A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]

Go down 
+3
mruozu
Iron and Metal
Sylphilis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 2:31 am

Hey all, I am looking to get back into my GMing and I was wondering if anyone was interested in another game or had time for one? 

I have a few options in mind: 

1) Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords 

• We had one game die on the old forums and I am looking to give this one a shot. I have GMed it in real life and it is quite a good adventure.

2) DnD 5E

• I have seen lots of good come out of DnD 5E so far with lots of homebrewed characters and the like around. I was thinking of giving it a go, but might need some time to get a story together.

3) Star Wars - Edge of the Empire 

• With the new Star Wars coming out soon, and the fact that I love all things Star Wars, I am interested in running a game of this as well. Once again, I would need a week or so to get a story sorted, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

Anyways, let me know if you guys are interested at all and we can get another game going! 
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:55 am

I would love to bring Thain back. My vote is for Star Wars.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 3:32 am

I vote for DnD 5e
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 am

Nice! I am glad to see some interest in these. Let's see what others might think about it in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 3:40 am

I might be interested. I'll need to withdraw my character I rolled up for your Dark Heresy game though as I would not want to become over stretched with the potential introduction of games that are on a break.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 6:25 am

I dunno if the DH game will ever come back. I hope it does, but it seems to have died. So if you are down to start up here, that'd be great!
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 6:35 am

I'm in then. I'm sitting on the fence as to what we play.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 am

Hey, Mark. Anymore word on this?

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 12:32 am

I would still like to get something up and running, but not quite sure if there is enough interest at the moment.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 10:06 pm

I will bump this due to a few new players joining the site. It'd be great if we could get something going.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 pm

Hmmm, Star Wars does sound fun and I need something to do then just GM (I'm a GM of a PbP game on another site as well). So count me in for some good ol' space fantasy Razz
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 9:11 am

Atta baby, Solo!

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:49 pm

Sounds like Star Wars has the consensus. Syl and Carn, would you still like to join if it is Star Wars?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 1:40 am

Yeah, count me in.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Did someone say Star War
Back to top Go down
MedicMarch

MedicMarch

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 10:08 am

I'd have to gather the source material but I'd play SW
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 1:50 pm

This is going to be epic.

Since we have the consensus, can we start talking PC ideas/troupes? I am not familiar with the Rules for this particular game system, but I would really like to bring back Thain as much as possible. For the unfamiliar, Thain was your typical Zabrak Rogue - very Han Solo-ish and could talk his way into and out of practically anything. When that failed he let others do the heavy shooting while firing from heavy cover.

In other words, dibs on Rogue?

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
This is going to be epic.

Since we have the consensus, can we start talking PC ideas/troupes? I am not familiar with the Rules for this particular game system, but I would really like to bring back Thain as much as possible. For the unfamiliar, Thain was your typical Zabrak Rogue - very Han Solo-ish and could talk his way into and out of practically anything. When that failed he let others do the heavy shooting while firing from heavy cover.

In other words, dibs on Rogue?

The system is quite simple from what I've read. Also, if anyone needs to books I do have them (warning beforehand they're all high/medium end scans/photographed copies because FFG isn't allowed to make PDFs of them).

For Thain he might fit into one of the Smuggler specializations like Charmer or Scoundrel.

Scoundrel: "Part con artist, part gunslinger, and part cantina brawler, the Scoundrel is quick-witted, quick on his feet, and quick to get himself into a great deal of trouble at the drop of a hat.

Charmer: "Confident and elegant, the Charmer employs his wits and wiles with more precision than a laser scalpel. Rather than resorting to uncivilized intimidation tactics or distasteful acts of violence, the Charmer believes the best way to get what he wants is to simply ask for it."

I'm going with a Chiss Big Game Hunter. So a tracker/sniper character with a daredevil attitude.

Last edited by Solodice on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling... cause I suck at it.)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Actually, in Star Wars Saga Thain was a total Scoundrel if I remember correctly. I posted his PC sheet on here in the Workshop thread a couple days ago.

I would love a copy of the books. Scoundrel/Charmer sounds exactly right.

Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 am

I'd have thrown Thain more as a Charmer he talked his way out of most things - thinking of going Smuggler and focusing on Piloting primarily - we start out with a ship if I remember EotE correctly.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:29 am

Edge of the Empire uses non standard dice yeah, will that work with orokos?

Also what books other than core rule book have options for character creation?
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:37 am

There are rules for using standard dice to roll for EotE -orokos also has the non standard dice coded.

I think every archtype has a suplement with more options not 100% sure

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 am

Woohoo! This is gonna be epic. Sorry for the delay guys, was with the in-laws and then getting paperwork filed to be married. 

What period are you guys most interested in? 
-Old Republic
-Rise of Empire/Clone Wars 
-Rebellion
-New Republic
-New Jedi
-Legacy

The dice in this game is pretty different from our usual games, so it will take some getting used to. Thankfully, as Solo mentioned, Orokos has coded the dice into their system. Rolling it even shows the dice at the end with symbols and all. This is great. I think we should stick to Orokos unless someone has another site that is better for rolling the Edge of Empire dice. 

So, let's get a game thread going! Jeff, can you manage to get that up and running? Or can I make the subforum myself? 

Looks like we have: Iron, Solodice, Carn, Medic, and Azza interested. If anyone else is interested, let me know. Start thinking of your character ideas or feel free to import those from past games into the new system.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 am

I love the Old Republic PC games so would be down with that period, but i’m easy.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 11:46 am

My order of preferences for which period to pay in:

1. Rebellion
2. Old Republic
3. Rise of Empire/Clone Wars

Last edited by Solodice on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Flipped around rebellion and old republic)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Mruozu wrote:
So, let's get a game thread going! Jeff, can you manage to get that up and running?

I'll get on it. I need to know the title and any subheading you want for it.

I don't know a whole lot about the Old Republic, but I'm sure it won't be hard to read up on. I like the Rebellion personally - anything where killing Storm Troopers is an occurance, but I will go with the consensus no prob.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]   Looking to start a game - [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking to start a game - [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1