A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Death in the Mountains - IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 am

Irritated, Slythe lets the chest down, dropping the edge to the dusty ground.

"If you inssssissssst."

he looks around, and shrugs.

"What to do now? Sssssee if the ssssskaven will attack tonight?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Murcurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:02 am

Valgard nods. "Aye slithers. Le's block off tha' door then. We can 'ead up after an talk ta the big guy, maybe we can 'elp prepare summore. Less there's somethin h'ere y'all wanna look over more?" He says, walking back up to the entrance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Daemaer looks around, seeing if anything else of interest might catch his eye.

After he sweeps the room and takes anything that caught his eye he nods to the others.

"I am finished here. Lets go!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:00 am

As they move out of the chamber, Slythe attempts to block the door, wether by boarding her up, ur by stacking any heavy items in the way.

In any case, he doubted such feeble fortifications would do more than stall a full scale skaven incursion.

"I am not tired, but a quick ressssst could be beneficial."
he says to the others. Indeed, he could last several hours longer, but he didnt want to be exhausted in case a fight turned out to be protracted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 am

Serestre continues to look around the room, taking it all in. Why did a monk of Taal have a Skaven god-marked box? What type of heresy was going on? Was it heresy? So many questions flooded her mind that she almost missed Valgard's comment.

"Oh...yes. Let's be off then."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 pm

With the other entrance to the crypt barracked up as best you can; desk, bed and other furniture pilled high you make your way out of the crypt. Its early evening, the sun is down, the monastery and surrounding village is illuminated by torches and bonfires to ward against the skaven. Monk and villager patrol about. All is quiet and there have been no disturbances.

Reginald on clocking you makes his excuses with Sam and heads over "Well then, what did the learned Daemaer and Serestre discover?" he inquires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Serestre worried about what they had found, the implications for it could rock the foundations of the monastery. Or perhaps they were all in on it? From the sound of it, this Horned Rat was something akin to heresy, something to distance oneself from, so why was a coffer with its symbols down below the monastery?

There was much to discuss, but in a hushed tone, she relays some information to Reginald.

"The coffer has something to do with a Horned Rat god...something related to the Skaven. My question is...why was it down there so close to the monastery? What exactly is going on here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Daemaer looked puzzled.

"That is really it. When someone touches it magic activates, but i havent had a good chance to study it so we arent going to know anything for a while. At this point i feel just keeping it away from the rats is the main thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:49 pm

"You dont ssssupossse sssssomeone here isssss in league with the sssskaven?" he asks lowly, for a saurus.

"Did the sssshort onessss find any collapsssssed tunnelssss? Maybe they came in and dropped it off?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 am

Serestre sure as shoot hoped not. But you never knew where heresy could spread, even into the very foundations of Taal.

In a hushed tone, Serestre replies to the lizardman.

"I don't know...but it is odd to have found that so close to here. And in the possession of someone whom probably was or is close to this monastery. Could even be one of the monks around us now..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Daemaer pondered for a moment.

"If it was chaos cultists we had found snooping around I would be much more inclined to believe someone was helping them...but skaven? Only the rats worship the horned god."
He thought for a moment before continuing.
"Of course it is possible...sigh. Let's just kill the rats and go from there"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 pm

[Conversation before Reg rejoined the group]

Reginald turned to Sam. "If I wanted to have someone look at a journal I found, maybe give me some insight into its author or its significance, who would I speak to?"

He oiled another blade while he waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:17 am

[Conversation before Reg rejoined the group]

"Jean-Louis is a bit of a scholar or the Padre but his eyes are failing." Sam takes the two blades and hands them to the villages who nod their thanks. "I have other tasks I must attend to, I'll be about the perimeter if you have need of me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Murcurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 am

Valgard grumbled when they began talking about traitors "We begin doubting our allies and well end up killin eachother. Innocent 'til proven guilty friend." He said to them as he looked over the chest once again.

"Fer all we no tha man tha' owns this took it from tha rats an' are holdin it from them. An' I don' think they'd be tryn ta' kill us if they 'ad a friend 'ere, aye?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Reginald nods to his brother. He saw merit in what he was saying, but wouldn't be surprised if someone was double crossing someone else in this whole fiasco.

"Got two more crossbows on the walls tonight and sharpened up some blades. Tried my hand at some runes, but the magic isn't with me tonight. We'll just have to make due. I retrieved a journal while I was in the crypts."

He pulls it out and shows the group, letting them leaf through it if they desire.

"Sam told me that the padre or Jean-Louis were scholarly enough to tell me its significance. That's where I'm headed next. While the father's eyes are failing, I trust him more. Nothing like pure, unadulterated bigotry to know when someone is honest at least."
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 am

Daemaer's ears perked up at the mention of the journal.

"Could I look at that briefly before we show the padre?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 am

Slythe settles into a corner, and rests himself. It would be a short nap, 2-3 hours at most. But he expected a siege, and did not want to be the first to fall of exhaustion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Reginald offers up the journal without hesitation. It would be best that trusted members - that is, members that have been blooded together - see what they could make of things first.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 am

"I've given the journal a cursory look over. If what it says is to be believed, it's the journal of Jean Louis's predecessor De Muscadet. Apparently he found that box attacking some skaven, so it's a safe bet they're back here after it."

Reginald puts his hands on his hips, hoping the next bit meant something to anyone.

"Apparently it's called the 'Arca Chaotis.' According to legend, the little mangy bastards used it against dwarves in a century-old battle, killing them by the score with arcs of green lightning. Needless to say, De Muscadet never was able to open it. If the legend is true, then its for the best."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 pm

[The Padre]

Reginald questions a passing monk and persuades him to give directions to the Padres' room, there is some reluctance, as its explained thats it the old mans bedtime but he gives up the directions. As the monk walks away you hear him mutter "Its your funeral."

Back inside the monastery you knock on the Padres' door. Also most immediately there is a screech from within "Go away, can't you hear that I'm asleep. Here, listen." a few moments later a loud snoring noise can be heard from within.

"Gah, well what is it? Don't keep an old man awake, this evenin' has already tired me considerably. That elf was most vexing!"

Reginald [and company if anyone is with him] enters the room, the heat is stifling within, the Padre is sat in a rocking chair by a roaring fire a blanket pulled about him.

"Well?" the old man inquires.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - IC   

Back to top Go down

Death in the Mountains - IC
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Empire in Flames - Warhammer Fantasy RP (Game Thread)-
Jump to: