seeking a place deep in the jungle. What for he did no mention. He brought along with him a heretek and a pysker. The three of them set out into the jungle. We did not here from them for quiet a while but one night the sky opened up and a beam of white light descended down into the jungle. The next day the traveler returned without his companions and set off without a word." The elder reaches down and picks up a gold coin, "He did leave many of these for us though." He tosses it to Frederick who hands it Levantine.

The Sorcerer whispers into the Pirate Prince's ear [-10 Perception test to hear what is being said] and tosses the coin back to the elder.

Frederick smiles and nods his head and leaves the shack.

[Archimedes can probably get in one question to the elder if he wants.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 9:58 pm

Roll:

He looks around at all the talismans and charms that were suspended on many handing beams. They were quite exquisite. He picks one out.
He looks at the bone charm, not able to place the memory......he had to have it.

"Ill be taking this if you dont mind. It...speaks to me." he told the old man, waiting to see if he would protest or not. Perhaps he would even encourage it or had even made it for archimedes. Such things were known to happen in the screaming vortex.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Archimedes hears the whisper from Levantine to Frederick in crystal clear detail, "This is Ry'Kleth's mark. The pirate king did not leave these lightly and the fact he had with him a psyker and heretek... This might be Ry'Kleth's vault we've stumbled upon."

The talisman Archimedes is drawn to is a set of teeth. A set of three that have serpents carved into every conceivable inch.

The elder nods his head at Archimedes selection, "For when one head is cut off two will sprout."

[Gained Gear - Talax Talisman: One time use infamy point.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 am

Archimedes' mind was ablaze with questions. He doubted the old man had any answers. He simply nods and sets the charm around his wrist.

The helmet covered his face at hearing the captains words. If this turned out to really contain the vault.....he would have to kill not only the psyker, but every other person involved here, including the captain. Then, he would have to destroy the vault from reality.

As the others were outside, he pulls the note from his pouch and reads it. When he finishes he conceals the note again, and leaves the shack.

"Time to hit the jungle? or do we have more sightseeing to do first?" he asks, a hint of sarcasm in his raspy voice.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 5:15 pm

"A little rousing speech first don't you think?" Frederick says to no in particular.

The captain and the three Astartes return to the Storm Eagle where the rest of the ground party awaits.

Archimedes uses this moment to slip away. As per Cashmere's note she would be waiting for him by another vessel. She didn't lie.

Cashmere hides in the shade of a crude vessel. Must be a Talax ship.

She bows her head as Archimedes approaches, "Astartes, Ryborn informed me you might be coming." She looks over at Frederick giving his speech, "I didn't expect this much company though. No matter." She leans in close, "I can confirm the presence of one of Ry'Kleth's vaults being here on Ni'iktu." She repeats the same story the Talax elder told you before. She then passes you a cartograph, "I've pieced together a rough estimate of its location based off information from the Talax. It's hidden deep in the jungle. Very deep."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:38 pm

He remains quiet as he takes in all the available information.

"Good work, Cashmere. The others prepare for the jungle. I must be off with them soon."

There was a moment of silence, he had to consider the next few words very carefully.
I must tell you that we are both in danger here. It's been brought to my attention that another astartes is in Ryborn's employ. One of the others with me is a sorcerer, he plans on killing me for Ryborn once we locate the vault. Apparently my price was too steep, and I...embarrassed the boss back on Ghibiline. Not only has he ordered the sorcerer to kill me, but before I left he asked me to kill you. Since I am not keen on this betrayal I must know, what have you done to anger him? or does he fear the vault's location becoming common knowledge?"

He pauses briefly to see her reaction, before finishing his spiel "Since we are both betrayed, would you like to join me and live instead? Perhaps even finding vengeance against our betrayers?"

Decieve:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Cashmere narrows her eyes at the mention of Ryborn betraying her.

Cashmere Scrutiny Roll: 43 (1 DoS)

[Not good enough. She believes you.]

Then she shakes her head in disbelief, "He wants the vaults to himself and the Libertine Counsel. Knocking off those who have found one so they themselves can't run off with the treasures themselves. Smart operational security until the pawns get smart and team up." She pounds a fist against Archimedes armored chest, "And a lack of trust for his agents. Bastard." She then nods her head, "Living and vengeance sounds nice. Sign me up."

