A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Ruaidhri]

"Yeah, she got some mad skills in fixin' people up. Bit of a greaser too. Could be hiding out doin' work in a clinic or trying to get on as a mechanic near the docks."

Petra's smile turned into a chuckle. "Yeah, sure thing, half-pint. You get me my girl, I'll toss in a writing-skull."

+++++++ +++++++ +++++++

[Stubbs and Wiremu]

The Judges move in, keeping their weapons out and ready. The civilians in the area had basically vanished. Watching the show was not worth also attracting the ire of the Arbites. The lead Arbitrator, whose jaw was as square and scarred as an old statue approached and restrained Wiremu while the others made sure Stubbs didn't move.

Rough hands restricted the Chindit's and in moments his hands were behind his back and locked tightly in restraints. Two Arbites circled Stubbs and did the same to him. In moments, the two Bastards had been thoroughly disarmed and arrested.

Before they could speak, blackout hoods were placed over there heads. They moved, hands gripping their arms and leading them. They could hear a door slide open as they were roughly shoved inside and placed on a seat. Before long, they were mobile, speeding off to an unknown location...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:10 am

Stubbs be bouncin' round inside tha vehicle dey definitely be in, headin' fuh who be knowin' where. He didn't be likin' dis shit not one bit, but feth it. Nothin' ta be doin' bout it now. Dey in the shit and dats jus' how it be goin'.

Stubbs be havin' his time wit tha law. No use tryin' ta get any info out dem. Shit, deys might be poundin' on him and Wiremu jus fuh askin'.

The big man be stayin' quiet...knowin' nuthin' he say make any difference no how.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:49 pm

Ruaidhri nodded back, his eyes serious, and his mouth relaxed. Taking the photo back from his comrade, he slipped it into the inside pocket of his uniform.
"We have a concord. Time for us to get on her trail. We'll be in contact."

Uallachan let loose a dense cloud of dark smoke from his nostrils, his smile wide.
"Blessed St Douglas will give his praise. Tis a noble deed, we undertake. For though our sunglasses may darken when danger approaches, our skin will still remain so chill that the flesh of the ox will not spoil next to us."

Dropping a nod at the two behind the table, he turned on his heel and followed Ruaidhri as the other Rattling made his way out from the room.
"Ever think of getting a tattoo? I'm planning on getting this backspread- large scrawly writing- 'Yer ma did it better'. Something to really show the inner tortured artist inside me. And maybe 'suck and push- the only words your daddy ever understood' Not sure where that one would go though. Because you know, where a tattoo goes is really important. Otherwise it would just be pointless."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm

[Ruaidhri]

"One more thing. Numa is going with you. She's a tracker and a damn good one. She can get you in the right direction, but she isn't exactly non-descript. So you'll have to do the close in work. Hurry off now. The sooner this is done, the happier we all will be."

A woman stands from one of the tables spread throughout the room. She had been watching and listening intently the whole time, but you hadn't noticed her. This was especially surprising as, like Petra said, she was distinguishable. She stares both Ratlings in each of their eyes and jerks her head to the door without a word. Apparently it was time to go.

Numa:

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Ruaidhri and Uallachan turned their heads from the exit of the room to look back as Petra spoke again. The two eyed Numa as she stood up before turning to look at eachother. While the expression on the red haired Ratling remained stoic, Uallachans face broke into a wide smile, his dirty yellow teeth showing.
"Una's husband in the cot"
"Griddle cakes on the way mo chara."

Ruaidhri's eyes twitched and then he nodded as Petra.
"I'm sure she'll be valuable in her assistance."
Turning on his heel, he paid no further attention to Numa as he exited the room. As they made their way back to the stairs Uallachan had been staring back at the woman with unconcealed mirth.

"Numa numa numa yeah. Bit of a poser eh? Just how long does it take you to get that whole get up together? Hours and hours in front of the mirror each morning gelling that hair and getting your make-up all distinctive? Sainted Emporor's bottom sores, but I've never seen as distinctive a tracker. Do you take pride in being shit at your job? Wee bitty advice. Key part of tracking is actually not being recognised by those you are following. Ack well. It'll be an invaluable education running along with us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:39 am

Numa moves up to Uallachan, softly running a hand through his scruffy hair and giving it a hard tug and then a soft pat.

"Good boy."

Her voice escapes her rebreather like a wisp of smoke coming off of a nearly finished lho stick. She moves past him, her hips pushing him to the side and gently brushing against Ruaidhri's shoulder.

Without a look back, she begins moving down the stairs, the bouncers moving out of her way without a word.

+++

The streets were still busy as you exit Gammorah 6. Whenever Bazin and Newt eventually re-link up, Numa doesn't introduce herself. She regards them cooly, even tosses them a nod, as though they were expected, but stands a few feet away.

Of the rest of 7th squad, there is absolutely no sign. Stubbs, Wiremu, and Rook had not returned, and even odder yet was the disappearance of Artur and Karsith.

There was a moment to speak to one another, but it was fleeting. Whether or not anyone takes advantage of it, after a few minutes the loudspeaker nearby crackles to life:

"All citizens of Port Wander, in the name of the Adeptus Arbites be-advised: Mandatory curfew is in effect - fifteen minutes post night cycle. There is to be no one out on the streets at this time. Monorail systems have been shut down during curfew. Violators will be subjugated to the full extent of the Law. The Emperor Protects."

Like clockwork, the lights dimmed and a softer automated voice came on.

"Night cycle will begin in ten standard minutes."

Those outside of Gammorah 6 are quickly ushered in while a few turn and head off. The streets were still busy, but the trained eye saw that they were starting to thin.

Numa steps up and points down the main thoroughfare. Without another word, she begins walking.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:01 pm

As Numa moved up and ran her hand through his hair, he looked up at her before giving her rear end a slap.
"Woof woof Numa numa yeah. Glad to see you've got a tongue in that old head of yours. Now the important question is, are ya actually going to use it? Can you hold a conversation of any note or import? I'm going to guess not. Going to bet ya that you are just going to stand around all silent, masturbating over how cool you appear. Kinda goes hand in hand with all the get up you've got on. Appearance over any semblance of personality. I've got a pet brick you remind me a lot of."
His tone was jocular, his eyes alight as he watched her.

Ruaidhri gave her a glance as she moved past, and then gently brushed past her hips as he overtook her going down the stairs. As they reentered the club, his eyes were scanning the room for his three companions. When he caught their eyes, he flicked his up, referencing the taller figure directly behind him. As they all gathered together, he started his explanation.

"You can probably guess what was nicked from me. Our host, one Petra is the man behind it. Got a room above the club along with host of heavies."
"You'll know the type. All tattoos, suits, drugs and stuff. All very 'intimidating'."
"Anyways this Petra naturally is refusing to give back our chit unless we do a job for him."
"Kindly deigned to double it if we bring him back someone."
"We've this weird signed painting of this target. Apparently some ex employee. Wanted alive and unharmed."
"I'm figuring its an ex squeeze of his. Like why else would you have a portrait of one of your staff? Care to let us know any more Bricky?"
He gestured at the figure standing close to them and then continued in an exaggerated whisper.
"This stern and silent figure watching us with her cool eyes and saying nowt, is Brick, a minder from up high who has been attached to us."
"Apparently she's an expert tracker who's going to help us get on the scent of this Jules, apparently to be found in some clinic or a garage."

He gave a sigh and pushed his shoulders back.
"Its a bit of a shit situation I grant you. Here we are with very different plans for our evening, mugged and then given some orders to carry out on our night off. Him and I don't have much choice seeing as we are responsible for the company purse but I'll leave it up to you if you want to join us or sit tight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Newt shook her head in disbelief at the turn of events.

Somehow they both knew shit would go sideways.

Bazin sighed, "Well, feth. I guess we better find this target then. You heard the announcments. Fifteen until curfew. Then its sneaking around for us. C'mon Newt. We got shit to do now."

He nudges her to get up, but she moved sluggishly slow, still not wanting to believe the rotten luck.

Finally, he gets some sense into her and gets her up to her feet looking back at Uallachan as he does so:
"Ill let you explain the mess to sergeant."
The smug smile quickly fades,
"On second thought, maybe I should do it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8