A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghibelline

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 9:31 pm

Logan followed Archimedes finger and works his head back to the Astartes. "That is something I would like very much."

The Shaman-Smith folded his hands behind his back. "These vaults wouldn't happen to be those of Ry'Kleth? I heard it was just a singular vault. However, it seems that you've been to one already and know of more." He waited for a response before continuing. "With these vaults I'd like to be the first in line to pick out my rewards. That's all I ask now for my employment. If you're just leading me on a path of lies and subterfuge though, Astartes, I'll let one of my creations tear you limb from limb." Logan smiled as if he'd really like to see that take place.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:33 pm

Archimedes smiled, he would not let that happen.

"Come now, its not wise to build mutual trust based on lies and deceit. If you come along with us, you may inspect the vaults with me. I give you my word."

He turns his head towards the demonforged abomination before him. Elements of scrap code fused with traditional mars-cult and made home for deamonic infestation, some had many deamons possessing different elements of the vehicle, like weapons sponsons or power coils. He wondered exactly how many called the metallic beast 'home.'

"I must ask, what exactly do you know about these vaults?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:39 pm

"Well, I thought there was just only one vault. However Ry'Kleth spreading out his wealth is hardly a surprise. It wouldn't surprise me if he started the rumor that there was only one vault. What I know is that whatever Ry'Kleth plundered he has stored away. Great treasures, powerful weaponry, and from what you said about the Baneblade, great war chariots that would make Khorne proud." He followed Archimedes eyes towards the Bronze Scorpion. "Maybe he even has some demon engines locked away... maybe he has a vault full of demons." Logan smiled at that.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 6:33 am

Archimedes shrugged.

"Its a possibility I cant deny. However, my automata associate might be able to provide you with more concrete evidence."

He let the offer hang in the air for a brief moment.
"Shall we be off then?'
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 10:08 pm

"Right this moment? Not like an Imperial world is going anywhere quickly!" Logan laughed.

He looked down the paddock at the other creators, crews, and their creations. "I have unfinished business I need to resolve first. A Ghibelline punk thought it would be bold to challenge me." He cracked his knuckles together. "After my Brass Scorpion tears his creation apart I will do the same to them."

He looked back at Archimedes. "Care to stick around to watch the slaughter or shall we reconvene at a place of your choosing when I'm finished?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 12:16 am

Silently, Archimedes nods.

He crosses his arms and awaits for the games to begin.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 10:08 pm

"I'm sure you'll enjoy the show." Logan said was a determined look on his face.

++++

Archimedes joined Logan and his entourage in a booth in the Terni Grand Arena. It's size was hard to grasp on the outside and even more so inside of it. The sound was deafening from a city sized crowd and the size of the combat grounds would of made for perfect training grounds for whole companies of soldiers. Here though it was all of the demon engines fighting one another. Not simply one of one but the whole mass of them Archimedes saw in the paddock.

It wasn't just a show for the legionnaire. Logan was proving to be a man that had no issues spilling out some knowledge and some stories for Archimedes to digest.

[Archimedes gains Forbidden Lore (Demonology) and (Occult).]

Logan soon erupted into a cheer or maybe it was a war cry. His entourage followed suit. He saw why. The Brass Scorpion had just taken down a Subjagator. That must of been the challenger.

A wicked smile spread across Logan's face. "Now it's his turn." He looked at Archimedes. "I'm sure he's trying to escape as we speak. Would you like the pleasure of capturing him, Astartes?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Archimedes felt a bit of trepidation at the sudden request.

in the end, he decides to fulfill Logan's request, giving him a curt nod.

He makes sure his bolt pistol was ready and stalks off towards the command chamber for where the opposing smith would be found. There he would pick up the trail and hunt him down.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 10:26 pm

Achimedes got the location of where the opposition would of been last seen from Logan. It was a similar booth to the one he was in. This one was higher up in the arena and its decorations more decadent. It was empty of course expect for a few slaves cleaning up a large mess. Seems someone threw a tantrum. Glass was broken all over, gold cups scattered about and their contents staining the floor, a few of the slaves bearing bruises and even cuts.

They paid Archimedes no heed and the legionnaire was free to do as he pleased in the booth.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 11:06 pm

He looks around, initially ignoring the slaves.

He knew once he lost that he was not safe. Wise move.

He made a cursory inspection of the mess in an attempt to determine his course.....

Spoiler:

He had a few ideas, but he needs more information before he acted.

He then turned his attention to the slaves, specifically, the wounded ones.
"He has a debt to pay. Tell me where he went."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:24 pm

None of the slaves spoke to Archimedes. Before he could question them further them one of them pressed something into his palm. A note.

His preferred route takes his out exit 332B. However, if he's in trouble he'll take maintenance tunnel 302F. He'll have his entourage and his two bodyguards with him. Watch out for the tunnel servitors. They don't bother him or his people for some reason but anyone else that goes into there... they never come out again.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 11:24 pm

Without preable or thanks, Archimedes leaves the servants to their menial lives.

He follows the directions, but once he arrive he moves very. catiously.

The menial may have been eager to see a tormenting master receive his just reward, but Archimedes was of a more.....suspicious nature. He didnt trust the note in the slightest.

He expected traps, or an ambush here.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Archimedes was more than cautious. He was full blown paranoid and it paid off. There was no trap or ambush as he scouted out the tunnel but the slave was right about the security servitors. They were all over the place and he knew the type. Murder servitors. The tunnel was seeded with them and it would be a pure slog to get through them to the target.

The legionnaire knew that he'd need an alternate path and he saw it. A catwalk about 18 feet above in the tunnel. He made his way up and sneaked his way across it bypassing the servitors below him. He then came across his quarry.

A small group. Eight in total moving through the murder servitors without issue. Five entourage members dressed up to the nines in colors that assaulted the eyes. Two bodyguards who were only clad in tight fitting leather. Then the target clad in a mixture of flowing cloth, leather, bare skin, and an ornate head dress sporting all kinds of colorful feathers.

[They have not spotted Archimedes so he can either gather more info on this group of he can jump straight into going after them. If wanting to jump straight into combat Archimedes has surprise.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 2:39 pm

Spoiler:

Archimedes knew that this might not be so easy.

Therefore, it was imperative that he had all availible information that he could muster before he attacked. Knowing where to hit was even more important that what he was hitting with.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 10:30 pm

Archimedes stalked from above learning all he could from his eyes and his countless years of knowledge.

His target wasn't as unarmored as they first appeared. They wore two necklaces that concealed what they really were. The first was a refractor field. The other looked like the gem that he had collected from Ryborn's safe, a beguiling gem [Tome of Excess pg.39]. In their hands they held a cane but Archimedes saw the crease indicating it was merely a sheath for a blade. Hidden deep under their garment layers was a Ghibelline Shrieking Pistol.

The two bodyguards weren't trying to hide anything unlike their ward with their skin tight suits. Across their backs were two power swords. Not just any power swords though. Eldar mirrorswords.

What really caught his eyes were their small movements. A sudden twitch in a hand. An incredibly precise head turn or reaction. Unnatural agility either granted by mutation, augmentation, or whatever foul methods. Then there was his autosenses picking up increased pheromones coming off them.

A few of the entourage were armed but their simple weaponry wouldn't be deadly to Archimedes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 12:07 am

Archimedes was in a somewhat difficult predicament. The target had a refractor field and a beguiling gem.
There was also some digital weapons as far as he could tell.
The two bodyguards had eldar mirrorwords. A strange xenos weapon, but deadly. They were also deadly with a hint of possible alluring combat drugs or some other such means of detent.

Still, he couldn't let the target get away. He had to fight now or forever hold his piece. He pulls a frag grenade. His biggest advantage was the fact that he was on a catwalk, but that would also hold him back as well.

He hurls the frag grenade towards the group with one hand and holds his bolter in the other, already spitting mass reactives.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 9:52 pm

The grenade descended down with a small whistle of air as it meet some air resistance. One of the bodyguards picked up on it but it was too late. The blast and shrapnel in the confined space was devastating. The entourage was completely pulped by the shrapnel.

Bodyguards:

Grand Duke:

The cloud of dust and debris it kicked up made it hard to get an assessment on his target as Archimedes rained down bolt rounds just to be extra sure. Tiny explosions flashed within the cloud like some artillery battery firing in the night. Finally the dust settled. The assassination was quick and brutal. Over and done with in a matter of seconds. Body parts and gore covered the hall with nothing left standing.

Archimedes autosenses picked up the sound of multiple footsteps making their way to him. Probably the patrolling murder servitors of this service tunnel. It seemed like a good time to leave.

[How does Archimedes want to escape? Stealth it out, make a run for it, or something else?]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 12:12 am

Archimedes makes sure he had proof of the carnage in his Mk IV suit's autosenses. It was a standard suite required on all covert operators in the great crusade. They had served Archimedes well yet again.

As much as he would like to scavenge among the human debris plastered over the room, now was the time to avoid an engagement.

He stalks back in the shadows towards Logan with his report.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 1:31 am

Athletics:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 11:20 pm

It was a run to the nearest exit with murder servitors swarming in from every direction. Archimedes found a hatch that was designed for a human physique but he was able to stuff his powered armored self through. He was sure no one else or the murder servitors spotted him. In a matter of minutes Archimedes conducted a quick and clean assassination that would make any Alpha Legionnaire proud.

[450 XP]

++++

It also made Logan Goldhand proud when Archimedes showed him the footage.

"Bastard never saw it coming. Not my style but you sure do get the job done..." Logan searched for a name that Archimedes never gave him. "What do they call you, Astartes?

Once answered or not Logan and his band packed up shop. Sadly the Brass Scorpion did not come out as the winner of the battle. It came in 2nd place. Logan didn't seem too displeased and quickly went about getting it mobile.

Now it was time to launch off into the void or possibly wrap up some last bits of business here on Ghibelline.

[Can move on or Archimedes can stay to pursue some other options that could aid him.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 2:25 am

"I have many names and tittles. I currently go by the name legion." He says without further explanation on the subject.

"I shall return to the ship and tell the crew to prepare. Do you require servants to carry any gear? cogitation machines or bulky equipment?"

He then returns to the ship.
"Iontine, I have secured the services you requested. Once the heterk-shaman is aboard we can now proceed."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Logan Goldhand was aboard with his bodyguard and the Brass Scorpion. Room had to be made in the hanger for it which meant some of the voidcraft having to be sold off. Both the Vultures and the half squad of Fury interceptors were the unfortunate removals but the might of the Brass Scorpion more than made up for those vehicles.

The Holy Curse rumbled to life and climbed through Ghibelline's atmosphere before transiting into the void and then warp. Their next stop was the 13th Station of Passage.

[Continued in Sepherus Secundus (Calixis Sector).]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghibelline
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Vortex - Black Crusade Sandbox (Game Thread)-
Jump to: