A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Closed] Interest Check for 5e

Go down 
+3
Solodice
Carnelian
Sylphilis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

[Closed] Interest Check for 5e  Empty
PostSubject: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 am

I didn't like the way our dnd 5e game ended abruptly before anything happened. Ive toyed with the idea of running another game for shits'n'giggles.

Who would be interested in this? I'm hoping for a more fast and furious style of play with lots of action and maybe even lite on the story maybe? who knows.

If I can get at least 4 people interested in this Ill start getting things together.
Also, this would be a dark sun setting. For those who are unaware of what dark sun is I suggest a quick read, its unlike any other dnd setting.

This can be a one off or a full campaign, or maybe even go from one to the other if you guys want.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 am

I really like the system. I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 1:28 am

I've had a quick read of a wiki and its an interesting setting. Are there any races you'd prefer people to steer clear of?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 2:04 am

5E Dark Sun you say...

FUCK YEAH I'M IN!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 am

As I already have a PC made up for the game you’ve mentioned...I want to tentatively be in.

I THINK I can make it work. All the hard work being done and all.

Sent from Topic'it App

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Just one more and we can make this happen.

Since Dark sun is so different from any other fantasy setting, Ill have to find a conversion. Thanks to the active DS community, Ive found 3 that im leaning towards already.

This one looks to be the best if you wanna skim through it:
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/165146/assets/760239/Dark_Sun_Player_s_Guide.pdf
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Just one more and we can make this happen.

Since Dark sun is so different from any other fantasy setting, Ill have to find a conversion. Thanks to the active DS community, Ive found 3 that im leaning towards already.

This one looks to be the best if you wanna skim through it:
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/165146/assets/760239/Dark_Sun_Player_s_Guide.pdf

This is the best 5E conversion I've seen yet for Dark Sun. Captures the setting perfectly with 5E mechanics.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 6:17 pm

I like the sound of that setting. Count me in.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 6:24 pm

And we have four...
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Ok.
Im ready to add more players to this game. Any Takers?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 2:27 pm

COME PLAY IN THE SAND WITH US!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm

I'd like to play an elven soul knife, but I'd rather one of the new players hop in, if they'd like
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 4:33 pm

Murcurie wrote:
I'd like to play an elven soul knife, but I'd rather one of the new players hop in, if they'd like

Narrows eyes... not really a thing in Dark Sun but looking at the UA it would fit nicely. A soulknife fighter from a roving band of Elf nomads makes sense.

I do wonder if the psychic and other UA classes are going to make it into a Dark Sun book for 5E (one can hope).
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 1:41 pm

the campaign guide I found had them listed explicitly, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

Edit: Here's the GM binder https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LX4yHeg3_fD-cb5AYlb
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Wrong place. We're using this one:

However the soulknife fits in perfectly with its psionic powers.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 2:55 pm

Uh yeah, It'd be a mystic, order of the soul knife, page 35.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 3:09 pm

Murcurie wrote:
Uh yeah, It'd be a mystic, order of the soul knife, page 35.

Well there you go.

Not like I was saying it doesn't fit if it wasn't in the book anyways... sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:26 pm

Sorry lol, I just thought it was funny. How are we doing here? No takers? Not even The local Eldritch horror? I thought she expressed some interest on LINE.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Looking like you're the only one that has come forward, Murcurie. I know She Who Thirsts said they were interested but haven't said anything since.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 6:52 am

If yiou're still looking, I would be supremely interested in 5E Dark Sun. Haven't played Dark Sun since 2E days though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Interest Check for 5e    [Closed] Interest Check for 5e  Empty

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Interest Check for 5e
Page 1 of 1