A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghibelline

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Archimedes was puzzled, what did the spy master want him to do.

"And what exactly do you want me to do? It sounds like the psyker is the source of your concern. With such a skilled and violent crew, convincing them to kill him doesn't sound too hard....."
He paused for dramatic effect, focusing on a weakness he sensed.

"Unless of course, you now lack those loyal to you who can get close?"

"Loyalty is hard for me to come by nowadays. With Levantine insulating himself and pushing out the others of the inner counsel it's getting hard to find any loyalty from the crew. Frederick comes first for them. However, you're the outsider. No loyalty to anyone on this ship. One who can get close to Levantine and put him down for good." The figure moves towards the exit, "With Levantine removed I'll have the ear of captain again. Which I can see as being beneficial for you one way or another. That and I deal in information. Traveling the vortex has let me listen in and hear a lot." He turns around, "Do as you please though. If you want to talk further," he tosses Archimedes a piece of chalk, "Mark your door with a circle. I'll find you."

Last edited by Solodice on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 2:35 am

He nodded slowly, taking in all that was asked.

"And how do you want me to remove him? It would be easy enough to kill him, but wouldn't that put suspicion on everyone? more so myself? How do you intend to handle it after that?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 9:23 pm

"Levantine is an accomplished psyker, Astartes. I wouldn't overlook him. As for making sure no one suspects you... well, accidents do happen on this ship from time to time. A bad airlock cycle to a piece of loose machinery. You never know." The figure starts to leave, "Or wait till Ni'iktu. If Frederick wants to accompany you Levantine will be right alongside him. I hear that Ni'iktu's jungle is quite dangerous."

With that the figure leaves Archimedes to his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 12:15 am

Archimedes nods as the spymaster leaves, already formulating a myriad of plans....

Waiting until Ni-iktu sounded the best to him. It would be easier and easier to cover up his death there.

Now it was time to formulate just how to kill him once they were planet side.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 pm

From Archimedes suits chrono it's only been a couple days of travel until he feels the ship leave the warp. That's when one of Frederick's pirates enters the pens and tells the Astartes to follow him to the hanger.

=======================================================================

The Holy Curse's hanger is an odd hodgepodge assortment of voidcraft. There's a half a squadron of "liberated" Fury interceptors, four Valkyries, two Vulture gunships, and four Caestus Assault Rams. Archimedes spots the crown jewel, the Storm-Eagle. He counts around 17 figures moving near the front hatch.

There is Frederick, protected by a light carapace suit, and armed with a plasma pistol and power sword, the Sorcerer Levantine, armed with a force sword and bolt pistol, and some other notable figures:

- A massive man armed with a backpack fed autocannon. He handles the weapon as if it were a rifle to him.

- A bald man with black mirrored goggles and armed with a heavy flamer with extra fuel strapped to his back.

- Another Astartes. His armor is made up of all different marks and colors. His hands rest on the hilt of his Chain Greatsword. There's also enough grenades strapped to his combat webbing that he even gives Archimedes a run for "who can carry the most grenades".

- Lastly a women in full carapace armor, save her head, with all sorts of markings and grizzly trophies marking it. A bolter is strapped to her chest and a power mace clipped to her belt.

She marches up and down in front of the other pirates as they prepare their gear (assault shotguns, flamers, lasguns, and grenade launchers).

"Double, triple, and quadruple check your gear. we don't know how long we'll be down in that jungle. Rumors is it's pretty damn nasty." One of the pirates looks at her "Sarge," then nods towards Archimedes being led up to them.

Sarge smirks at the Alpha Legionnaire strolling up to her, "Ah, my nameless Astartes. You do have one right?"

After Archimedes answer, "Well, I hope you don't mind taking point. That's where Frederick wants you."

Frederick looks and spots Archimedes and then looks at Sarge, "Let's pack it up and roll, Sarge!"

Sarge nods her head, "You heard the boss! Mount up!"

==================================================

Archimedes settles into the Storm-Eagle. It's been ages since you've flown in one but you feel right at home in the passenger compartment.

The Astartes with the Chain Greatsword takes the seat across from you and Sarge takes the seat to you right.

"Don't mind, Wyk. He doesn't have a lot to say... like yourself. You two should get along just fine." She laughs as the front ramp shuts closed.

Wyk just looks straight ahead at Archimedes. His green lenses meeting yours.

[Post any last responses here before you jump over to the Ni'iktu thread.]

[Continued in the Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) thread.]

Last edited by Solodice on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 pm

He was caught off guard by many things going on here. The first was the other astartes in the employ of Frederick.
The second was that he took orders, not from the captain, but this grizzled female.

"My name? Call me Legion if you must call me anything." he tells her. He kept his eye on the astartes the whole while.

Was he loyal? how would he react to the death of the Levantine? What legion didhe hail from? Or was he just another vagrant 'renegade'.....
....that the traitors to their own chapter dignified themselves with such a name left a sour taste in his mouth.

"Wyk eh?" he replies,

"And what is your name? My slannesh-blessed daemonette?" he asked the sarge lady in a charming way. It was the most emotion he had shown in days.

charm test:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:49 pm

"It's just Sarge to you like it is everyone else, hot shot."

[She's cold hearted anyways Razz]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:35 pm

He chuckles at her cold shoulder, "Have it your way sarge."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 pm

[Continued from Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax).]

The Holy Curse descended with the grace of a rock to the starport of Mantua but it made it there in one piece.

The Alpha Legionnaire's boots graced the ground of Ghibelline once again. The crew of the Holy Curse had begun to offload pieces of cargo by the orders of Redbeard to appear as if everything was normal from the ship.

The air stunk of humans and engine fumes. The the starport was busier then he last saw it. More slaves, more Ghibellines, and many more outsiders. Something was going on that was for sure.

There was no welcoming party or any messenger for Archimedes. However, as Cashmere said Ryborn had eyes everywhere and by now someone must have seen the Alpha Legionnaire.

[Where would you like to go from here? Achimedes knows where Ryborn lives in Mantua... where he first meet him.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 10:57 am

Archimedes had been assured by Cashmere that there would be no seeds of rebellion here to sow.

It was news disheartening for a man who had spent countless number of years doing so. With nothing left to do, He makes sure his "rewards" looked like they were catiously strapped to his person. They would appear to be of special import as he wanted them to be.

Without any other preamble, he starts off towards his ultimate goal, Ryborn's mansion.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 9:46 pm

As Archimedes worked his way to Ryborn's mansion he could see that some kind of festival was being prepared for. It was on a city wide scale and everyone seemed to be looking forward to it. The influx of outsiders (Talax, some Warpsmiths, and hereteks from The Hollows and smithy asteroids of the Ragged Helix) gave it a much more important feel. Something that must be taking place planet wide and it was something big.

Arriving at Ryborn's mansion outside the urban center Archimedes immediately spots upgraded security and more guards. Seems his last visit caused the noble to double down.

There was always sneaking in but Archimedes could also go through the front gate or maybe there was a rear entrance?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 11:41 am

Archimedes strolls up to the front gate, brazen, but sometimes necessary.

He eyed the security warily. It had been upgraded since he had been here last, but it was only a minor nuisance-he was exoected after all.

He looks up at the looming mansion before him, he would know that he was being scrutinized closely.
"I belive Im expected." he announces to the hidden security devices, awaiting for the gates to open.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 7:41 pm

"You are indeed." A voice said as the gates opened up.

Archimedes strolled through the courtyard as four men equipped head to toe in some sort of mirrored armor approached in formation. Light bounced off their armor and refracted into blinding flares and god rays. Archimedes' optical sensors in his helmet had a hard time dimming and counteracting them and at times flooded them entirely and caused them to cut out for a few seconds.

"The esteemed Ryborn is pleased that you have returned unharmed from your travels, Astartes." The lead Mirror Soldier said. "At this time the Libertine Council member is indisposed. Would you like to wait, return, or leave a message?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 10:34 pm

He raised an eyebrow underneath his helmet.
"I have nowhere else to be. I will wait." he said. He didnt like the idea of letting a possible ambush set up around him, but leaving might cause suspicion.

"Do you have any idea how long they will be occupied? Is there....trouble?" he hoped, but didnt place any bets on it.

As he waits for the answer, he inspects the mirrored armor these individuals possessed.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 5:53 pm

"You can wait in the main foyer or out here in the courtyard. Your choice." The Mirror Soldier instructed.

"I do not know how long Ryborn will be gone. I suspect he'll be back at the end of the day at the latest. There's no trouble. He's just a very powerful and busy man."

All of this sounded plausible but Archimedes could not shake off the sense that something was afoot from the council member.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 am

If he is indisposed, I will simply take this request with me to my next endeavor. I am also busy, but I am no man. Should he wish to retrieve them, he can find me with my brothers on the battlefield in our next campaign."

He turns to leave, hoping the bluff would provoke a response from the mirror soldiers, for good or ill.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 9:43 pm

The front gate closes and locks in front of Archimedes.

"Ryborn would not like that." The Mirror Soldiers said in unison as they move in around Archimedes with hands on their weapons.

"You are going to stay whether you like it or not." The leader barked.

"Give us the excuse though and we will put you down." Another said.

"Oh, I would really like to add an Astartes to my tally." A Mirror Soldier said slyly.

His bluff sure did get a reaction from the Mirror Soldiers. They dropped their respectful facade and revealed they were here for more violent reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Without waiting for more preamble, he turns around and launches into attack.

First he raised his bolter and took a quick aim at the one who spoke of adding an astartes to his tally.
As quickly as he was confident of his aim, he fired a single shot into him.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 8:08 pm

[It's also a -20% due to the mirror armor but even then Archimedes is going to hit.]

Archimedes in a practiced motion he's done thousands of time swept his bolter up, took aim, and squeezed the trigger, all under a second if anyone was counting. The round punched through the mirror soldier's chest plate and in true bolt fashion detonated within the target. The micro explosion tore the mans torso open. In the course of less then a second the man was now dead.

[1 mirror soldier down. 3 to go.]

Mirror Soldiers:

The three remaining mirror soldiers spring into action. Collapsible shields spring out from their right forearm guards and telescoping power spears spring forth. The mirrored shields seemed to intensify the already near blinding effects of the mirror armor.

[BS Attacks at the Mirror Guards is now a -30%. WS attacks are only -10%.]

The three then move into melee range with Archimedes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 12:30 am

Spoiler:

In a calm, practiced motion, he pulls the power knife from its sheath in his right hand in an underhanded grip. Still keeping the bolter in the left hand.
The tallies end here." Archimedes quips in response to the armed warrior he just killed. He picks one, the one who looked like he would attack next, and sizes him up. He only had but a heartbeat before he would attack, Archimedes would not give him the opportunity. He lunges forward with the legion power knife in hand. The grip was familiar, in the back of his mind he wonders when the last time he had such a weapon was?

Spoiler:

It was obvious as the attack flounders that he was out of practice in the close combat field of battle. He would have to rectify that.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 9:55 pm

[Fear won't do anything to these guys as they have fearless.]

Mirror Soldiers:

The mirror soldiers were a little jumpy as two of them miss their mark. The third does land a solid hit on Archimedes. It was just right in the thickest part of his armor, the chest.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 am

Spoiler:

Archimedes tried to avoid the power spears. He was successful against two, but the third finds its mark, scraping against his chest plate. His HUD, faded as it was from its extended use, beeps with the warning of damage. He ignores it and fights back.

Spoiler:

The power knife slides along the length of the power spear that had just scratched his plate, sparks from the effort following the trail - all the way until the power fields collide.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Mirror Soldiers:

Another coordinated attack from the mirror soldiers is launched at Archimedes. Again, two misses and one hit. It seems the coordination wasn't being executed all that well. Archimedes can see the mirror soldiers are starting to become frustrated with their lack of solid or any hits on the hulking Astartes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 pm

Spoiler:

The power spear digs deep, drawing blood from cracked ceremite. Archimedes hisses in through his teeth. It had been well over 100 years since he felt such a bee sting.
"you will regret that." he says as he sticks the point of the power knife right at the eye of the mirror soldier.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 9:11 pm

It wasn't a stab as much as it was a punch as the power knife cuts through the mirror soldiers faceplate followed by an armored fist that shattered it. The combo tore through the man's head ripping a good chunk of it away. The body staggered for a few steps as the nervous system fired its last series of useless commands before giving out for good.

The two unfazed mirror soldiers moved into attack before stopping as a voice called out from the front of the mansion. "Enough! I've seen enough."

It was Ryborn flanked by two other mirror soldiers. "I think you've made your point clear, Astartes. No need to shed any more blood here."

Ryborn snapped his fingers and the two aggressor mirror soldiers silently made their way to Ryborn like the good hounds they were. "I take it you have news for me from Ni'iktu? Did you find the vault?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 pm

He removes the bloody hand and knife from the dropping body, but neither holsters his weapon or drops his guard.

"I did." he said flatly

"This is what I believe you wanted?" he said, motioning to the fake orb on his thigh with the knife.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Ryborn's face was flat and emotionless. "I don't know what I wanted or know what you'd come back with. Ry'Kleth never really had a list I could choose from."

[Give me a Scrutiny -20.]

The council member's eyes did trace over the orb though. "I'm sure you used your best judgement when bringing this object back. You will be well rewarded for your work, Astartes." Ryborn looked around Archimedes and stood on his toes to try and see over him. "I fail to see my agent, Cashmere. What happened to her?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Spoiler:

He gives a shrug, "there was also a baneblade class tank. I didn't think I was able to carry it here."

He nods his head when the orb and compensation is brought up.

About Cashmere, he says "About Cashmere.....I found her, but she was dead. There was another interested party in the vault it seems. I disposed of them by scuttling the tank with them aboard."
To sell his newest subterfuge, he asks a question, "There was 5 of them, four humans with high-power lasguns and a sorcerous astartes in red. Do you know anything about them? I have an urge to repay their master in kind for the misdeeds inflicted on me by his servants."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 pm

Scrutiny:

Ryborn frowned at the mention of Cashmere's death. "That's quite unfortunate. She was a good agent. Did you bring any of her belongs back?" Ryborn was probing Archimedes it seemed to see if he was telling the truth. "As for her killers... no they don't sound familiar. There are lots of treasure hunters out in the Vortex. Many know of Ry'Kleth and his famed treasure so it's no surprise you could of ran into others."

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 12:56 am

"Only this." he says as he tosses Cashmere's coin from a pouch to the ground at Ryborns feet.

Archimedes knew this charade was winding down, the time to return to action winding up.

"Im curious, how did you knew about these two items, what do they do?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Ryborn picks up the coin and turned it over in his hand before pocketing it. He seemed satisfied and content and it looked like Cashmere was right in using it as a rue to throw him off.

The council member was taken back by Archimedes question. "What gave you the impression I knew about them at all? As I said Ry'Kleth never kept a list. However, he kept many powerful and important things in his vaults. Why keep it in a vault if it wasn't? So, if I didn't know what you were bring back, how would I know what they did?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 11:14 pm

"I heard what you said." he replies matter-of-factly, "but I'm more interested in the truth. You spent considerable resources not just in sending your prior agent to her death, but requesting the aid of an astartes and sending a second ship. These are not small expenditures. It stands to reason you had some inkling of what you would find. What is it? A log book? Manifesto? ancient trade documents?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Ryborn lost his patient mask he'd been wearing. "Nothing gets past you does it? Fine. The book you hold is what I wanted. It's much more then a log book, manifesto, or ancient trade documents. It's power. A great warlord long lost to history terrorized the edge of colonized space with that book, a Champion of Khorne used it in the days after the Horus Heresy to guide his murderous hand across the stars, and then by whatever twisted reason Ry'Kleth came upon it. In his hoarding nature the man just hide it away instead of using it. His mistake."

[Give me an Perception -30.]

"Now, I ask for it from you. The reward will be great for such an item." Ryborn smiled. "Or do we have to resort to barbaric shows of force?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 10:50 pm

Spoiler:

Archimedes wasnt uninterested in the history of the item, but in the long run, it mattered little.

He removes the book from from its place upon his belt and looked the fake over for a second, as it he was hesitant to lose it. He then holds it in an outstretched hand.
"Its not the book that Im interested in. Just your knowledge of its location?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 8:48 pm

"Well, let's just say that Ry'Kleth might of left a journal or two behind with clues to where his vaults might be."

Ryborn snapped his fingers. Two mirror soldiers moved to retrieve the book from Archimedes and one of them took it from his outstretched hands.

"Astartes, I look forward to working with you some more. However, your free wheeling nature makes me nervous and by reputation I know those of the Alpha Legion are not swayed by treasure. I need absolute loyalty." Ryborn paused for dramatic effect. "Can you give that to me?"

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Free-wheeling? Archimedes thinks.
In any case, he was surprised he wasn't getting a knife in the back. At least not yet.....

"My loyalty, as you put it, is only to my primarch and the legion. Our goals in this case simply were aligned. But, I'll listen to any purposal you have for further cooperation."

He awauts whatever bomb Rykleth was about to drop on him.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 10:12 pm

"Not good enough, Astartes. I'm not looking for a partner. I'm looking for a servant. Thanks for the book." Ryborn said as he stepped back and his mirror soldiers enveloped him.

Death Cult Assassin:

Out of nowhere a figure darts by Archimedes and something clicks off his armor. It didn't do any damage or even puncture the armor. Whatever the figure was though it was coming back for a follow up attack. Wait, was it a figure or four of them? They keep flickering in an out. The autosenses even had a hard time picking up what was real and fake. Whatever weapon was in their hand disappeared when moved at a certain angle.

[Give me an Int -10% to identify this assassin's weapon.]

[All attacks are a -10% on the Death Cult Assassin.]

[Roll for initiative!]

Death Cult Assassin:
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 9:50 pm

INT Results:

The assassin closed in as Ryborn, with his guards, disappeared into his mansion.

Death Cult Assassin:

The follow up attack was unsuccessful as well glancing harmlessly off the Alpha Legionnaire's armored left leg.

Last edited by Solodice on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 am

Spoiler:

Archimedes was near instant with his counterattack. The death cult assassin would not get another chance....
He drops the bolter, and instead reaches for the nueral whip at his hip. He needed a weapon that the assassin would have trouble avoiding and also stopping him where he stood.
He slings the whip out in a snaking motion towards the assassin, the neural field's crack was almost as loud as the whip's snap....almost.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Death Cult Assassin:

The assassin flipped over the snapping end of the whip with incredible precision and grace.

Death Cult Assassin:

The follow up attack wasn't do with the same precision and grace though. It was sloppy. Sloppy enough the assassin actually lost there grip on the membrane dagger and it landed down between the two of them. The assassin looked at Archimedes, the dagger, then back at him as if deciding what to do.

[The assassin now doesn't have a weapon unless they want to pick the one up they just lost. I'll say for a half action and Agility +0% roll Archimedes can kick it away or take a full action and just crush it under his boot if he wants.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 am

Archimedes wasn't about to let this pitiful assassin have his way.

He moves towards the dangerous weapon, racing the assassin.
He made it first.

He raises his armored boot, and crushes it underfoot like a cheap bottle of amasec.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 7:53 pm

The assassin froze as the membrane dagger was crushed under Archimedes boot. The Alpha Legionnaire could see the cogs turning in their head on what to do. The primary thought was most likely to run. He was right. The assassin tried to escape bolting right past him before Archimedes had a chance to react.

[Archimedes choice on what to do here. The Death Cult assassin has made a Disengage action and a half move (6 meters) away from him.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 12:46 am

Archimedes could see that the assassin saw reason. There was no need to continue the fight if they had no stomach for it. Some assassins were not his quarry anyway, it was Rykleth.

"Your contractor will be dead shortly. Do not try to complete the mission and you will survive." he tells the assassin as they try, without his intervention, to escape.

He moves with haste to retrieve the bolter. Once it was secure in his hands, he moves the melee weapons back to where they could be used in a timely manner.
With that done, he charges full speed at the door, planning to demolish it before any heavy locks could be secured.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Archimedes bulk and strength were immense but the solid construction of these double doors rebuked his attempt to smash through them.

[It was a Strength +0 to bash the door down.]

Heavy automatic locks can be heard slamming into place. Heavy metal shutters slammed down over all the windows. The mansion was now a heavily fortified fortress. Everything was quiet. No jests from Ryborn though a vox speaker or any automated weaponry being activated if there was any. Just silence.

Archimedes was sure Ryborn was watching him from some vid monitor waiting to see his next move.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 8:32 pm

He sighs with annoyance. He didnt want to have to do this, but he had little options left.

He removes the melta bomb from its perch and primes it. The door could not possibly withstand a device meant for breaching fortress walls.

With the charge primed, he back up, with his bolter ready in a firm, two handed grip.

The weapon explodes, and not giving more than a half second pause, he rushes into the breach...
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 pm

Once more into the breach.

Archimedes came racing out of a cloud of dust and caught four... no, one of the mirror soldiers was lying on the ground not moving, the other three were dazed from the detonation. Their heavily polished armor was dirtied and non effective now.

[No penalties for attacking these mirror soldiers. Archimedes also gets a surprise round here. You're in point blank range here essentially. Roll initiative at the end of this surprise round.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Archimedes first moves to the nearest one, pulling the power blade from its sheath as he went in for another quick kill.

Spoiler:

The underhand grip plunged the power blade deep into the stunned fighter's chest. If he survived, he would be sorely incapacitated......

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 9:56 pm

Archimedes drove the power blade into the nearest mirror soldier. He hit something vital as the soldier slumped down over Archimedes arm before he pulled away.

Mirror Soldiers:

The last two got their bearing and realized what was happening. They deployed their shields and locked them together before moving in.

Mirror Soldiers:

The two were overly cautious with their attacks and didn't land any threatening blows on Archimedes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 11:24 pm

Since his knife was in the right hand, Archimedes would attack the mirror soldier on the right. He swings the blade in an arc straight from the gut of its previous occupant towards the most unfortunate man.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghibelline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghibelline   Ghibelline Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghibelline
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Vortex - Black Crusade Sandbox (Game Thread)-
Jump to: