A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:44 am

The door to your quarters opens quickly and carefully. A man in ragged adeptus clothing slinks through the doorway and softly closes the door behind him.

His eyes look about wildly and desperately. Heavy bags sag under his eyes, while clumps of his hair are missing. He anticipates that you're about to speak and holds a quivering finger over his lips, silently "shh"ing you. He gestures over his shoulder, then makes a slicing motion across his throat. His motions are convulsive and shaky.

Herschel Brahe - Q'Sal Magister Immaterial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 am

Marius had not been happy.

Weakness.

He thought the suffering he had endured would have given him strength to complete this mission but his flesh and soul had betrayed him. The constant memories of The Burning of the 9th Spire, and now the severe frostbite that that stubbornly been refusing to recede, left him worrying that he would prove to be more of a liability than an aid. Marius had done his best to hide the nature of his doubt through keeping busy; he had continued treating his frostbite with mechanical efficiency, keeping up a constant rotation of temp-cycling and salve application.

For the briefest moment, a smirk crossed his face. Loathe as he was to admit it, he wanted to keep up his professionalism for Alistair. That hardened bastard was a good man to have in a crisis, no doubt, but Marius suspected that only applied to those in his good graces. So, no one. he thought to himself, the smirk becoming a grin.

Marius' triage was interrupted by the mad-man slipping into their quarters. His sudden appearance was almost more of a relief than a surprise; finally, some evidence that something was most definitely wrong with this station. Marius looked the man over, assessing his condition:

Light bruising of the orbital cavity, lack of sleep. Missing hair, source unknown, possible evidence of radiation poisoning. Erratic movement, evidence of neural disruption. Preliminary diagnosis: exposure to unknown contaminant. Treatment... uncertain.

Marius nodded to acknowledge the man's insistence that they remain quiet. He rose slowly and quietly from the bunk he had been sitting on, gesturing to his shotgun and inclining his head out the door; best to know whether or not they'd need force in case the man had been followed or, worse, if they were heading towards something violent.

Medicae:

Last edited by MmmTasteIt on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Donna had been pacing with her chainsword hefted over her shoulder, her attention jerks to the door as the cogman shambles in and makes his gestures.

What was his game? she wondered. Was he threatening them? or was he saying they were about to be attacked?

Without having a definitive plan, she eyes the others to see what they were going to do....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 am

Given that Donna had been agitated enough to pace in the room, Alistair had taken the opportunity to nap after their ordeal in the snowstorm. As such, when the figure entered the room, Alistair’s eye slowly opened, hand reaching for his lasgun. As the man indicates that they should remain silent, Alistair leans over to his combat vest and fishes out some scrap paper and a marker, and offers them to the man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:55 am

Shaking, the man reaches for the pen and paper. He sets the paper down on the floor before him and scrawls out a note. His script is jagged and spastic, but legible all the same.

HELP NEED YOUR HELP GET ME OFF PLANET

The man bites his lip as he holds the note up for you to read, his eyes pleading. You can only imagine the horrors he has witnessed, nor what monstrosities are lodged in his memory...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Donna looks over the shoulder as the trembling hand scratches down it message.
She now had dozens of questions for him now, but knew better than to speak out loud.

Instead, she inspects the dirty cogman for signs of ahem....."oil"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:05 pm

As the man scribbles on the paper, Alistair sighs. He really just wanted to sleep after that snow storm, but everyone seemed to believe in ruining that hope. Once the scribbling finished, Alistair leaned over, took the marker, and wrote a simple, WHY?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:05 am

The man snatches the marker back to scrawl a response in the same jagged, sloppy script.

PEOPLE AT FACILITY ARE DISAPPEARING THINK THEY ARE BEING KILLED OR WORSE PLEASE THERES NO SAFE PLACE HERE YOUR MY ONLY CHANCE

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Convinced he wasn't like their concierge, and after reading his scribbled reply, she responds with a "Pssss, I 'ad enough o this."

She walks to one of the padded seats in the corner and plops down in it. Reclining against the wall.

She puts her arms behind her head and closes her eyes.
"Let me be knowin wot yew wawnt me to do. Oui'm jus a bodyguard an'ways."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Marius frowned slightly at Donna's display. Most unprofessional, he thought inwardly.

Peeking over to see the scrawled words, his frown deepened. Seems it was time for them to take a slightly more... straightforward approach to the situation. Without speaking, he pumped his shotgun, ratcheting a shell into place, and nodded. It was time to purge whatever had infected the station.

"Marchin' orders, Alistair?" he inquired, wanting to ensure that they were of an accord.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:11 am

Alistair frowned in confusion as the medic grabbed his shotgun.

"Ah, well, we've just got a lot of surveying to do before we leave. There a lot we don't know about this rock. Also, our ride isn't going to be back for a while, no point in lounging about doing nothing. So, hole up for the night? I'm still hurting a bit, and don't really fancy doing anything right now. After a bit of R&R, we can reassess?"

Alistair looked at the quivering intruder. "We could drop some surplus gear off to the Arvus tomorrow, if that helps." Looking back towards Marius, "Of course, I'm not the boss here. If you think it's time to speed things up, I'm willing to follow suit. Just give me some time to patch myself up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:41 am

The righteous fires that had begun to burn within Marius dimmed slightly. He shook his head; of course, Alistair was right, they were still running somewhat ragged from their expedition into the arctic wastes. Their situation, however seemed somewhat more urgent than Alistair was giving it credit for.  At the word "surveying", Marius grimaced: did the man really think their act was still necessary given the evidence that was staring them in the face?

"I'd feel best if we checked in with our compatriots to make that decision... and would be far more comfortable doing a quite reconnoiter to make sure nothing truly foul is afoot in our vicinity. I'd be happy to change your dressings and provide a everyone with some mild stimulants for that patrol; they should wear off soon enough to make sure we can all get some rest but will keep us sharp in case there's an emergency. Is that a suitable course of action?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:24 pm

The man jumps with a start as you all hear the sounds of a sharp crack from another room. Quivering uncontrollably now, he looks for a place to hide and pulls himself under a bed like a dog in a thunderstorm.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:57 am

Marius sighed; it seemed like he'd have to wait to test his dehydrated re-caff pills some other time.

He looked to Alistair, a sly grin forming on his face.

"Shall we go survey the disturbance, sir?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:47 am

Donna sits up and pretends to stretch and yawn.
"Nuffin' like a good fo'tie winks to straighten out the ruffles in me knickers." she says, keeping up the obviously fake act that she slept in the last 5 minutes.

She garbs her belt with the holstered autopistol and her chainsword.

She then looks under the bed at the techpriest.
"They be monsters under tha beds 'ere." she replies as sarcastic as ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:49 pm

The man doesn't respond to Donna. He bites his fist with a terrified look in his eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:08 am

Alistair shot a glare at Marius, before breaking out into a shit eating grin.

"Yeah, I reckon that deserves some surveying."

Alistair started to collect his gear, slipping on his combat vest.

"If you want to have a quick look, time allowing, and check me for major frostbite? Also, if you've got mild stims, that would be useful. On the other hand, I should be fine if we need to go now." Alistair looks over at Donna. "Well, it sounds like it might be time to have some fun Donna."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 pm

She smiles enthusiastically.

"Tha ultra'violence is always a bit o' fun."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:07 am

Marius returned Alistair's grin. Maybe, beneath the man's stone exterior, there was a friend to be had.

"Certainly! Tell me what's numb and I'll ensure there's no serious damage and provide salve for problem cases." He rooted around in his combat vest, pulling out a small plastic container filled with some misshappen brown pills. "These have approximately the stimulant capacity of a cup of recaf. They can be taken orally or via encephalation. The latter provides a more portent, albeit shorter, effect but be warned: it'll sting a little."

Frost-bite Treatment:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:16 am

Indicating a few spots on his body, mostly limbs, Alistair gestured to his own medikit.

"Feel free to use some of my supplies. I would have given it a go myself, but I would have preferred to sleep instead. Actually, a cup of recaf would go down really well. Oh well, we do what we must. Speaking of which..."

Alistair poked his head under the bed to look at their guest.

"We're off to have some fun. You can stay here, or come along, but you'll have to follow orders."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2   

Back to top Go down

Blood Moon Side Thread IC - Chapter 2
Page 1 of 1