A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Artur keeps his eyes focused on the Arbitrators helmet.

"Lissen pal, if ye 'ave anyhin else t' say can ye get it o'er wi'. I'm sure yer a busy man an' me and me squad 'ave places t' be."

Artur remains relaxed and genial, his voice pitched towarss comradie of men wanting to get on with their jobs rather than anger at the situation.

Spoiler:

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 06, 2018 7:08 pm

The Arbitrator stared stone-faced back at Artur. One of the other Arbitrators walked up just as the corporal was finishing.

"Sergeant, this is the Hudson, after all. Their captain isn't known for causing trouble. Besides, we already have the cogboy's whatever-it-is and the lot of them aren't all packing."

The sergeant thought on this for a moment and then nodded. "OK, then. You are cleared for entry."

As the words left his mouth, the red light atop the entryway turned green and the steel bars slid apart.

"Welcome to Port Wander."

Opposed WP:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Rook's face lit up with green light, and not just from the entry lights, when Artur fast talked his way into Port Wander. There was an ancient Terran saying that applied to what he felt, but he couldn't summon it from the depths of his mem-bank. At least some of them would be able to stand up in inevitable altercation that always seemed to find the Bastards of 7th. Nevertheless, they were moving again, and it appeared they had somewhat of a reputation on the port already that could prove valuable again later. As he and Stubbs walked past the checkpoint, he looked over at Artur. You deserve a promotion for the way you handled that Corporal, he said with genuine conviviality. I doubt Rhone could have done it better. He tipped his imaginary cap to Artur and walked through the threshold and into the world of Port Wander
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 06, 2018 10:50 pm

The moment the doors had sealed them in, Ruaidhri could feel his skin tighten. He had no particular fear of tight or enclosed places but this felt like a trap. His eyes kept uncomfortably returning to look at the automated turret. It didn't need much imagination to know what kind of damage that thing would deal out to them. They had practical experience. And they would be helpless to fight back.

"Stiffen up a bit there Ruaidhri. Not losing your bottle are you?"
Uallachan raised his eyebrows a couple of times as he continued.
"Like the rifle you are just about to lose.”

“Feck off. What use would you be then spotter? Might as well leave you behind with the gun
“How could the rest of team cope without me? You forget my chief role in this group is to look after the moral development of our dear brothers and sister. I’m the father confessor.”

“Right…. And who exactly has confessed to you?”
“They will. They just need time. Look at these bastards. Weird sexual deviancies falling in and out of every orifice. Look at Rook for instance…”

They happened to both look up at the mechanized man as he walked over to deposit his ax. Ruaidhri clenched his fists. He tried to think how he could talk his rifle past the guards. A crutch? A vital piece of medical equipment? He couldn’t see either convincing the guards behind the grille.
“How about a Uallachan sized dildo?” his partner whispered behind him.
“We could demonstrate it on Stubbs….”
“I’ll let you suggest that to him.”

Uallachan turned toward the erstwhile recipient before being hauled back.
“Ok ok. I’m sure someone else would be up for it.”

Ruaidhri ignored him and watched Artur do his stare down with the lead guard before unbelievably the door opened. He kept his eyes on the door until he had filed out with the others past the check point, waiting on the door to close on him. Instead he stood with the other Bastards and looked at their first real sight of Port Wander.

“I’ll join that circle jerk sir. That was some bloody impressive talking there. I didn’t expect to get past there with anything beyond me knicks. Wonder who fecked up with what we could take in?”

Uallchan looked up at the big shapes of Rook and Stubbs.
“Ready to get up to some badness? Leave with more than we came with eh”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 06, 2018 11:16 pm

Rook looked down at the spotter who was suggesting something akin the first bit of sense he had ever heard from either of the pair and leered. Uallchan, it appears that we are on the same frequency. He rubbed his hands together at the little man, Let's see who wants to make a deal. His eyes were scanning their surroundings, and though there was a lot of hustle and bustle there didn't seem to be anything resembling the trade hubs he was used to in the camp follower ships. Where is it? he asked after a pause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon May 07, 2018 12:58 am

Wiremu nodded his thanks to Artur.
"Cheers cuz. The security hasnt been this tight on other stations we have visited."
He gestures towards the M36.
"Thanks for sorting that"

He turns towards Ruaidhri.
"Chur boys, you know about togs? Been chatting wit the others eh. And im sure you boys have had your togs checked more than i have huhuhu"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon May 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Bazin and Newt walk past the Arbites in disbelief. Some stuff like that would've landed them in stockades, had they been nailed. The arbites seemed not to care as long as they didnt cause any trouble.

Good luck with that he thinks.

"Its a good thing we didnt go with your plan," Newt whispers to Bazin.

"No kidding, we would've had to break the launcher in parts to sneak it through anyway. It could've worked." he responded in kind.

"Who knows if that scanner-majig would've caught it. And I'm sure it would've caught the ammo in any case."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon May 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Uallacahn was giving his nether regions a scratch.
"Good old Rooky. Your frequency is always my frequently. If we keep our eyes beedy it shouldn't be too hard to find those with things they are looking to be relieved of."

He cast a look over his shoulder back at the check point.
"No point looking about here though. Every sailor knows you don't find anchorage as soon as you hit shore. Anything firm, fresh and flexible will be hidden away from these bright spotlights. We need to get into the dark underbelly of this place before we'll find hands to shake and to hold. You looking for much here Rooky?
We have a very specific item in mind and I don't think it will be on general sale. So glad we've been paid all this time"

As he said this last he looked up at the mechanical man and gave his empty pockets an ostentatious pat.

Ruaidhri had his looseleaf bacco out and was sorting it into his pipe when Wiremu spoke to Artur.
"Last couple of stations we were in, we were manacled to guys like that. Bit of a new experience still being armed at this point."

When the Chindit spoke to him, his face broke into a wide grin.
“You’ve been chatting to the others about the state of our togs eh Neo? It’s true to say that such thoughts are rarely from our minds or mouths. Possibly as we are constantly groin height. That last though sounds like a bit of an offer. Would you like me to check your togs Neo? I’m sure I could talk Uallachan into it as well if you wanted a bit of two on one?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon May 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Once they where clear Artur brushed off the praise

"Feth me lads, ye ferget someone wanted an excuse to blow our heeds o' fethin power maul wavin' jobsworth ain' nuttin' on 'at."

He turns to Nat
"Right gel g' t' map o' lets fib' us t' sharpest ruote below decks so we can secure t' targit and g' dis done."

Nat nodded and started going for the. Ap Rhone had provided when Artur looked back he saw Rook and the Ratlings together and grimced whistling loud through his teeth to get the whole squads attention

"I dunno wa' briefin' ye' were at, but if ye think were gonna go half cocked off missin t' second we get 'hrugh security ye got 'nother 'hing commin. We get the target and get 'er 'ome toot fethin' sweet an den we get some RnR if we can. Don't give a feth whose payin' t' bills now bu' we are the fethin' Guard an' we ain't no fethin' penal scum no more sp les try a bit o' profesionalisim."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 am

Wiremu laughed.

"Chur for the offer cuz, but your not really my type. Plus i already have someone who checks my togs"
He winks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 am

Stubbs smiles down at tha techy boy and pats his shoulda again.

"I ain't got much ta trade an' tha like...but feth me, I can sure help sumone be thinkin' bout relievin' demselfs of a few dem items. Dey say I pretty convincin'."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 08, 2018 8:41 pm

The loading docks bustled as servitors and their overseers loaded huge cargo containers. A civilian version of the sentinel walker, refitted with a huge hydraulic clamp, thumped by a few meters away. More were spread out around the cargo bay, but such was its size that they couldn't be heard. Random flight crews huddled among themselves still inside their flight suits. There were multiple exits and entrances, which spoke to the accessibility of these important areas.

Nearby, a bright hologram flashed to life just in front of the group. A scantily dressed woman danced in a circle provocatively. She must have had facial enhancement surgery, because she looked more feline than human.

Two nights only! All night long! Gammorah 6 will be hosting the Fantastic Felinid Five. Come see what twelve systems have hailed as 'the sexiest show in the sector.' We will blow your mind and harden your spirits. Gammorah 6 - located on the understation on your way from the Gilt Processionals to the Court of the Dead. Just follow your throbbing heart and the signs... Two nights only. The Empurrrrrrer Puuurrrrtects.

The feline woman danced away as graceful as anything you'd ever seen and the hologram disappeared back into the wall, waiting for the next batch of newcomers to make their way through.

I suppose the question now was, what next?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Bazin read the sign, and the female caught his eye. But then he smiled as he imagined Toreth smacking her and calling her a heretical whore.

"I think we should take care of business before finding any trouble." he says to the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 09, 2018 6:59 am

Daemaer nods, busy watching the sentinel walker.

"Shiiiit. i really want to pilot one of those. Would be heaps of fun! But yeah, lets get shit sorted. Then we can have some fun!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Thu May 10, 2018 12:49 am

Rook reaches over and pats Stubbs on the top of the head, as Jacjonson snakes out and rests on Stubbs' shoulder like a second hand. Much in the way a father does when offering his child advice. Stubbs my boy, we really must train you in the art of the deal. Rule 101.1, always have something to trade. I can't get you something optimal for your person if you have nothing to barter with. There is nothing in the Emperor's Imperium that is free my friend. He then swatted him on his over-developed bicep, Do not be alarmed, however. If you observe me when I am in the process of acquiring something for myself, you may learn something! His mood was a jovial one, but a more perceptive individual could tell it was just a front to mask his anxiousness at being separated from both his prizes.

Where are we going Artur? he inquired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Thu May 10, 2018 11:13 am

Stubbs be noddin' his 'ead all slow like as he listened to da techy. Sum da stuff be gettin' thru ta him, but he best not known fuh his intellagence...but feth most dat shit make sense.

"Well I be guessin' yous right. I gots some dinky knives and sum "meds" doh. Mayhaps dem get us helpin' towards a new deal or summin. I keep my eyes out watchin' you doh."

The big man smiles and follows afta tha others. The feline peaked his interest a bit, but nah he best stick to da plan.

"Whew! Could be gettin' it on...but shiiiiit, Bazin right. Les keep it real fuh now."

Gnawin' at the back of his head though, despite the words and laughter was the thought that Rhone wasn't here. He just wasn't. And damn they hadn't been without him in...well it seemed like eva. Artur was damn good in charge and all, but Rhone had that special summin summin. It damn well got dem out of tha shit on mo than one occassion.

Stubbs sighs and scratches his bald head, wonderin' what the sarge was up to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sat May 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Artur shakes his head and clears his throat
"A'ight boys an girls, best we have is we need t' head t' the lower decks. O'er 'an at we 'av t' get info. And les' be honest we are a b' light on offensive pow'r - and I feel if dey are sendin' us we migh' need it. So we 'it a den o' inequity an' ask some questions. So we mov' in ten so check wah ya got an' be ready t' move. Nat weres t' map?"

Nat appears at Arturs elbow the map in a clear plastic case and hands it to him
"Right here boss."

Spoiler:

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 13, 2018 6:07 pm

The two Rattlings attention was immediately drawn to hologram. Each had moved forward to examine her more closely before it disappeared.
"Awfully fancy brothels they have up here."
Uallachan was shaking his head sadly.
"Just think of all the poor unemployed scalpers. It gives you that human touch. With a scalper handing out leaflets of their wares I've got something physical in my hand."
"And a taste of the quality of their wares"
"The real taste will be when we get down there. If they don't have them all scampering around behind a wooden fence then you know the soul is gone from the game."

The two turned to rest of the group when Artur spoke.
"We concur exactly sir. Let's head below decks and see if we can find this under station."
"This Gammorah 6 sounds like our best first destination. Everyone knows- when you want local information...."
"Hit the local pub. And I'm betting this whack shack will have its share of locals scattered around."
"Seeing as we are going in pretty blind sir."
"Top brass have already messed up what we could and couldn't take in here. What else have they left out?"
"Seeing as you say sir, we are walking in pantsless, it might be vital to get the lay of the land before we make any significant steps."
"Don't want to head in half-cocked or anything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 15, 2018 10:31 pm

It was amazing what a solid map in competent hands could do. After Artur and Nat looked over the map Rhone had given them for a few moments, they quickly found the exit that they were supposed to take. The bustling area the Bastards arrived in exited into a wide high way. To the left and right, a steady trickle of people moved to and fro. Sometimes the trickle would turn into a flow and the squad would have to zig-zag and actively move about to stay within sight of one another. The source of these sudden floods of people, they soon came to find out, was the offloading of Port Wander's public transportation system.

Coming around a juncture, Artur spotted the tram. A wide stairway led up to a platform from which people could board. The tram itself was nestled into a tight line on the ceiling. The electric lines were some ten meters up so as to remove the vehicle from any type of pedestrian traffic. A sign on one of the platforms read "To The Gilt Processionals" in fading Gothic.

The tram moved steadily. The car was well populated, but not overflowing with passengers. It was a relatively short ride; within fifteen minutes a voice came over the intercom announcing your arrival. Those with astute senses could tell that not only were you moving further inside of the station, you were also moving on a slight decline. When the doors slid open, a similar platform greeted you with more use and less fanfare.

After following the stairs downward, a buzz grows louder. As the sound of the exiting tram dies away, the buzz grows in volume. Voices. Hundreds and thousands of voices.

The Gilt Processionals stretch for nearly a kilometer in a wide arc to your left and right. The heavily trafficked walkway meanders between levels down wide holds that have long lost their original purpose, and twists through cramped compartments thick with the scent of burning spices and heady narcotics. This ragged arc houses thousands of traders, whose stalls compete for space with criers hawking their wares.

A group of children stand around the spacious entrance, begging for thrones for anyone who bothers to spare them a look. Similarly, they look at you with wide, puppy dog eyes, some with tears in them, and ask only for a few thrones.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Bazin eyes the masses, the buildings, enclosed spaces, tams, and even the beggars.
"Juts like home isnt is?" he shout/tells Newt.

"Sure is." she shout/says back.

"Keep your hands on your gear, where there's people, there's pickpockets." she says to the rest of the squad.

Bazin instinctively rests a tight grip on his laspistol in its holster.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 16, 2018 1:21 am

Wiremu whistled as they rode on the tram, and did a final gear check before they moved out.

Wiremu spoke up in reply.

"Huhu true that! One of the boys from my old squad once had a grenade stolen on one of these kinda missions! Might have been a funny story to laugh about later if it wasnt used against him later..."

He ensures his Patu and the Blind grenade are secure, before moving off with the rest of the squad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 16, 2018 10:35 am

Stubbs had been enjoyin' tha tram ride. It had been damn near too long since the big guy been usin' any form o' public transpo. He cudd remembah tha times when Barb and him be out on tha town, gettin' inta the kinda trouble tha makes ya choose tha army ova jail. And then tha kinda trouble tha gets ya put inta tha brig...then a penal regiment.

Feth, so many goddamn good memories.

The big man tears up, reachin' up to wipe dem away as the thoughts fade.

+++++

Soon nuf, they step out and the big man sees tha lil ones. He searches his pockets fuh any little thrones he cud be givin'. He probably didn't damn well have any, but any small change he be havin', the big man tosses down to the kiddos with a smile.

He'd been thur. And he knew what it be like.

No way ta live.

"So where we be headin' Artur? Shoot, I be gettin' loster than a blind man trippin'..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 pm

The tram was acceptable. It served its purpose, but Rook couldn't help try to discern its working faults as they clattered down the tramway. As they left the platform he heard the sound he had yearned for for so long, traders... His eyes were ablaze with desire. They had finally made it to the place where anything could be found, and he would find what he was looking for. He kept a tight hold on his belongings as Bazin suggested. Losing something here would set his stockpile back and hurt his chances of attaining new treasures

Rook made a loud hissing sound at the children as the group approached the entrance. You! come here! he said sternly. Children like these usually knew the markets better than anyone and could help direct them, or him, to what they were looking for. He looked down at the group of children with a hard face, This man is going to ask you some questions and I want you to answer them, understand? He said pointing to Artur. Jacjonson was looking over his shoulder at the children as if contemplating whether to bite them or not.

Last edited by Hydrako on Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 16, 2018 4:57 pm

One of the doe-eyed children, a boy in oil stained pants and an equally dirty shirt, pointed to himself and looked to his friends. They had all averted their stares leaving him to walk up to the intimidating tech priest. He held a small hat in both hands and blinked multiple times, staring at the motley group curiously.

"W-what man, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 pm

"That's a remarkable coincidence Neo. When I first met your dad he stole all the sperm I had. And then later used it against me too. Blew up in my face if you will"

Almost simultaneously both Rattlings had rubbed their hands as they emerged from the tram. There were sights, there were smells, so much to experience and too little time to take it all in. And what's more they were civilians. The two hadn't touched eyes on anyone without a military background in years. There would be opportunities here.

"Ugly shaved little things."
"There about the same height as us."
"That's why we can't trust them. They havn't grown tall enough to have their brains fuddled. Strip us faster than Neo's dad when he's blowing the horn"
"Is Rooky boiling water or something?"
"I don't believe it, he see's the oil on his pants and he gets hungry. Dirty bastard"

Ruaidhri had turned and was scanning their environment while Uallachan continued to look at Rook and the child.
"If he offers you any sweeties, I'd run. Kidnapped us as young 'uns and see how we turned out"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Thu May 17, 2018 12:37 am

"not me child, HIM!" Rook hissed. He made sure to wave his arm at Artur. "Answer well, or I'll give you something to cry about." in Rook's experience on the camp follower ships, you had to use a Stern hand with the urchins and beggars to get anything of use out of them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Thu May 17, 2018 12:53 am

"Please don't hurt me, sir!" The boy cried out. A few of the passersby gave the child and Rook a hard look.

The urchin then backed up a few paces and looked at Artur, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Thu May 17, 2018 1:08 am

Artur threw a look at Rook that could skewer, so much for low key, he would need to explain to the tech adept about not drawing attention.

"Feth me ki', nayones goin' t' 'urt ye. All we need is tae fin' is somewhere we can gi' a drin' and maybe some info, yes knoe o' a place 'ike 'at?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 am

The kid blinked a few more times, rubbing a free hand through his mess of blonde hair.

"Oh, oh... well... you mean a big boy and girl place for doin' stuff n' things little'uns can't do? I know of a few places like that..."

His big doe eyes looked left and right and then left again and he gestured Artur come close so he could whisper in his ear.

Only Artur Hears This:

He leaned back from Artur, having told his secret, and blinked thrice more. A slight, innocent smile played on his face.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

Stubbs was bout to get hisself on to askin' Artur summin', but then the techy boy had ta go an feth thangs up a lil. But shoot, when you mostly metal, you tend ta lose tha' since of feelin's and bein' human.

He lets out a big 'ol sigh and puts a big meaty hand on Rooky's shoulduh.

"Rooky boy, there be no need ta be gettin' upset and tha like. They's jus' hungry and such, lookin' fuh sum grub. Feth me, I been on that end mo times than I can count like...so leave dem lil' ones alone now. Or shoot, least don' go scarin' them with you stuff..."

He looks ova at Jacjohnson, slitherin' around and shivahs a little.

"Artur, shoot man, give 'em a lil summin' summin' so they's got that motivation ta get us somewhere. Sho nuff they could be givin' us betta directions with greased pockets."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Artur frowned, why was this kid rhyming at him, this is why he hated civilian life - in the guard the enemy was whp was shooting at you and you shot back - simple.

He looked at the kid and shook his head

"Seris' ki' ye 'hink I don' kno' anyhin'. Ye ge' paid a'ter ye sho' us were t' go - simple as 'at."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 20, 2018 7:46 pm

The child's innocent eyes went hard for the first time. He still whispered, but now he wore the look of a child whose parent told them they couldn't play Purge the Heretics for the eighth time at the local fair.

"What'cha take us for? Tiny idiots? Ork babies? You think we survive because we give things away willy nilly? Good luck then, ya big butthead."

He visibly pouted, as though on the verge of tears but was far too proud to let them fall.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 pm

You dare try to extort us you vile little creature? Rook's voice was a sinister whisper. He began to shake with rage, but no further words escaped his throat. This was not how he had dealt with street urchins in the past. He was usually able to get his way when it came to deals...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon May 21, 2018 9:00 pm

One little girl from the main group who has been quiet up until this point suddenly wheels and turns on Rook.

"Shut up, you stupid grill face, doody head! You probably poop your pants!"

A smaller girl behind her nods savagely. Burn.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 pm

While the bastards had all stopped to converse with the urchins, the rest of the moving out from the tram had not and were moving around them. Through the various shifting bodies Ruaidhri spotted one urchin taking care not to be seen. The child was relatively tall and skinny, his blond hair long on one side and shaved to the scalp on the other. He had a bright red scarf around his neck, above a dirty white vest, black shorts and knee guards. Instead of a right arm, he had what looked like a crude gun of some kind crafted to his shoulder. As Ruaidhri watched him, the child's intent was clear- he was positioning himself directly behind Rook. It was definitely possible that the weapon was a fake of some kind, but the Rattling couldn't take that risk.

Lifting a fold of his cloak with his left arm, he stretched it out and turned to face the boy. In his right hand he was holding the heavy laspistol, and he was using the cloak to shield this from all those bar the boy.
"Blondie. I wouldn't try it."
He jerked his head back towards the rest of the group.
"Go back to your friends."

Uallachan was looking on the discussion between Artur, Rook and the boy and was unaware of what was going on behind him.
"She's got you dead to rights Rooky. I always wondered- when you head to the bathroom, do you have to use steel wool to wipe up?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 2:29 am

The urchin behind Rook suddenly looks up and freezes and holds up both arms slowly. The "gun," it turns out is not a gun at all. It is a very poor bionic replacement with only three thick digits that act as crude fingers.

He doesn't speak. His eyes went wide at the heavy las pistol the Ratling was leveling at him. He doesn't move, even after Ruaidhri orders him to, drawing quite a bit of stares as he remains frozen, hands up.

Two groups of spacers have noticed the scene. One group of three stayed put near the base of the stairs that led to the tram while the other, a pair, moved toward the boy. They would be on him in a few moments.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 am

In the blink of an eye Ruaidhri had quickly moved the heavy las pistol back into its side holster and let the folds of his cloak drop back down to conceal it. He pointed his empty right hand at the boy, index finger straight and thumb in the air, clearly the sign of an imaginary gun and adopted a wide smile.

"Captain Heroface I presume? Now tell me, just where have you hidden the princess?"
He spoke loudly and with an obvious humour to his voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 9:03 am

Artur took a deep breath and tried not to panic - this was getting away form him quickly and he wished that Rhone was here, a quick smile and a slap or two among the squad and everything would be sorted. He nods at Nat towards the adults taking notice and she nods back and turns her head to keep them in sight.

"Righ', Bastards, if ye 'ave anyhin useful t' contribu' speak up - if ywr jus' plannin' on threatin' the childer den shu your stupid 'oles."

He turns to the kids dropping down to an almost kneel to speak to him

"Look ki' ye' bes' be shiftin' on. Me an' de' lad's 'ere been at war fer a lon' time. Dunno how t' act when someone isn' shootin' 'at em.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 am

Hydrako wrote:
You dare try to extort us you vile little creature? Rook's voice was a sinister whisper. He began to shake with rage, but no further words escaped his throat. This was not how he had dealt with street urchins in the past. He was usually able to get his way when it came to deals...

"Sounds like someone else we know." Bazin says, recalling that Rook refused to help him do a favor without trying to extort his own price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 am

Stubbs waddn't quite shuh how it be gon' dis far. He shakes his 'ead frum side ta side, suckin' in the air through his teeth.

"Well feth me boys, I jus' be wantin' ta be nice ta tha boys, supposin' since we been gettin' lucky lately ourselves...jus' wanted ta spread tha joy, nah what I mean? Couple coins was all, but feth me if it be dis much trubble, les jus' keep on keepin' on."

He surveys the ridiculous situation, continuin' ta shake his 'ead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 3:51 pm

The pair of spacers seem to notice Ruaidhri and his "gun" now and one of them even laughs as they back off and head back to their three friends at the base of the stairs.

The urchins themselves move back so that they are all together, closer inside the bazaar. The boy with the doe eyes who has been conversing with Artur this whole time sighs.

"Fine. Good luck on your own, mister. But just so you know..."

He beckons Artur closer so he can whisper at him once more.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Artur comes down closer, he isn't expecting much but after the shit show so far he would take what her could

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 4:30 pm

"You're stupid!!!"

The boy kicks Artur surprisingly hard in the shin and runs off. The rest of the children take that as their cue to run off giggling as well. No doubt they would be back. They had to beg after all.

Welcome to The Gilt Processionals?
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Artur winces and sighs again, turning he spots a small smirk on Nats face

"Laugh an' I stab ye gel."

Nat holding back a chuckle shakes her head

"Wouldn't dream of it boss - masterfully done if I do say so." Artur glares at her before turning his attention to Rook

"Malakai nex' time ye 'hink strongarmin' a buncha weeun's is a good idea - shoot y'self in t' face. So now we dun scarrin' chilren any ideas?"

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitafrong
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Ruaidhri watched as the spacers moved back to their spots and then turned back to the group, letting his cloak wrap around him again. He hadn't expected the kid to have such a strong reaction to the sight of a gun. It had almost thrown them all under the bus, but he'd got away with it. Obviously a different strategy would be needed with the folk of the station. He joined the side of Uallachan who was staring after the running kids.

"Ever think of taking on an apprentice Ru?"
"A little too skittish for my tastes."
"None of it. They pulled all our pants down and gave us a good wee spanking. Give them an hour or so and the whole station will be talking how they beat up Artur, disrespected the fuel gage that mothered Rook and embarrassed Ruaidhri into acting as an over the hill party entertainer."
"You saw that eh?"
"These eyes miss nothing. What kind of idiot needs a gun to take on a child? I'd have introduced him to 'The respector' and 'The resurrector'"
The blond Rattling held up his two fists.
"Listen carefully my friend, you can still hear the priests screams."
"Priests?"
"Its like a food chain. Nothing scares a child more than a priest. And nothing scares a priest quite like me"
"I'll be sure to remember that next time something needs done and I see you with 'The respector' deep in your pants playing with your balls."

Ruaidhri looked over at Artur and Nat.
"If I was to suggest my two throne worth sir, I'd say we should take a saunter on down here and perhaps get something small from a food vendor, or suchlike. Once we pass their hands with honest coinage we should find what we need"
"Or sir, we could take a walk and keep our peelers moist and open. Honest church mice we all are, I wager it shouldn't be too hard to find a den of ill repute. Just look for our own kind and we'll find it pretty easily."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 23, 2018 4:22 am

Wiremu had been looking around, and seemed zoned out staring at the various offers of food and other things around them.

Completely missing the interaction with the kids, his head whipped around at the mention of food.

"Food? hell yeah boys! That sounds like a plan! "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 am

Bazin and Newt watch, almost uncaring.

The hives of Armageddon were ugly and brutal places. Theyd both seen plenty of beggars get shot down and left in the street simply for annoying the wrong crowd, usually gangers or self righteous rich.

Without a word, they check and recheck their gear. they had pretty much only brougt weapons on board, but they kept themselves wary of pickpockets no less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sat May 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Stubbs shakes his head one last time as the incident be resolvin' itself.

"Feth, it be tirin' ta see shit go ta shit sumtimes. Shit man...feth it. I be hungrier than a mo'...les get on it."

Stubbs swings his 'ead frum side ta side lookin' at what the immediate vicinity offered.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 27, 2018 6:27 pm

As you move farther inside the Gilt Processionals, the push of the crowd increases while the avenues get wider. It gives the impression and odd sensation of at once getting more crowded while having more space to move around. In reality, the ebb and flow moved in bursts of space to move and coming to a dead stop when patrons stopped around a particularly popular vendor.

There were wares of every kind. Seemingly worthless trinket stands held real estate near clothing shops stocked with cloth from all over the Calixis Sector, if not the galaxy. The latter not being much of a stretch given the amount of rogue traders who use Port Wander as a staging ground for forays into the unknown Halo Stars region beyond. It’s quickly apparent that cheaper establishments are open to the avenue while more intimate, and pricey, places are buildings of their own.

Food is everywhere. From cheap rehydrated rations to actual cooked meats and vegetables to fruits both known and rare to noodles and soups and everything in between can be found.

Every couple “blocks” there are announcement boards with official WANTED notices from the Arbites and advertisements for various estsablishments. On all of them are ads for GAMMORAH 6 and the limited time dancing show they are hosting.

One such announcement board with blinking notices stands at an intersection of four restaurants. There’s “Quantum Noodle House,” “Bear’s Meat,” “Grox Shite,” and “Vega’s Vegan Veganarium.”

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   Sun May 27, 2018 10:03 pm

Artur curses silently to himself, maybe those kids could have been useful. He stared at the notices and frowned, this was different than a battlefield, for one who generally knew the vauge direction of the target. Not for the first and definatley not the last he wished Rhone was here to tell them what to do.

"A'ight, I'm pro' goin' t' regre' dis bu' we 're runnin' low on ideas."

He looked over the Bastards and sighed

"We nee' t' fin' some shady gi's an' dat Gammorah plac' seems like 't best be' I can fin' - so 'ats are destination."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)   

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (IC)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next