A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant Empty
PostSubject: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuHJOG6aujj8wJbM2KUABmdUo11uc7HF6iEZ-dtKUDZ9G96L8I
Zar in his Harness of Rage (minus the sword)

Name: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant
Race: Human
Archtype: Renegade
Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Vengeance
Alignment: Khorne

WS: 63**
BS: 39
S: 52** [+8]
T: 42 [+5]
Ag: 48**
Int: 22
Per: 29
WP: 47* [+5]
Fel: 28
Inf: 54

Stat Modifiers:

Movement: Half: 4, Full: 8, Charge: 12, Run: 24
Initiative: +7
Wounds: 10/19
Corruption Points: 46
Special Abilities: Adroit - WS (+1 DoS on successful roll), The Quick And The Dead (+2 Initiative)

Disorders
- Blind Hatred, Psykers []

Gifts of Khorne
- Mark of Khorne [Resistance Psi, Unnatural Str (+2), Brutal Charge (+1)]
- Face of Khorne [Fear (2), Peer - Mortal followers of Khorne]
- Vampiric Addiction, Blood [In any session in which the character partakes of this substance, +1 Infamy Points for the remainder of the session. If he does not partake  by the end of the session, permanently loses 1 Toughness.]

Skill Modifiers:

Skills
Athletics +10
Awareness
Command
Common Lore
- War
- Imperial Guard
Dodge
Intimidate
Linguistics
- Low Gothic
Operate
- Surface
Parry +10
Scholastic Lore
- Tactica Imperialis
Survival
Tech Use
Trade
- Armourer

Talents

Ambidextrous [no penalty for using offhand, -10 for both weapons if used with two weapon wielder]
Battle Rage [can parry while frenzied and also reroll to snap out of frenzy]
Berserk Charge [+30 WS on a charge]
Blademaster [reroll one missed attack per round]
Blood Gods Contempt [1 hour ritual & spend 1 Inf. Whenever the character is the subject of the effects of a psychic power, daemonic power or other warp based power, he may make a Willpower Test (make this test before any tests he would normally be permitted to resist the effects of the power). If the Willpower test is passed the character is unaffected by the psychic power. If the test is failed then the psychic power affects him as normal and he becomes Frenzied in addition to any other effects (see page 124)]
Catfall [reduces the distance of all falls by a number of metres equal to his Agility Bonus, ignoring this distance as if it did not exist. In addition the character adds +20 to his Acrobatics Skill Tests when using the Jump Special Skill Use as it pertains to reducing Damage from falling.]
Cold Hearted [ degree. Seduction attempts against him automatically fail, and he gains a +20 to his Willpower when making Opposed Tests against an opponent using the Charm Skill.]
Counter Attack [on a successful parry may have one free attack at -20]
Crushing Blow [Add half WS Bonus to damage inflicted in melee]
Die Hard [if suffering from blood loss, may roll twice to avoid death.]
Disarm [Full Action to disarm his foe by making an Opposed Weapon Skill Test. If the character wins the test, the enemy drops his weapon at his feet. Should the character obtain three or more Degrees of Success, he may take the enemy’s weapon from him.]
Disturbing Voice
Fearless [immune to the effects of Fear and Pinning, but disengaging from combat or backing down from a fi ght is diffi cult for him to stomach and as such requires a successful Willpower Test.]
Frenzy [Full action, +10 WS, S, T, WP and -20 BS, Int, Fel. Immune to fear, pinning, stun and fatigue. WP test to snap out of it at end of combat]
Furious Assault [If the character successfully hits his target using the All Out Attack Action, he may spend his Reaction (and thus not being able to parry or dodge until his next turn) to make an additional attack using the same bonuses or penalties as the original attack.]
Jaded
Killing Strike [When making an All Out Attack, the character may spend one Infamy Point to choose to make that melee attack unavoidable with the Parry or Dodge Skills]
Lightning Attack
Nerves of Steel [The character may reroll failed Willpower Tests to avoid or recover from Pinning. In addition is seldom impressed by the aggressive displays of his enemies and gains a +10 to Willpower Tests when resisting the effects of enemy Intimidation]
Peer- Mortal Followers of Khorne (Face of Khorne) [+10 bonus to all Fellowship Tests when interacting with this chosen group and at the GM’s discretion my call upon them for favours from time to time.]
Pity the Weak [+10 on Command, Commerce, Deception, and Intimidation Skill Tests when opposed by someone with either a Strength or Willpower Characteristic lower than themselves. Unfortunately, the character also has trouble hiding his contempt from such people and suffers a –10 to Charm Skill Tests when dealing the same people.]
Quick Draw [free action to draw a pistol, basic or one handed melee weapon]
Rapid Reload [halves all reload times, rounding down.]
Resistance - Psychic Powers (Mark of Khorne) [+10 vs psi powers]
Resistance - Heat (Charred Hide) [+10 vs heat]
Sound Constitution II
Step Aside
Street Fighting
Swift Attack (Crimson Gaunlets)
Two Weapon Wielder [-10 with both hands with ambidextrous]
Unarmed Warrior (Crimson Gaunlets)
Unarmed Master (Crimson Gaunlets)
Weapon Training
- Bolt
- Chain
- Las
- Power
- Primary
- SP
- SP Heavy Weapon

Traits
Brutal Charge (2)
Deadly Natural Weapon: Crimson Gaunlets
Unnatural Strength (3)
Fear (3)

Combat Modifiers :

Weapons
Crimson Gauntlets: Melee 1d10+14; Pen: 4; Felling (3); Tainted (4); Special: Grants +15 to Parry and arms are immune to damage, Unnatural Str (+1), Brutal Charge (+1)
Hell-Pistol
Power Axe: Melee 1d10+19*, Pen: 6; Power Field, Unbalanced, Best Quality (+10 WS, +1 Dam*)

Gear
- Medikit
- Dataslate with annotated version of Tactica Imperialis
- Skull Cup of an Eldar Wych
- Collar of Khorne (force weapons never gain their regular abilities against the wearer. can negate the powers of any psykers within 2d10 meters, causing them to take all tests to use any psychic powers with a –30 Penalty. They also offer personal protection from psychic attacks by granting a +30 bonus to resist any psychic power that directly affects him.)
- Aetherscyre Goggles [suffers no penalties for darkness, smoke or other mundane obstructions, and can perceive living creatures and warp entities through solid objects. ]

Armour
Harness of Rage - 6AP all locations (Spikes upgrade. May frenzy as a free action. Regeneration (X), x = 1 per 5 wounds caused)
Storm Shield - 4AP arm/body
Charred Hide - 4AP all locations [Fear(1), Unnatural Toughness (1), Unnatural Willpower (1), Filters out toxins and breathe underwater / space (2hrs), Resistant heat and cannot be set on fire.

XP: 0/11000  
Advancements

Spends:

Alignment Tracker - Khorne +12
Khorne - 19
Nurgle - 6
Slaanesh - 1
Tzeentch - 1

Goals
– Bounded, Follow the Crimson Sword's Instructions.
– Vault Hunter, Find the Vault of Ry'Kleth.
– Best of The Best, Challenge and defeat leaders/champions in combat around the Screaming Vortex. Skulls are to be collected afterwards.
- Kill Warlord Korick for he is a coward!

Background
Zar Tyark was once a Catachan jungle fighter. That all changed when he came across the Crimson Sword hidden in a buried temple. Most daemon weapons resist being controlled but the Crimson Sword welcomed the user. It welcomed them to use them. Zar was drawn to the blade as it whispered sweet nothings to him. Upon touching the handle the blade bounded to him. Cursed power coursed through the jungle fighter and the first whisper was for him to kill his teammates. He did so without a second thought. The rush of violence was something different. It was fun, thrilling, intoxicating.

Zar, following the instructions of the Crimson Sword, has made his way to the Screaming Vortex. The sword has instructed him to find the Vault of Ry'Kleth. As a follower of Khorne he'll claim the skulls of worthy opponents along the way.

Last edited by Carnelian on Mon May 02, 2022 4:17 pm; edited 97 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 4:28 pm

I've updated bits of equipment.

Last edited by Carnelian on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Xp expenditure...

Pity the Weak (Khorne) - 200xp
WS (Simple, Unaligned) - 250xp
Command (known, Khorne) - 100xp
Awareness (known, Unaligned) - 200xp
Killing Strike (khorne) - 300xp

1050xp

I think most of that represents what I've been doing (failing at awareness a lot); fighting and shouting at people. Give's Zar 'social skills' which is nice. All ok?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 2:28 am

Added +3 Infamy/corruption

Work in progress for XP spends and looting the vault....

Lightning Attack (Khorne) - 400xp
WS (Intermediate) - (Unaligned) - 500xp
Blood Gods Contempt (Khorne) - 400xp
Agility (simple) - (Unaligned) - 250xp

Thoughts on loot.

Best quality power armour - bit boring though
Best quality conversion field - again a bit of a dull choice
Collar of Khorne (Tome of blood book)
Rune Shield (Tome of blood book)
Talisman of Burning Blood (Tome of blood book) - this is sweet

Not sure weapons are appropriate, Crimson would get jealous if I start using other weapons instead of my claws?

Also interested in what you were thinking might be good for Zar?

Last edited by Carnelian on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 3:31 am

Crimson would indeed get jelly and there aren't any weapons in this vault. Just armor and wargear/equipment.

I'll throw some left field stuff at you armor/equipment wise:

Mechronid Armor (Dark Heresy-Radical's Handbook): Liquid metal armor with AP 7. The one in the vault is a little different though...

Scatter-Caster (Dark Heresy-The Lathe Worlds): Disrupts control of servitors and servo-skulls. Also messes with Mechanicus implants.

Obsidian Armor (Black Crusade-Core Book): If Zar wants to go anti-psyker this is the way to go.

Harness of Rage (Black Crusade-Tome of Blood): Not as protective as power armor but it does grant regeneration when you cause damage and lets you use Frenzy as a free action.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:05 am

I'll take

Lightning Attack (Khorne) - 400xp
WS (Intermediate) - (Unaligned) - 500xp
Blood Gods Contempt (Khorne) - 400xp
Agility (simple) - (Unaligned) - 250xp

and...

Collar of Khorne
Harness of Rage
Aetherscyre Goggles

For now can I carry the Harness in a sack or similar? It might not come to pass but I'd like to keep the power armour as well as depending on what I need to do it might be of use.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:16 am

Found an image I like for Zar (updated to sheet).
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Can I spend xp now?

If so
Two weapon wielder - Melee (Unaligned), 500xp
Dodge (opposed), 250xp
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Yep, you can spend XP right after earning it.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Changed my mind when I realised I didn't have crushing blow...

Expenditure
Crushing Blow (aligned), 400xp
Dodge (opposed), 250xp
Athletics +10 (aligned), 200xp
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Added 500xp and 5 infamy (minus what I spent in that combat).

Spending 500xp on two weapon fighting
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Added 1500xp, 10 infamy and 5 corruption.

That takes me over a corruption threshold.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Gift of the gods roll (infamy)
https://orokos.com/roll/782760 = 78, fail

Mutation
https://orokos.com/roll/782761 = 91, +/-4 infamy = 95, Vampiric Addiction (Blood)
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:54 pm

Vampiric Addiction states...
In any session in which the character partakes of this substance, he counts his Infamy Points as
one higher than normal for the remainder of the session. If he does not partake in the substance by the end of the session, he permanently loses 1 Toughness.

How do we handle 'session' in our game for the above rule to be considered? Its a vague concept. Knowing Zar he'll be chowing down at he end of every combat, I guess its the barren spells when you might tell me its been a while and I need to drink. Hello new medic friend Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 4:29 pm

xp Spends...

Street Fighting (Khorne), 200xp
Disturbing Voice (Nurgle), 250xp ... I figure as my face of khorne progresses with my thick tongued bull-like face, with snorting and funeral pyre smoke this fit's and gives me something non-combative to take.
Step Aside (unaligned), 750xp
Sound Constitution (nurgle), 250xp

Last edited by Carnelian on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Carnelian wrote:

How do we handle 'session' in our game for the above rule to be considered? Its a vague concept. Knowing Zar he'll be chowing down at he end of every combat, I guess its the barren spells when you might tell me its been a while and I need to drink. Hello new medic friend Twisted Evil

Session is location in this game. So anytime there's a change of scenery those kind of per session skills/talents/points refresh then.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 11:57 am

Edited my xp buys. Dropped Blade Dancer as I do not use balanced weapon. Took Step Aside instead.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 1:58 am

Updated 600xp and 3 infamy
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 3:59 pm

I've updated the charred hide to my sheet... fear 3 now Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyWed May 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Added 300xp and 5 infamy
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant EmptyTue May 25, 2021 1:23 pm

Going to spend some xp if ok...
Agility [intermediate, Unaligned] - 500xp
Willpower [simple, Opposed] - 500xp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant   Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant Empty

Back to top Go down

Zar Tyark, The Crimson Servant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Vortex - Black Crusade Sandbox (Game Thread) :: Vortex - Black Crusade Sandbox (PCs)-
Jump to: