A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The NPC & Location Megalist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

The NPC & Location Megalist Empty
PostSubject: The NPC & Location Megalist   The NPC & Location Megalist EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Why:
Bobarctor's latest game requires all players to come up with a location and an NPC that will be featured sometime during gameplay. It was so much fun coming up with the NPC and Location, that I thought we could have a master list here as a resource for any GM to use in their games. Regardless of how specific the NPCs are, they can always be tweaked to fit a specific setting or campaign.

What Should Be Included:
-NPCs-
Name/Title of the NPC
Short Description
Short Background
Personality Traits**

-Locations-
Name of the location
Description/Function
Significance**

**Most important for GM purposes

Usefulness?
It is up to the creativeness of the GM how/when to employ what we come up with here, but as I stated before I do not think it will be too difficult to transplant any idea here to any setting. Whenever someone posts to this thread, I will copy and past it to the master list so that it is all in one place.

++++++++++++++++++++

Master List

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: The NPC & Location Megalist   The NPC & Location Megalist EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 10:43 am

Here's a couple random NPCs for DND games that I enjoyed role-playing yesterday. These are kind of goofy but can be fun for random encounters or being involved in side quests. Certainly no good for 40k or games with a darker, more sober tone, but my DND games are typically a little more whimsical or lighthearted.

An insane dwarf that is building a staircase to the sun, because he thinks its "the perfect mining opportunity."

A re-animated skeleton that doesn't really remember much at all about his former life. Hungry, tries to eat rats and other rodents. Also continually asks the PCs to bring him wine or if they have any wine for him. Sometimes has a hard time putting sentences together or can only rasp a few words.

We just ran a quest where they had to bury him with proper burial rituals (wreath, sacred oils, formal attire, coin in the mouth, wine for a passage toll - all very greco-roman) in order to avoid being cursed for letting him hang around the party without receiving a proper burial. Since the party buried him according to all the protocols and with his long-deceased clan in a barrow, I gave them a "blessing from the gods" (one free inspiration for someone in the party to use each session).

he/him
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: The NPC & Location Megalist   The NPC & Location Megalist EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 8:49 am

Gilligan
He's a pale, sweaty character but very charismatic, with swept brown hair and a dark red leather jacket.
Sells drugs on the street, a good informant of the goings on of common folk. He got hooked on the wrong drug after a chop shop surgery and now he gives most of his profit away to his dealer instead.
Very unassuming, kind, and down to earth, often talks to others about their worries and dreams. Generally very high.

Commander Serpin Terille
Middle aged elven man with a very, very large sword strapped to his back. He has long, straight, pure-white hair and purple eyes, wearing brown elven leaf armor.
Serpin used to be an adventurer who specialized in hunting *dragons* (insert large creature here). When worshipers of *dragons* came to the elven lands preaching a subservient, militant world order, Serpin took up arms against his old nemesis.
He's wisened by his adventuring days, but wears his heart on his sleeve. He is obsessed with keeping the peace in his later years, and still a very capable fighter. He hates being cooped up in tents and war rooms, and would rather be on the front line commanding foot soldiers.
In dnd, serpin was a 10th lvl egoist psion who focused on magically enhancing his strength to wield his oversized sword.

Last edited by Murcurie on Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The NPC & Location Megalist   The NPC & Location Megalist EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 10:51 am

I love the enthusiasm, but can we set it up in a more accessible format. Say something like, oh I don't know, this:

What Should Be Included:
-NPCs-
Name/Title of the NPC
Short Description
Short Background
Personality Traits**

and if you do locations how about, oh I don't know, this:

-Locations-
Name of the location
Description/Function
Significance**

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NPC & Location Megalist   The NPC & Location Megalist Empty

Back to top Go down

The NPC & Location Megalist
Page 1 of 1