A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez Empty
PostSubject: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyThu May 10, 2018 4:57 am

Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez B010f7d6b0a4169253e1c88486c68b33

Name: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez
Home World: Penal Colony
Background: Rogue Trader Fleet
Role: Chirurgeon
Divination: There is no substitute for zeal
Short Term Goals: Working for the gangers is 'ok' but Jules wants to find 'better employment'. If it means she can get off Port Wander all the better as there may be people looking for her.
Medium Term Goals: Gain the genuine trust of the bastards. Jules needs something to call family because family means protection.
Long Term Goals: Find out more about the Tau, their concept of the greater good sounds like a better way.

WS 30
BS 33
S 30
T 33
Ag 36
Int 46**
Per 49**
Wp 47**
Fel 46**
Inf 31
*Denotes upgrade

Wounds: 9/14
Critical Damage: none
Fatigue: 0/3
Fate Points: 1/3
Movement: 3m/6m/9m/18m
Insanity: 0/100
Corruption: 5/100
Mutations: none

Skills:
Acrobatics (Ag)
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per)
Charm (Fel) +10
Command (Fel)
Commerce (Int)
Common Lore (Int)
- Rogue Trader
- Underworld
Deceive (Fel) +10
Demolitions (Int)
Dodge (Ag)
Forbidden Lore (Int)
- Psykers

Inquiry (Fel)
Interrogation (Wp)
Intimidate (Fel)
Linguistics (Int)
- Low Gothic
- Tau
Logic (Int)
Medicae (Int) +10 [+30 with Superior Chirurgeon]
Navigate (Int)
- Surface
Operate (Ag)
- Aeronautica
Parry (Ws)
Psyniscience (Per)
Scholastic Lore (Int)
- Chymistry

Scrutiny (Per)
Security (Int)
Sleight of Hand (Ag)
Stealth (Ag)
Survival (Per)
Tech-Use (Int)
Trade (Int)

Talents
- Clues from the Crowd: Once per day, she can re-roll a test made to gather information from a group of people.
- Favoured by the warp: Roll twice on warp phenomena table
- Peer – Criminal Cartels: +10 Fel tests vs group
- Resistance - Fear: +10 to resist
- Superior Chirurgeon: gains a +20 bonus on all Medicae skill tests. When providing first aid, she ignores the penalties for Heavily Damaged patients and only suffers a –10 penalty for those suffering Critical damage.
- Weapon Training - Solid Projectile
- Weapon Training - Shock

Traits
- Finger on the Pulse. Begins with one Rank in the Common Lore (Underworld) and Scrutiny skills, and starts with the Peer (Criminal Cartels) talent.
- Inured to the Xeno. +10 bonus to fears tests caused by aliens & a +20 bonus to interaction skill tests with alien characters
- Dedicated Healer. May spend a FP to auto pass First Aid tests and take DoS equal to intelligence bonus

Nothing to see here... move along...:

Armour
- Mesh Cloak [4AP, Arms, Body, Legs]

Weapons
- Kenji's Triple Barrel "Street Sweeper" [basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+4 I, pen 0; Reliable, Scatter)** - Reloads 2/3
- Compact Autopistol [Pistol, Range: 15m, Rof: S/–/6, Dam: 1d10+1 (I), Pen: 0, Clip: 9/9, Rld: Full] - Reloads 3/3
- Shock Maul [Melee, Dam: 1d10+6 (I), Pen (0), Shocking]
- Smoke Grenades [Range 9m (SBx3), smoke (4)]
- Frag Grenade x1
- Reloads 3/4
**Special: all three barrels can be fired simultaneously. This is a standard attack that changes the profile to S/-/-; 3d10+4, pen 0. This uses 1 reload and can be combined with the scatter special rules or specialty ammo if available; Once fired in this mode, the PC must spend 1 full round reloading.

Gear
- Turkey Leg (Looks absolutely delicious!)
- Backpack [Full action to remove something from it]
- Auspex [+20 bonus to Awareness tests. Once per round, as a Free Action, a character with one may make a Tech-Use test to spot things not normally visible to human senses, such as invisible gases, nearby signs of life, non-visible radiation, or other things as appropriate.]
- Chrono
- Field Suture [+30 bonus for Medicae tests used to staunch Blood Loss.]
- Glow Globe [12m radius]
- Dataslate
- Photo Goggles [Trait, Dark Sight]  
- Med-Kit [+20 bonus to Medicae tests]
- Large Jewel - Mysterious Psy Focus (Acts as standard psy-focus with the following properties: can adjust psychic phemomena and Perils of the Warp by 1 step either way. When used this way, Jules gains corruption equal to the difference between her PP/Perils roll and the new step adjusted to; Commercial Worth: +60 to any item acquisition)

Max Carry Weight:
Max Lifting Weight:
Max Pushing Weight:

Cybernetics

Aptitudes: Toughness, Social, Field Craft, Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Fellowship (swapped for double Toughness), Psyker
XP: 400
XP Spent: 6400

Expenditure:

Description: Her bobbed hair is under cut and is clearly dyed a peroxide blonde. She is tall, slender and often has herself wrapped in her cloak, the hood up. She is average looking, a 'plain-jane', her face slender with a pointed nose. Her eyes and smile are warm and friendly. (Jules is currently in 'disguise')
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 125lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Peroxide Blonde (Natural dark brown)
Handedness: Right

Personality
Jules is empathic and friendly, keen to help others. She favours the underdog. She dislikes the heavy boot of the Imperium and has been influenced towards 'the greater good' by a friendship she had with a Tau on her old Rogue Traders ship - she is still loyal to the Emperor but can see the oppressive nature on the Imperium for what it is. There is a better way. She is cautious to let anyone really know her, as her life has become transient with to much hurt. She feels guilt at 'murdering' the psyker who discovered her, but she is a survivor, first and foremost.

Background

Penal Colony - Phyrr
Born on a Penal Colony on the planet of Phyrr into a world of violence, hard labour and constant hunger, Julianna was the product of force, her mother a prisoner raped by a group of enforcers. It was not unusual for children to be born in penal colonies, the infant taking on the sentence of the parents – it suited the Imperium, ever hungry for more souls for the meat grinder. Her mother sheltered Julianna from the worst of it as best she could, but by the age of six Julianna was deemed able enough by the Taskmasters to begin working. It was the kitchens initially as a six year old was of no use down the mines, although that day would no doubt come.

Five years passed and Julianna who was a bright girl found herself working in the infirmary. It was a rude place with few supplies, ill-suited to the terrible injuries caused by the dangerous work in the mine. While the work was hard and grim she enjoyed it; holding the hand of a dying man - giving him comfort brought her anguish but also a glimpse into when people are at their most vulnerable. She found the work despite her age fulfilling. She also learnt a lot, an overworked medic taking her under his wing and teaching her as much he could of the art of stitching people back together.

Julianna was 12 when the incident happened, it would change her life forever. Cornered by a couple of prisoners with their intentions obvious, she closed her eyes and waited for it to happen. One of them had a shank, there was nowhere to run and there was no point in fighting. As they ripped the clothing from her she screamed, her eyes snapped open locking those of her attacker in place. The attacker saw his death in Julianna's eyes. Without even thinking about how Julianna’s mind locked the attackers down. There was resistance at first and then the attacker turned the shank on himself and drove the blade repeatably into his own gut. As he fell to the ground his accomplice fled.

Julianna’s mother knew they didn’t have much time, when word got out they would come for Julianna. There was only one option but the price would be high. Her mother had some connections and she had heard rumours that it was possible to smuggle people out of the colony – one of the controlling criminal gangs having some kind of operation. Julianna wasn’t privy to what price her mother agreed but only two days later she found herself hiding in a container and being loaded onto a transport bound for unknown ports…

The Rogue Trader Fleet
The years following her escape were quiet. She kept her burgeoning telepathic power to herself, well aware of the price she’d have to pay if she was caught and the perils themselves of using her power unchecked. When she did have cause to use them she always took the utmost care. Work was not hard to find for one with medical knowledge so she applied herself to that and kept her head down. She often thought of her mother and if she still survived.

Much changed for her when she met her first serious love. A dashing crew member of a rogue trader vessel dropping its spoils back in safe harbour within Imperial space persuaded her to join the crew – she would be valued with her medical knowledge and experience. She quickly found that she loved space travel and staring out of view ports at the inky black void with all of its wonders, her love for the dashing young man passed as these thing sometimes do. The loss of favour of her ex did not cause an issue with her employment as she had quickly became a valuable crew member – working within the medicae decks but also on away missions on far off alien worlds. She particularly enjoyed her time with a Tau crew member, she was fascinated about their concept of the Greater Good and the alien graciously taught her the Tau language.

While there was danger she spent many happy years on the vessel but eventually her life once again quickly unravelled. Unbeknownst to her a psyker who was a senior member of the crew had sensed her presence when she had reason to use her powers. When he was able he had spied upon her, intrigued about this young woman, a psyker who was not known as such aboard the ship. When he eventually confronted Julianna and demanded to see her sanctioning brand she knew her time was likely up – he became violent towards her and rightly so for any upstanding member of the Imperium – but she wanted to survive, she knew what they did to witches. Julianna was lucky and her accuser over confident in his superior powers that he would bring her low. A bullet to his head quickly put him down though, but the shot echoed and she was seen stood over the warm body.

Fortunately for Julianna the vessel was in dry dock in Port Wander and so she was able to escape amongst the crowds and lay low until the ship left dock. Now a few months later Julianna is once again keen to find work and get off port wander…

Rolls
Spoiler:

Last edited by Carnelian on Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:51 am; edited 56 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:35 am

1) minor: you rolled a 30 for influence and have it listed as 31. Also, Fate Roll?

2) Divination Roll (pg. 84-85 CRB)

3) Roll 1d10+3 Corruption points per Rogue Psyker.

4) XP expenditure looks good. She's pretty decently well rounded. I like that she can hang socially, is obviously a solid medic, if only lacking the pomp and flashy gear. And I think she will add an RP element to the team they haven't had yet.

Big thing now is to work on goals. Other than that a little sheet cleanup - stats for gear, movement speed, formatting, etc.

Also, let's bump you 500 more XP to work with.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyFri May 18, 2018 1:16 pm

1) You get +1 Inf each time you take the Peer talent.
2) Done
3) Done

Additional xp - Charm +10, Deceive +10, Perception increase

Equipment - I get 3 up to scarce at start
- Photo Contacts (scarce)
- Med-Kit (common)
- Hand Cannon (Scarce)

Acquisition Rolls https://orokos.com/roll/623837 = 17, 43, 50, 49, 57, 67, 27 vs 31 (any modifiers for location, ex RT crew?)
- Field Suture (average) 17 vs 31 = pass
- Glow Globe (Abundant +30) 43 vs 61 = pass
- Dataslate (Common +10) 50 vs 41 = fail
- Backpack (Abundant +30) 49 vs 61 = pass
- Smoke Grenades (Common +10) 57 vs 41 = fail
- Refractor Field (Very Rare -30) 67 vs 01 = fail
- Expander Rounds (Scarce -10) 27 vs 21 = fail

I'll get to the other bits soon.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptySat May 19, 2018 8:33 am

In the future when spending XP, make a new post with what you're purchasing. It makes it easy for me to track the progression and catch any mistakes if they exist. I can see where you added it in your previous post, so that's all good.

For acquisitions, take a static +20 for location to all the rolls you just made.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:42 am

Roger that.

The +20 will give me everything apart from the Refactor Field so I am more than happy. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptySat May 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Looks great. for my convenience, put up stats/what it does for your gear and armor too.

If you can, put as much detail into and really flesh out your goals as best you can as they will be the main determinant for XP rewards.

You can also go ahead and remove the roll links. Thanks for putting them. Lastly, I believe there is an issue with how you have fatigue listed (3/3?)

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptySun May 20, 2018 11:52 am

Dave - I added 150xp for your upcoming birthday. Cheers, bro.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyThu May 24, 2018 9:55 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Dave - I added 150xp for your upcoming birthday. Cheers, bro.

Thanks bro
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyThu May 24, 2018 3:00 pm

I've added some info for my equipment as requested (was going to anyway, just not got around to it).

As for my goals, I'd like to keep the broad for now. At present I figure she's still in flight or fight mode hence why they are what they are. After a short while with the bastards they'd start to develop, and narrow and so get more detail.

This is not a dodge of embellishing them more at this point, but certainly kick my ass if they're not developing in a few months of play.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:02 pm

No worries. Like I said, this will only impact XP allotment. Your short term goals look good.

One thing of note, you wrote "he" in a lot of your talent/gear descriptions. Do we have our forum's first hermaphrodite PC?

Start looking for a picture representation too. That always helps.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
One thing of note, you wrote "he" in a lot of your talent/gear descriptions. Do we have our forum's first hermaphrodite PC?

Start looking for a picture representation too. That always helps.

That will be a copy n paste thing. I'll fix it.

I'm struggling to find a picture I like. Its TBC for now.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:47 pm

So image is up. It will be her 'out of disguise picture', at present its the same but her hair is styled in a bob and dyed peroxide blonde.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Fuck yes.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Christmas Gift:

Apply XP now and you will find your item sometime during gameplay. Merry Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Thank you for the xp. Saving it for now.

Last edited by Carnelian on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyMon May 20, 2019 7:13 pm

Happy Birthday, brother. Add 150 XP to Jules for a total of 275 unspent.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 pm

XP spends for approval

Favoured by the Warp, 600xp (allows me to roll twice on warp phenomena table)
Weapon Jinx , 200xp (minor power in DH2 enemies within book)
Command, 100xp (been wanting to take this. Reasoning is its about telling my patient what to do, one of my 'bedside' manners.

Total of 900xp, taking a small slice of my b'day xp for this (25xp, saving the rest 125xp)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Looks great, Dave. I like the new Weapon Jinx profile in DH2. I didn't realize they had transferred it over. Be careful, a jam on your own grenade could be... bad.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Updated my sheet and added my psi focus
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyMon May 18, 2020 8:47 am

I know it's not for a day or two, but happiest of birthdays, my dude. Add 150 XP to your PC sheet when you get a chance (should be a total: 275 XP).

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 pm

200xp added
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez   Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez Empty

Back to top Go down

Julianna 'Jules' Rodriguez
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: The Emperor's Bastards - Only War (Game Thread) :: The Emperor's Bastards - Only War (PCs)-
Jump to: