A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric Empty
PostSubject: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 2:28 am

Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric Half-Giant%20-%20Goran_Bukvic_08a

Name: Thrud
Height: 6'8"
Weight:
Eyes: Copper
Skin: Bronzed
Hair: Bald
Class and Level: Cleric 2
XP: 300
Race: Mul
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Slave Hero

Personality
Thrud is hard, driven and pragmatic with little remorse or sympathy in his heart. The 'earth' must be preserved at any cost.

Inspiration:
Proficiency Bonus: +2

Str: 15 +2
Dex: 12 +1
Con: 16 +3
Int: 10      
Wis: 14 +2
Cha: 10

Saving Throws: (WIS/CHA)
Str: +2
Dex: +1
Con: +3
Int:
Wis: +2
Cha:

Attack: +4 (Proficiency +2, Strength +2)
AC: 20 (Wood Armour (16) + Shield (+2) + Dex (+1) + Class (+1))
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30'
Hit Points (d8): 19

Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex):
Animal Handling (Wis):
Arcane (Int):
Athletics (Str): +2
Deception (Cha):
History (Int):
Insight (Int):
Intimidation (Cha):
Investigation (Int):
Medicine (Wis): +2
Nature (Int):
Perception (Wis):
Performance (Cha):
Persuasion (Cha):
Religion (Int): +0
Sleight of Hand (Dex):
Stealth (Dex):
Survival (Wis): +2
Passive Wisdom (Perception):

Features and Traits
- Inexhaustible - You have advantage on all saving throws made to resist exhaustion. In addition, as an action you can reduce your current exhaustion by one level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
- Relentless Endurance - When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. Once you use that trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
- Superior Resilience - You have advantage on saving throws against disease and poison, and you have resistance against poison damage
- Earths Resilience - +1 AC and +1 Hit/lvl
- Channel Divinity: Grasp of the Earth - 1x/day. As an action you cause tendrils of earth to erupt from the ground and wrap themselves around any number of targets within 10 feet of you. All targeted creatures must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be restrained by the earthen tendrils. A creature restrained by the plants can use its action to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. On a success, it frees itself.

Proficiencies and Languages
Language - Common
Language - Dwarfish
Primordial Dialect - Terran
Weapons - Martial, Simple
Armour - Heavy, Medium, Light, Shield
Tools - Boneworker
Tools - Smith

Equipment
Warhammer [1d8/versatile 1d10]+[2 Str], 2lbs
Wood Armour (AC 16), 45lbs
Shield (+2AC), 5lbs
light crossbow and 20 bolts, 5lbs
a priest’s pack or (b) an explorer’s pack
Elemental Symbol - Nugget of Iron

(52lbs, weapon, shield and armour)

CP: 13 https://orokos.com/roll/677248

Psionics
Wild Talent: Light Step https://orokos.com/roll/677434 = 6

Spellcasting

Spell Save DC:
Spell Attack Modifier:
Spell Casts: (1st) x3

1st Level:

Shield
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile
Range: Self  
Duration: 1 round
An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

Earth Tremour
Casting time: 1 Action
Range: Self (10-foot radius)
Duration: Instantaneous
You cause a tremor in the ground in a 10-foot radius. Each creature other than you in that area must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. If the ground in that area is loose earth or stone, it becomes difficult terrain until cleared. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Last edited by Carnelian on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:06 pm; edited 50 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Reserved for notes n stuff...
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 1:02 pm

So on level up I get...

Another hit die
+1 level 1 spell cast, so now at 3/day
Channel Divinity: Grasp of the Earth 1/day

Is there anything else like more; skills, saving throws, feats etc..? I'm not familiar with this edition of dnd. Any particular book I should be looking at?

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Carnelian wrote:

Is there anything else like more; skills, saving throws, feats etc..? I'm not familiar with this edition of dnd. Any particular book I should be looking at?

You'll want the 5e players handbook. However, I'll list out what the cleric gets for level 2 here.

Hit points: Roll a 1d8 (or 5) + Constitution modifier per cleric level after first (I suggest taking the 5 instead or rolling but that's just me)

Channel Divinity: Turn Undead
As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet o f you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 12:02 am

I dont believe the cleric in Dark sun gets channel divinity since there is no divinity here.

Im thinking thats why he has the one listed on his post.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 3:47 am

Yeah I get Earth Grasp instead of Turn Undead.

More questions...
We get a stat point every 4 levels, right?
Previous editions of dnd gave a talent choice every 3 levels, do we still get that or similar?
Previous editions also gave a number of skill points per level, is there any progression for skills outside our proficiency bonus and stats going up?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
I dont believe the cleric in Dark sun gets channel divinity since there is no divinity here.

Im thinking thats why he has the one listed on his post.

Well in 5e clerics get both Turn Undead and whatever their domain channel divinity is at level 2. However, this being Dark Sun clerics not getting Turn Undead makes sense.

Carnelian wrote:
We get a stat point every 4 levels, right?
Previous editions of dnd gave a talent choice every 3 levels, do we still get that or similar?
Previous editions also gave a number of skill points per level, is there any progression for skills outside our proficiency bonus and stats going up?

- Yes
- That's been replaced with archetypes or whatever a specific class calls it which are sub classes which most classes pick at level 3. You get extra features and abilities from them. Clerics don't have one because they you already start with a sub class that being the clerics domain.
- No
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 am

Every 4 levels you get 2 ability increase points, OR you could forgo those and get a feat instead.

Its my one real gripe that feats are hard to obtain, requiring such a huge loss, but at the same time I find the feats list are not as great as in 3.5, so eh.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Every 4 levels you get 2 ability increase points, OR you could forgo those and get a feat instead.

Its my one real gripe that feats are hard to obtain, requiring such a huge loss, but at the same time I find the feats list are not as great as in 3.5, so eh.

OK cool. There are a few feats that interest me, like Tough and Heavy Armour Master. I was thinking I might dip into fighter class as well. I also see that there is a feat to take more skills. I'm glad there are more customisation options than I thought were available.

I'm right in thinking I don't get any bonus spells for a 'high' WIS (or INT for wizards) as per older dnd versions?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric   Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric Empty

Back to top Go down

Thrud - Earth Elemental Cleric
Page 1 of 1