[And Archimedes has himself a buddy!]

Archimedes hears the speech winding down and parts ways with Cashmere, "See you when you return." She says as she heads back into town.

Archimedes slips his way under one of the Storm Eagles wings and looks like he's always been there. However, the glint of green lenses, those of Wyk's, stare directly over at him.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 11:09 pm

He nods, glad that she was on his side.
"See if you can round up some muscle. I don't know how the captain or the other guards will react when I kill the sorcerer. We may need some numbers, possibly alternate transport back to Ghibiline as well."

As he turns and walks away, he bids her farewell, "Our vengeance awaits."

He stays silent, wondering what Wyk would do. While he did that he sizes up the sorcerer and evaluates him as a threat.

Evaluate:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Wyk doesn't do anything as he returns his attention back to Frederick's long winded speech. Archimedes tunes him out as he observes Levantine's equipment. He can't make heads or tales about his armor or weapons expect for the fact they're well maintained and incredibly clean.

Archimedes attention drawn to Frederick when he points at, "Legion here will have the honor of leading us out. An ample award for bringing this treasure to my attention." He smiles at Archimedes and then looks to Sarge, "Move them out."

"Yes, sir!" She bellows, "You heard the cap! Staggered column. Shane and Wyk you're up with Legion on point. Everyone else sprinkle yourself around."

The group gets into formation with Archimedes in the lead. He's joined by Shane, the man with the heavy flamer, and Wyk. Frederick and Levatine place themselves a little behind the front of the column. A group of men separating them from Archimedes.

Archimedes leads the column out from Moment's Rest and into the jungle.

[It's around a 2 day trip to the location marked on Cashmere's cartograph]

[Day 1]

The jungle is massive and thick. The undergrowth is hard to penetrate through and so tough at times you have to work around it instead of going through it. The air is pierced by the occasional predator and it's prey trying to escape. However, at one moment everything goes deathly silent and Sarge halts the column.

All eyes begin to scan the surrounding jungle [-10 to perception as it's thick].

[Make an awareness roll.]

Levantine:

Levantine holds up his bolt pistol and scans the jungle.

Frederick:

Frederick follows Levantine and gets his plasma pistol up and scanning the jungle around them.

Wyk:

Wyk readies his chain greatsword and widens his stance. The motor igniting sounds like thunder in the silence.

The rest of the group also readies their weapons and scans the jungle as well.

Ground Party:

No one has spotted anything... yet.

Last edited by Solodice on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Awareness:

Archimedes kept his eyes and ears open. He could handle anything the jungle would throw at him, but it always prepared to be ready. The jungle was thick and humid, though it bothered him little behind his power armor.

He also kept up as much attention as he dare on the sorcerer. The intrigue that the officer had introduced was piquing his interest rapidly, and the fact that Cashmere had bought his story meant he would have backup in some way.

Then he would return to Ghibiline and kill the smug Ryborn.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Archimedes fine tuned senses combined with his armors auto senses pick up on a group of creatures [8 individuals in total] starting to surround the group. He can't make out any fine details but the creatures are the size of Astartes and if he trusts his eyes their fists are made out of bronze.

[From that success Archimedes has a full free round to himself before initiative is rolled.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 12:02 am

"Contacts. We're surrounded. Eight large humanoids, bronze fists."
He warns as he tracks the closest, ready to fire.

He wasn't surprised that everyone else missed them. The alpha legion were experts at the more subtle tactics of warfare. The other astartes, as aloof as they were, were expecting simply to be attacked and not snuck up upon in such a manner.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 8:46 pm

[Oh, that free round I gave doesn't seem special after everyone else got one themselves. So, instead, Archimedes gets to act first before anyone else this round.]

Levantine Initiative: 12

Frederick Initiative: 12

Wyk Initiative: 14

Group Initiative: 8

Shadow Brawlers Initiative: 9 (higher Ag then Arch so they go before him after this round)

[Archimedes goes first and then I'll post the NPCs stuff after that.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Archimedes kept the aim on the nearest creature, but he didn't want to shoot in case it wasn't necessary.

"Hold or we will open fire!" he commands, he didnt know if these were mindless beasts or if they were preparing for a pre-emptive strike, or possibly just checking in on what group was in their neck of the woods.

Spoiler:

When all he received was a roar of defiance, he fired a single, well placed bolt round at the closest one, the one he had been tracking in the thick foliage.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 pm

Shadow Brawler:

Archimedes round strikes with a vicious blow to the creatures right arm as it's obliterated.

Shadow Brawler Toughness Roll: 53 (1 DoF)

[Shadow Brawler is stunned for 1 round]

The beast goes into shock as it stiffens up and falls to the ground.

[Round 1]

With the threat revealed everyone springs into action.

Wyk:

Wyk holds his ground.

Levantine:

Levantine shoots and moves in towards Frederick to protect him.

Shadow Brawler:

The beast isn't able to move quick enough and the bolt round hits it hard.

Frederick:
Frederick fires a ball of plasma into the trees but his target is fast enough to avoid it.

The Shadow Brawlers then come racing up through the jungle.

[Shadow Brawlers will be in charging distance next round.]

Sarge gives the signal to open fire and the group does.
Ground Party:

The groups las shots, frag grenades, shotgun, and autocannon rounds hit everything else but the beasts running at them.

[End of Round 1]

[Round 2]

Wyk:

Wyk still holds his ground waiting for the enemy to come to him.

Levantine:

Levantine takes aim with Bolt Pistol again but reaches into the warp instead of firing. Everyone around him feels an increased burning hatred run through their minds.

"Embrace the hate!" Levantine yells out.

Then suddenly all the beautiful foliage around everyone instantly withers and dies away and then a gust of wind comes through a blows away the remains.

[Everyone must make a +0 Willpower Roll or give up their reaction for this round and gain a free standard attack right this moment. Everyone needs to make a +30 Strength or Agility test to avoid being knocked to the ground beforehand though.]

Levantine:

Levatine is thrown off balance by the gust and falls to the ground.

Frederick:

Wyk:

Ground Party:

The ground party unleashes another devastating volley into the beasts coming at them and this time they hit. They take out 4 of the incoming beasts only leaving 4 left.

Frederick:

Frederick's shot goes way off into another part of the jungle.

Wyk:

Wyk unhooks a frag grenade and tosses it at the beasts.

Damage: 2

It catches three of them but doesn't do much damage.

[Archimedes needs to make two tests here. +30 Agility or Strength roll of be knocked down. Also, a +0 Willpower Roll or give up his reaction to gain a standard attack this very moment. Also, the beast he shot is stunned and helpless.]

[Will continue the update after Archimedes choice.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Spoiler:

The beasts arm blew off in a satisfying shower of gore. Archimedes smiled under his helm at the brutal efficiency. Then he heard the psychic call to battle. He was no stranger to witches and the havoc and power they could invoke, but he could not stop himself. Over come with a violent lust, he fires another shot into the helpless ape-beast whom he had felled.

Spoiler:

As soon as it happened it was over. The battle lust had passed. Archimedes wondered if he could somehow make the sorcerer's error work for him in the future?
That was a thought for another time, right now he just needed to prove himself worthy. He takes a quick aim at another running beast and fires another mass reactive round.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Achimedes quickly dispatches the stunned creature and turns his aim on another rushing straight at him. The rounds strikes true but the beast isn't slowed.

Shadow Brawler:

The two other beasts charge right into the heart of the ground party. There bronze fists smash into the pirates and they hit hard. Hard enough to kill with ease as three pirates fall to the ground with there chests and heads smashed in.

[End of Round 2]

[Round 3]

Wyk springs into action after the beast charges at Archimedes.

Wyk:

Wyk brings his chain greatsword around in a overhead arc and brings the deadly weapon down on the beast. It digs in between the beasts shoulder and neck and penetrates down to its groin. It was dead before it hit the ground.

Levantine gets himself up as Frederick jumps into the fray with the beasts and the ground party. The beasts smash in a few other pirates before they can be brought down. One gets a power mace from Sarge to the head, another is roasted to death by the Heavy Flamer, and the last one is downed by Frederick himself.

[End of Combat]

After all is said and done the ground party lost 5 men leaving 13 left which includes Archimedes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Archimedes sweeps his gun from left to right, making sure the jungle was still clear.

After seeing no more incoming targets, he slowly lowers his gun. Bringing his eyes to the sorcerer and Frederick he says, "Some of these men may still be alive had the warp rage not consumed them. It was a good thing myslef and Wyk were here to pick up the slack."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:21 am

Frederick flicks the blood off of his power sword, "Warp rage or not men will die on this expedition. They all know that. Right, boys!"

The ground party lets out a yell, "Kill or be killed!"

Levantine brushes himself off, "The rage was quite handy for you I see." He says as he slams his pauldron into Archimedes and points to the dead creature off in the distance.

Wyk doesn't say anything.

"Get us back on track, Legion. We're wasting daylight." Frederick says with impatience.

The group continues it trek through the jungle until the light fades to darkness. At that time the ground party sets up camp... in the trees and off the ground and away from any predators down there but who knows what lurks up above.

Archimedes is on first watch with three other ground party members down on the ground. One of them being the giant of a man with the autocannon that everyone called Hev and the two others being Jenkins and Karl.

The jungle is quiet. For now.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 7:44 pm

"I know how to handle myself under duress." he quips back with the hint of a smile under his helmet.

He prods one of the Frederick's dead men with his feet, "Its why I am still alive after a millenia of constant warfare." he adds to make his point.

The rest of the day was quiet, the jungles ablaze with squeaks and squawks of the local wildlife. Legion again leads the way, his ears keen on any threats - from the jungle and from his "allies"
From what he could tell, Frederick had no complaints about Levantine, and lending evidence to the envoy's story. The men seemed eager to follow the captain to his death.

The biggest unknown was Wyk. Who was he? What legion? or chapter possibly? He had the axe, but his quiet demeanor spoke little of a Khornate lean.

At the captain's orders, Archimedes wastes little time in instructing the men under his watch to set up a base perimeter.

"Hev, you will be the closest to base camp and put the autocannon onto the threat from afar."

He looks between Jenkins and Karl, they seemed about average as far as security goons were concerned. "Jenkins, I want you to climb that tree. Call out any threats on our vox.
Karl and I will be on a constant orbit around the camp. Vox if you see anything, I will make the final call."
he adds in as an afterthought, "...Or if you hear any firing of course."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 3:49 pm

The three members do as they're told. Seems like no one is the mood to argue with an Astartes.

Karl and Archimedes orbit the camp and keep their eyes peeled for contacts. There's nothing out there right now.

"So why do you call yourself, Legion?" Seems Karl has worked up his nerve to talk to Archimedes, "Thought the Astartes were... I don't know... more unique then that."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Archimedes was surprised at Karl's inquisitive nature.
"I am named Legion in honor of how many people I've killed. In 10,000 years of warfare one tends to score an Impressive tally."

"What about you, Karl? An armsman in direct service of the captain in quite an honor.
How is it you came to be in such a valued position?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Karl nods his head at Archimedes gruesome boast.

"You have to earn the captains trust and show that you will sell yourself for him. We get perks for our position. The best quarters, first dibs on plunder after the captain, and more leeway with duties outside of raiding. Abuse any of that though... Levantine will see to your grisly end. Used to be Iontin who was in charge of that. Get one of his agents to gut you in your sleep, garrote you on some empty gangway, or space your sorry ass."

As Karl is talking a fog starts to quickly move in. Archimedes thinks he hears a faint laugh coming from within the fog. Karl doesn't react to it.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Archimedes takes a ready stance as he scans for the source of the laugh.
He doesn't warm Karl, no reason to until he knew there was danger.

Spoiler:

"Is Levantine a new addition then? I was under the impression that he was one of the most senior members based on the captain's reliance on him."

After Karl responds....

"How does the crew like the sorcerer compared to Iontin?" he chuckles as he thinks of the possabilities.
"I bet the story of Iontin's discharge is a good one."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Archimedes listens to Karl as he scans the fog. Even with his enhanced eyes and his armors own auto-senses there's nothing in the fog...

"Levantine isn't new. He's been with the captain for as long as I can remember." It takes him a few more seconds to answer the other question, "Hard to say. With Iontin you knew you were going to die but it was never for something trivial. You knew you did something wrong if Iontin was coming for you. Levantine on the other hand isn't as forgiving... one wrong word or gesture and you'd be cut in two or brought to his chambers for things only Slaneesh knows about."

Archimedes hears another voice. It's as loud and clear as if whoever was speaking was standing right next to him.

"What brings this merry group deep into the jungles of Ni'iktu? I know you all didn't come for the scenery. So, you must be here for my treasure then."

Karl still doesn't respond to any of this. Archimedes then quickly puts things together. This is telepathy.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 10:23 am

Archimedes was caught off guard by the mind intrusion. When Karl doesn't respond, he thinks back at the voice.

And who am I speaking to? There are many treasures that I seek from many benefactors.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm

A laugh rings through Archimedes head, "The vault of Ry'Kleth is what you seek. You're on the same path I traveled years ago with the man himself."

Archimedes remembers the talk with the Talax elder. When Ry'Kleth came here he was accompanied by a psyker and Heretek. They did not return with him.

"I'll tell you right now, Astartes, it's to go back the way you came with your friends. The path is only full of difficulty and death."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 5:48 pm

He thought back at the voice, "difficulty? Death? Sounds like more a benefit than a curse. My benefactors are not going home in any case. I take it you are Ry'kleth's psyker friend who never returned? Be you friend or foe?"

The voice seemed more forlorn than aggressive. He hoped to use it to his advantage.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 4:38 pm

"Hmmm, not your friends it seems then. Friend or foe? Foe to those who won't help me escape from this cage the man stuck me in. Friend to those that will help me escape. So, what are you, Astartes? Friend of foe?" The psyker asks.

Karl has noticed Archimedes has gone quiet, "Everything good, Legion?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 5:09 pm

"Friend to the ones who help me destroy the same cage your imprisoned in. I need to destroy the vaults." He replies to the psyker.

When Karl speaks, he waits for a dramatic pause, he then let's the tension out of his body. He didnt realize how much he had tensed when the psyker had started speaking.
"No. I thought I heard something but it's just some sort of sitter img mammal in the trees, about the size of a fist. Nothing to worry about."
And, just to keep Karl on his toes, he adds, "I hope..."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Karl adjusts his shotgun at Archimedes last comment.

"Destroy them? Ah, I would like to see the look on Ry'Kleths face when you'r done with your mission, Astartes. Tell me. Do you know what happened to the man?" The psyker asks.

[For a truthful answer or just seeing if Arch knows the truth you can give me an intelligence test.]

Karl cocks his head at something [Arch doesn't have a vox link but all the pirates have vox beads], "Jenkin's says he's lost us in the fog. Should we double back or keep going?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 am

"No," was the only answer he had for the voice.

He assessed the situation and made a snap decision. "Its unwise to keep going without backup. Let's double back."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 5:50 pm

"Pity, I was hoping to hear of his grizzly demise." The psychic voice says in a somber tone.

Archimedes and Karl begin to double back towards camp. The follow their trail but the fog is not thinning out. Eventually you come back around to where you started.

"Okay, this is weird." Karl says as he sizes his boot print up with his boot.

Archimedes, with his perfect relocation, was on the right path back to camp. Archimedes then hears another faint laugh come from the fog. Karl doesn't react to it like the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 pm

"Something is wrong here." he warns.

He looks around to find the source of the laugh. This was most likely one of Ryborn's traps.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 8:53 pm

[A Ry'Kelth trap rather then Ryborn. Stupid names being to similar to one another Razz ]

Again, Archimedes can't pinpoint a source for the laugh.

"As I said Astartes... the path is long and treacherous." The psyker laughs and it matches the one that comes from the fog.

Then it comes to Archimedes. The fog is probably acting as some kind of psychic force.

[Give me a Willpower roll -30.]

"Shit, contact right!" Karl barks out as he fires a burst of his shotgun to his right. Archimedes sees a silhouette in the fog. Then he sees more... then he sees hundreds.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 pm

Spoiler:

"Contacts!" he warns the others, hoping that he could fend them off long enough to let the others arm themselves.

He was not so impulsive as Karl though, he takes aim at the nearest figure in the fog, waiting for the first sign of attack.
"Hold still! Explain yourselves or die." he warns them.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyFri May 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Archimedes gets no response from the others when he calls out the contacts.

Archimedes gets an answer from the silhouettes, "We are the dead." They say in unison of a hundred voices.

One of the silhouettes moves at a blinding speeding and phases through Karl. There's no physical damage done but Archimedes notes that Karl has lost some of his muscle mass.

Another silhouette launches at Archimedes. [Can be dodged without penalty.]

[Give me a Willpower -20 roll as well.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun May 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Spoiler:

He just barely manages to avoid the silhouette's rush as he notices the draining effect it has on Karl.
"Don't let it hit you again." he warns the erstwhile guard.

With no response on the vox he offers another kind of warning, a single shot from the bolter would warn anyone who wouold hear.
Spoiler:

He knew this was either sorcery or some sort of psychic imprint that left its mark on the area. Without any psyker senses he couldnt tell which it was.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Archimedes side steps the silhouette and puts a bolt round through its back. The silhouette disintegrates into smoke.

There is no response to the shot like Archimedes hoped.

Karl sights in a silhouette getting two close and blasts it with his shotgun vaporizing it. Another launches itself at him.

Karl:

It passes through him. More of his muscle mass is gone and Archimedes can see the imprints of Karl's check bones pressing against his skin.

Karl's knees give out and he collapses, "Help me, Legion!" He screams out.

Before Archimedes can do anything for him a silhouette comes racing at him [can be dodged without penalty].

[Give me a Willpower -10 now.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon May 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Spoiler:

He didnt like where this was going. Karl was down and there was no help forthcoming.

He decided on a different tactic to see just how much these shades could take.

He moves to Karl, standing over his prone form. He changes his fighting style to his least favorite - Close combat. He unsheathes the legion blade, itself a relic from the crusades and holds it defensively in his left hand while maintaining a one handed grip on the boltgun in the right.

"Bring your challenge." he says to the shades. He was now sure this was the same kind of trap the the psyker voice had just warned him about.
He swipes at the nearest shade, while firmly maintaining his defensive posture.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun May 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Archimedes knife slices through a silhouette without a problem. It dissipates into smoke like the one he shot.

Archimedes can see the silhouettes aren't coming near him anymore. Instead one silhouette is absorbing those around it. It features start to become more defined and detailed. Eventually its once blank face cracks open with a mouth and eyes full of fire.

"We shall take what is ours to take!" The thing yells.

It starts to move in Achimedes general direction but weaves between the trees and brush to obscure itself. Doing that and a smokey haze around it makes it hard to target [-20 to BS rolls].

[Give me Willpower +0 roll.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyTue May 22, 2018 2:07 am

Spoiler:

The shadow had made an error and condensed itself down to a single, easy to kill form.

He takes aim with his bolter in a single handed grip as the shadow bobs and weaves through the trees.

Spoiler:

He squeezes the trigger and fires a single, well placed shot in its direction.
"Take this." he replies, matter-of-factly.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptySun May 27, 2018 9:46 pm

The bolt round punches right into the things head and explodes in a ball of fire. The thing dissipates into smoke.

Unfortunately for Archimedes and Karl more shadows are starting to come together. Archimedes spots two more solid shadows materialize and start their advance on him. These don't try to hide themselves between the trees. They're coming straight towards Archimedes.

[-10 BS to them do to a smokey haze around them.]

[Give me a Willpower +10 roll.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 11:37 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 11:50 am

Everything stops. The materialized shadows, other silhouettes, even the wind through the trees. The world then comes crumbling in on itself around Archimedes and he finally wakes up.

Archimedes is slumped up against a tree while Karl fell back first onto the ground. He's starting to wake up as well. It wasn't all a nightmare though... Karl's body mass is still changed and he's having a hard time standing up.

The fog has dispersed and the morning light is poking around the horizon.

No one has come to look for them... have they left? Did the fog do the same thing to them?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 11:53 am

Archimedes stands and moves to Karl.
"Hold still." he says as he picks him up and brings him over his shoulder.

The amount of psyker-nonsense was really starting to annoy him.

He voxes back to the main encampment.
"This is Legion, some sort of witchery has kept us entrapped. How copy?"

With Karl over his shoulder, he stalks back towards the camp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next