A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gurkhal
Senpai


Posts : 64
Join date : 2017-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Sun May 27, 2018 7:59 am

Ok, here goes everything.

Action: Casting Pushed Smite at the Tyranid Prime

IC: Pointing his force sword towards the Tyranid Prime it seems like an electric field sparkles around Bleda for a moment and then from the sword comes a crack of lightning as blue-white bolts shot out and strikes the Tyranid.

Focus Power Test

WP 92 (WP 57 + 35 from Psy Rating (now 7))
Roll: 26

http://orokos.com/roll/626160

Success! And it looks like seven DoS so four hits.

Damage

I don't think it will amount to much but perhaps it can at least scrape the enemy a little.

1: 12 Pen 4

2: 12 Pen 4

3: 12 Pen 4

4:14 Pen 4

http://orokos.com/roll/626161

Psychic Phenomena

Now to the funny part. I bet I'll roll something like reality quake or summon daemons or something.

http://orokos.com/roll/626162

34: Breath Leech. Wasn't to dangerous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 10:04 am

Heath - last thing, did you remember to take Lucius extra +2 to toughness for the hit on his bionic arm? Might affect the final damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Heath - last thing, did you remember to take Lucius extra +2 to toughness for the hit on his bionic arm? Might affect the final damage.

I did I did Very Happy
Would've been 6 damage before that.

Gurkhal wrote:

Ok, here goes everything.

Action: Casting Pushed Smite at the Tyranid Prime

IC: Pointing his force sword towards the Tyranid Prime it seems like an electric field sparkles around Bleda for a moment and then from the sword comes a crack of lightning as blue-white bolts shot out and strikes the Tyranid.

Focus Power Test

WP 92 (WP 57 + 35 from Psy Rating (now 7))
Roll: 26

http://orokos.com/roll/626160

Success! And it looks like seven DoS so four hits.

Damage

I don't think it will amount to much but perhaps it can at least scrape the enemy a little.

1: 12 Pen 4

2: 12 Pen 4

3: 12 Pen 4

4:14 Pen 4

http://orokos.com/roll/626161

Psychic Phenomena

Now to the funny part. I bet I'll roll something like reality quake or summon daemons or something.

http://orokos.com/roll/626162

34: Breath Leech. Wasn't to dangerous.

Using the OW ruleset, you add +10 to the phenomena test when you push. That makes the result a 44, which is bloody tears. The rockrete will starts to ooze blood, but with all thats going on....it might be hard for you to notice.

Also, the power does 1d10xpsy rating pen 7, but its a blast power so only 1 hit.
That will make your roll 7d10, you wanna reroll that one?
If you have multiple "10" rolls, I have a houserule that each hit can only trigger 1 RF, though you can roll that many d5 and pick the result that you want.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurkhal
Senpai


Posts : 64
Join date : 2017-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:
Heath - last thing, did you remember to take Lucius extra +2 to toughness for the hit on his bionic arm? Might affect the final damage.

I did I did Very Happy
Would've been 6 damage before that.

Gurkhal wrote:

Ok, here goes everything.

Action: Casting Pushed Smite at the Tyranid Prime

IC: Pointing his force sword towards the Tyranid Prime it seems like an electric field sparkles around Bleda for a moment and then from the sword comes a crack of lightning as blue-white bolts shot out and strikes the Tyranid.

Focus Power Test

WP 92 (WP 57 + 35 from Psy Rating (now 7))
Roll: 26

http://orokos.com/roll/626160

Success! And it looks like seven DoS so four hits.

Damage

I don't think it will amount to much but perhaps it can at least scrape the enemy a little.

1: 12 Pen 4

2: 12 Pen 4

3: 12 Pen 4

4:14 Pen 4

http://orokos.com/roll/626161

Psychic Phenomena

Now to the funny part. I bet I'll roll something like reality quake or summon daemons or something.

http://orokos.com/roll/626162

34: Breath Leech. Wasn't to dangerous.

Using the OW ruleset, you add +10 to the phenomena test when you push. That makes the result a 44, which is bloody tears. The rockrete will starts to ooze blood, but with all thats going on....it might be hard for you to notice.

Also, the power does 1d10xpsy rating pen 7, but its a blast power so only 1 hit.
That will make your roll 7d10, you wanna reroll that one?
If you have multiple "10" rolls, I have a houserule that each hit can only trigger 1 RF, though you can roll that many d5 and pick the result that you want.



It seems like I've very confused apparently in regards to the rules. More so than normal.

Ok, I read it to be a psychic barrage in the Only War book thus my impression it was several hits the way we ran it, but hey, this is even better as I see it so I don't mind.

Damage

Damage 44 Pen 7

http://orokos.com/roll/626585

You're the GM so I bow to your decision but in regards to the psychic phoenomena I did roll 1d100+10 and not just 1d100 as I think the link shows.

EDITED

RF from the Smite attack

Damn, it seems like I'll take the dice with value 2. Not a good roll at all.

http://orokos.com/roll/626588
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azza
Senpai


Posts : 141
Join date : 2017-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 1:36 pm

OOC:
First
No more Pin thanks to being in cover
https://orokos.com/roll/626586

So fly up and charge the exocrine thing.
https://orokos.com/roll/626582
I think its +30 charge +20 size so that's 9dos
https://orokos.com/roll/626590
25 damage pen 6

IC:
Seraphan is already kicking back off as he touches the shore line burning up to the top of the cliff and barrels towards the exocrine power sword blazing in his hand

"You know me Lucius, I like to make an enterance"

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 2:24 pm

OK, hes hurt.
+0 toughness test or prone:
http://orokos.com/roll/626596
Its prone

the warrior senses the damage inflicted on the prime and fires at Bleda
http://orokos.com/roll/626599
Miss

Azza wrote:
OOC:
First
No more Pin thanks to being in cover
https://orokos.com/roll/626586

So fly up and charge the exocrine thing.
https://orokos.com/roll/626582
I think its +30 charge +20 size so that's 9dos
https://orokos.com/roll/626590
25 damage pen 6

Applying damage. Charge only gets you +20, but the size is +30 so its the same regardless.

Kareem's chimi will full move forward
http://orokos.com/roll/626616
miss with ML, 1 from HB

otho will floor it!
http://orokos.com/roll/626617
failed of course, out of control.
Hmmmm, I missed that out of control means you cannot move the next round. Need to keep that in mind.
http://orokos.com/roll/626620
still behind Kareem, but only moved 16m
http://orokos.com/roll/626621
1 hit from each weapon

the biovore stands and attacks lucius
http://orokos.com/roll/626624
miss

Another psyker power from hidden foe
Paroxysm,
http://orokos.com/roll/626627
this is a pass, 3 dos
I need opposed WP from Entire Cliffside team, less than 3 dos gives you -10 to all bs/ws tests

Tally did not loose control last round, they will floor it.
http://orokos.com/roll/626629
failed, but not by enough dof to loose control.
1st roll to fix ML
http://orokos.com/roll/626630
ML is no longer jammed, HB missed.

Exocrine will half move out. AoO from Serephan?

Mak is up on port side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2017-10-20
Age : 43
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 2:31 pm

WP test
https://orokos.com/roll/626631 = 14 vs 53 = 4 DoS (5 with resistance psy talent)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 2:41 pm

WP for Lucius - 47 (base) +5 (PAH?) [further +10 if this is a psychic power thing] <52; rolled  2/5 DoS. Pass as fuck.

I will hold off on his action until initiative is on him, but I will post for Ambrose now.

OOC: Engage the Carnifex. BS 69 +40 (size/aim) -30 (run/full auto) <79; rolled 42/4 DoS/5 hits
Damage: 35 (RFx2: 3; MAXIMUM DAMAGE!), 24, 24, 28, 26, PEN 6.
RF: The blow breaks the target’s leg leaving him Stunned for 1 Round and halving all movement for 1d5 Rounds. The target takes 1 level of Fatigue.

http://orokos.com/roll/626634
http://orokos.com/roll/626636 <--- did the RF wrong. Ignore second roll.
http://orokos.com/roll/626639 <--- RF roll

IC: The assault cannon rested for a moment as a larger target came into Ancient Ambrose's optical feeds. "BATTLE WAGON, INBOUND. Men and women of the guard, watch as the Emperor's Angels bring death to the weak tides crashing against them. For the Lion!" There was a bark that sounded like thunder and it was not the weapon. It takes a moment to realize that it is actually laughter.

The assault cannon spooled up once more. Casings poured from the side of the weapon as its singular staccato breaks through all other sounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 4:52 pm

Good rolls.

So its on Mak and Serephan now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 311
Join date : 2017-10-21
Age : 29
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Seeing as the carnifex is heading for us, I will try to do some damage to it with hellfire rounds hopefully.

BS 60 + 10 (Motion Predictor) + 10 (Half-Aim) +0 (Semi) + 30? (Size) = <100: 68, 4 DoS unless size is different or other penalties apply.

http://orokos.com/roll/626838

With the Storm Bolter is that 4 hits or 8? Or would I need to have 8 DoS for the 8 hits? It has descriptions for Storm when it had full auto mode, now it does not...so I'm not sure.

I will roll for 8 hits and then just go from there.

Damage: 18 (RF), 19 (RF), 19 (RF), 16, 19 (RF), 13, 13, 19 (RF)
http://orokos.com/roll/626839

RF rolls: 2, 3, 1, 3, 1
http://orokos.com/roll/626840

Lemme know how that stacks up and if it is alright for me to even do the action. I'll get an IC up after work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue May 29, 2018 2:30 am

Your mods are good except for the -20 for running.

That would be 2 dos for a total of 4 hits (1 hit per 2 dos for semi, 2 hits each per storm)
Any IC for that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 311
Join date : 2017-10-21
Age : 29
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue May 29, 2018 2:42 am

Ah cool cool. So the first 4 we can take then, assuming no dodging.

IC: Makradon climbed up next to Ambrose, surveying the carnage that was already happening all around. It was glorious as his brothers stemmed the tide of the xenos filth. His attention gets lost for a split second before he sees the filthy beast coming for the two of them.

"Ambrose, we have an approaching tyranid bioform that requires our...education."

The tech marine smiles, raising his bolter up. It spits out the Hellfire rounds in a quick burst, all of them traveling for their new home...embedded deep within the mass of the Carnifex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue May 29, 2018 8:07 am

Mak may have had a rocky start, but that totally made up for it. Thrashing a Carnifex is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
deaddmwalking



Posts : 57
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue May 29, 2018 8:18 am

Catch me up - what do I need to roll? A fear test? A command test?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 1:58 am

deaddmwalking wrote:
Catch me up - what do I need to roll?  A fear test?  A command test?  

Wanna go ahead and give me your next action?
Your in CC with the hormagaunts ATM.

Mrouzu wrote:


Mon May 28, 2018 11:56 pm  
Seeing as the carnifex is heading for us, I will try to do some damage to it with hellfire rounds hopefully.

BS 60 + 10 (Motion Predictor) + 10 (Half-Aim) +0 (Semi) + 30? (Size) = <100: 68, 4 DoS unless size is different or other penalties apply.

http://orokos.com/roll/626838

With the Storm Bolter is that 4 hits or 8? Or would I need to have 8 DoS for the 8 hits? It has descriptions for Storm when it had full auto mode, now it does not...so I'm not sure.

I will roll for 8 hits and then just go from there.

Damage: 18 (RF), 19 (RF), 19 (RF), 16, 19 (RF), 13, 13, 19 (RF)
http://orokos.com/roll/626839

RF rolls: 2, 3, 1, 3, 1
http://orokos.com/roll/626840

Lemme know how that stacks up and if it is alright for me to even do the action. I'll get an IC up after work.

Im looking at the Carnifex's stats. He takes a whooping 3 damage from all that.
The first attack doesn't bypass his toughness, but my RF rule says if the RF attack does no damage, then it counts as 1 without the RF effect.
The next 2 do bypass it (meaning he has an 18 TB!)
3 RF to leg and 1 to body
2d10 agility damage
http://orokos.com/roll/627174
15, nice.
Like the other massive creature, I dont see a hellfire round knocking this guy back, but he will be prone.
...and just like the biovore' he has sturdy, on a +0 toughness he will not be prone.
http://orokos.com/roll/627181
pass.

Andrew is AFK right now, but Im 100% convinced he would charge the tyranid prime.
...He is 1m out of range to attack this guy.
Ugh, I guess 1/2 move and 1/2 semi auto with SB
http://orokos.com/roll/627175
he failed the shot by 3.
Lame

Carnifex will run
Also, I think its regen should be able to fix its agi damage before the actual wounds. Makes sense that it could repair that.
http://orokos.com/roll/627176
pass, agi damage is now at 10

Last is Ambrose

Iron and Metal wrote:
OOC: Engage the Carnifex. BS 69 +40 (size/aim) -30 (run/full auto) <79; rolled 42/4 DoS/5 hits
Damage: 35 (RFx2: 3; MAXIMUM DAMAGE!), 24, 24, 28, 26, PEN 6.
RF: The blow breaks the target’s leg leaving him Stunned for 1 Round and halving all movement for 1d5 Rounds. The target takes 1 level of Fatigue.

http://orokos.com/roll/626634
http://orokos.com/roll/626636 <--- did the RF wrong. Ignore second roll.
http://orokos.com/roll/626639 <--- RF roll

IC: The assault cannon rested for a moment as a larger target came into Ancient Ambrose's optical feeds. "BATTLE WAGON, INBOUND. Men and women of the guard, watch as the Emperor's Angels bring death to the weak tides crashing against them. For the Lion!" There was a bark that sounded like thunder and it was not the weapon. It takes a moment to realize that it is actually laughter.

The assault cannon spooled up once more. Casings poured from the side of the weapon as its singular staccato breaks through all other sounds.

Also, these things have Iron jaw
http://orokos.com/roll/627179
failed, this thing is stunned
http://orokos.com/roll/627180
1/2 movement for 2 rounds
total damage is.....14 wounds

On the cliffs.
Serephan passed the WP test, got AoO on the exocrine,
26 damage p6
6 damage, Rf causes next round to be 1/2 action (Ill apply it this round since it was his turn) and 1d5 fatigue
http://orokos.com/roll/627183
2 fatigue

Need one AoO from Albrect to finish this round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2017-10-20
Age : 43
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 2:17 am

AoO http://orokos.com/roll/627185 = 4 vs 99 (+20 size, +15 master wargear) = 10 DoS

24 Damage, 7 pan (34 dam if I can sub DoS)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
mruozu
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 311
Join date : 2017-10-21
Age : 29
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 2:24 am

I don't think I can be of much help in the fight probably, at least against the bigger targets. I need Mak to get some new weapons I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 2:37 am

Ok, biovore breaks combat, suffers 16 damage from Albrect the fires on Kareem's tank.
http://orokos.com/roll/627186
hit, and RF as well
http://orokos.com/roll/627187
2 crit to the turret
Hmm, treat it as jammed.

Ok, Round 4:

Lucius is up on the cliffs.

Squad 3 will attack the gaunts:
http://orokos.com/roll/627189
even scared shitless, they kill 3 mag

squad 2 same:
http://orokos.com/roll/627190
jeez, 4 mag damae

they fight better when they reek of piss.

Cass is up now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 am

mruozu wrote:
I don't think I can be of much help in the fight probably, at least against the bigger targets. I need Mak to get some new weapons I guess.

This is a carnifex, so don't take it personally.

Also, I believe your servo arm has a good chance in CC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 311
Join date : 2017-10-21
Age : 29
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 2:58 am

It could potentially do some damage, and I assume I will get to see very quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deaddmwalking



Posts : 57
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 6:14 am

Cassiel's steady rhythm of bolter fire was disrupted as the wave of hormagaunts swarmed down the pier he was on. His fire had been focused on maintaining the beachhead where the guard was disembarking so he was suddenly thrust into melee. It was less than ideal. The tyrannids were best defeated with concentrated fire from heavy ordnance, and that was what devestator marines were best at. Still, the guard were in hand-to-hand combat as well. Cassiel would continue to provide an example. He didn't know fear, he just focused on the minutia of combat. Ducking under a scything talon here and pulling his head back from a snapping jaw there. He pulled one of the frag grenades from the combat webbing and tossed it into the vast horde.


Grenade (cc w/ hormagaunts): 1d100 18 2d10+2 7 1d5 4

Definitely hit with the grenade, not sure if the damage is enough. If it is, the grenade does 12 Mag damage (blast 4, eXplosive, plus 1d5 from the devestator).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 9:38 am

^^ You can always substitute DoS for damage roll too.

SIDE NOTE: Heath, also the Biovore that failed its attack against me last round should have already been dead. Carn killed it on his first action.

In case the sequence of actions got muddled: they both charged biovore 1/Albrecht killed it; Lucius jumped straight into the air and fired on Biovore 2/Albrecht flew off at Biovore 3. Now Lucius is charging biovore 2.

++++

Lucius Action - charge the biovore he previously shot to finish it off.
WS 48 +40 (charge/size) +10 (hatred) +10 (prone) <108; rolled 19/9 DoS  
Damage: 26, pen 3.

http://orokos.com/roll/627218
http://orokos.com/roll/627219

IC: Lucius hardly registered the weak attacks by the gaunts and the barbs that pierced his arm. He would deal with that later. Right now, the veteran squads landing was all that was important. That, and the synapse creature controlling the rest and attempting to pierce into his own psyche. He clicked back an affirmative to Seraphan. He had made quite an entrance after all.

"Khol, engage the synapse creature from distance if you can. We need to act fast." The Novamarine burned off toward the wounded Biovore, his chainsword screaming as he closed distance. Just before he reached it he cut his engines, letting momentum carry his heavy frame just above the fallen tyranid. His chainsword screamed the entire way as it cut through carapace, flesh, and spine.


Last edited by Iron and Metal on Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 9:42 am

Heath, I think your math is off on the Carnifex wounds after Ambrose's attack, assuming you're using the profile from Mark of the Xenos.

Carnifex: Toughness 18/Armor 10; Ambrose: Pen 6 = Total soak 22.

Damage after soak for each round should be: 13 + 2 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 27 damage.

Si?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
deaddmwalking



Posts : 57
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 2:08 pm

I like this Degree of Success instead of Damage roll. Tell me more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 pm

You smell pretty like a girl.

But if you have higher DoS than damage, you can substitute it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed May 30, 2018 11:21 pm

OK, I didnt see the 35 damage, and used the other 4 numbers. Ill double check, but your closer to right then me.

Yes, that biovore is dead.

So you know IC that there is one tyranid warrior prime (which came out of hiding), OOC you know that he and something else are casting powers. Seeing as how anything that casts powers is automatically a synapse....did you want to change the IC any?

Warrior 1 runs at draco

ok, there are no chimera's for the zoanthrope to lance now, you can guess who his target is now.
http://orokos.com/roll/627344
pass
http://orokos.com/roll/627345
70 damage p12 against ambrose
unless he can pull off a dodge, he will be at 5 crit
he also scored 2 RF hits
http://orokos.com/roll/627346
that's a 5 on the motive system
ambrose would move forward half action then fall over.

Its all on that roll.

The prime will charge Hydrako:
http://orokos.com/roll/627347
both hit, Multiple arms allows an attack with the lash whip and one with the bonesword
lash whip (cant be parried)
http://orokos.com/roll/627348
17 p3, not going to cut it, but unless hydrako can pass a -10 agi test he in ensnared
http://orokos.com/roll/627355
thats a fail, hyf\drako can do nothing his next round except try and escape the stranglehold (He is helpless until he escapes)
bonesword
http://orokos.com/roll/627349
19p6
Hydrako's parry
http://orokos.com/roll/627350
75 vs 61, fail
that will just get past his defenses and cause 1 wound unless....
http://orokos.com/roll/627351
he can pass the FF save, which he does

hormagaunts vs everyone in typical order:
http://orokos.com/roll/627352
hit vs cass and hydrako
Cass gets a parry, per his stalwart defense ability, else he takes 17p3
hydrako cant parry, but he has his ff save
http://orokos.com/roll/627353
passed that as well.
vs the 1st squad:
http://orokos.com/roll/627356
pass, 4 mag damage, they only have 2 left

pyrovore moves up again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deaddmwalking



Posts : 57
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Thu May 31, 2018 6:21 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
You smell pretty like a girl.

But if you have higher DoS than damage, you can substitute it.

So help me understand my Degrees of Success. It's a thrown weapon, so that's WS, not BS, right? Or does it use something else like Agility? And to figure degrees of success I need to know all the bonuses for horde size and stuff. Is that still +60?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurkhal
Senpai


Posts : 64
Join date : 2017-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 am

Ok, so I think that that Prime wants another go of Smite. And well, I'll be happy to provide it with some chock. And I do got some dice to re-roll horrible Psychic Phoenomina rolls after all.

IC: Once more there's a energy that looks like electricity that sparks around Bleda before jumping to his sword and with another crack of lightning the same bolts flies to strike the Prime.

Action: Pushed Smite against Tyranid Prime

WP 92 (WP 57 + 35 from Psy Rating (now 7))
Roll: 30
http://orokos.com/roll/627428

Its going alright!

Damage

7d10 Pen 7
http://orokos.com/roll/627430

42 Pen 7 in damage to this guy. I wonder how much of it will be wasted?

Psychic Phenomena

Now for the fun part. Let's see if a Daemon Prince joins the party.

http://orokos.com/roll/627433

60 + 10 = 70, that's Tech Scorn...bad for us, very bad. In fact I'll use a re-roll for that one.

http://orokos.com/roll/627434

77 + 10 = 87 = Perils of the Warp

And it gets even worse, naturally.

Perils of the Warp

http://orokos.com/roll/627436

19, Soul Sear - Can't use psychic powers for the next hour and get some Corruption. Damnit, but at least I didn't like suimmon daemons, jammed everyone's guns or cause a reality quake or something...

Corruption

http://orokos.com/roll/627438

4 Corruption points for Bleda

That's how it goes when you play with fire like Bleda does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Thu May 31, 2018 10:35 am

Heath, I edited my IC to include new dialogue to Khol and added the biovore kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Thu May 31, 2018 11:59 am

Oh, also this -

Ambrose Dodge <20; rolled 15.
http://orokos.com/roll/627500

Guess who is getting hate-fucked with an assault cannon next round?

The Emperor Protex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
mruozu
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 311
Join date : 2017-10-21
Age : 29
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Thu May 31, 2018 4:05 pm

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:49 am

Gurkhal wrote:
Ok, so I think that that Prime wants another go of Smite. And well, I'll be happy to provide it with some chock. And I do got some dice to re-roll horrible Psychic Phoenomina rolls after all.

IC: Once more there's a energy that looks like electricity that sparks around Bleda before jumping to his sword and with another crack of lightning the same bolts flies to strike the Prime.

Action: Pushed Smite against Tyranid Prime

WP 92 (WP 57 + 35 from Psy Rating (now 7))
Roll: 30
http://orokos.com/roll/627428

Its going alright!

Damage

7d10 Pen 7
http://orokos.com/roll/627430

42 Pen 7 in damage to this guy. I wonder how much of it will be wasted?

Psychic Phenomena

Now for the fun part. Let's see if a Daemon Prince joins the party.

http://orokos.com/roll/627433

60 + 10 = 70, that's Tech Scorn...bad for us, very bad. In fact I'll use a re-roll for that one.

http://orokos.com/roll/627434

77 + 10 = 87 = Perils of the Warp

And it gets even worse, naturally.

Perils of the Warp

http://orokos.com/roll/627436

19, Soul Sear - Can't use psychic powers for the next hour and get some Corruption. Damnit, but at least I didn't like suimmon daemons, jammed everyone's guns or cause a reality quake or something...

Corruption

http://orokos.com/roll/627438

4 Corruption points for Bleda

That's how it goes when you play with fire like Bleda does.

Did you know that Smite is also a blast power that increases with the psy rating?
It didnt matter last round, but now Hydrako is in CC with it, and he cant dodge in the terminator armor. He has a force field rating of 35, do you want him to chance that?

Hes actually only 5m away, so it would hit all of you (and some gaunts as well.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Dodge for Lucius' biovore
http://orokos.com/roll/628932
Dude, these guys have to roll less than a 5, and he rolled a 3.

Termagants charging all, (shooting at Khol, who has better cover)
http://orokos.com/roll/628941
hit vs lucius and Serephan
I believe Lucius can parry that?
Elsewise, he takes 23p0 to body, reduced to 3 wounds total
Serephan will take 19 p0 to an arm, reduced to 3 wounds as well.
Now, they shoot (Desperatly) at the chimera's:
http://orokos.com/roll/628946
1 hit vs otho's, with a total of 2 damage

The prime will use lashwhip against Khol, who should have been able to conceal last round
Need to see if Insane is able to roll concealment first.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurkhal
Senpai


Posts : 64
Join date : 2017-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Gurkhal wrote:
Ok, so I think that that Prime wants another go of Smite. And well, I'll be happy to provide it with some chock. And I do got some dice to re-roll horrible Psychic Phoenomina rolls after all.

IC: Once more there's a energy that looks like electricity that sparks around Bleda before jumping to his sword and with another crack of lightning the same bolts flies to strike the Prime.

Action: Pushed Smite against Tyranid Prime

WP 92 (WP 57 + 35 from Psy Rating (now 7))
Roll: 30
http://orokos.com/roll/627428

Its going alright!

Damage

7d10 Pen 7
http://orokos.com/roll/627430

42 Pen 7 in damage to this guy. I wonder how much of it will be wasted?

Psychic Phenomena

Now for the fun part. Let's see if a Daemon Prince joins the party.

http://orokos.com/roll/627433

60 + 10 = 70, that's Tech Scorn...bad for us, very bad. In fact I'll use a re-roll for that one.

http://orokos.com/roll/627434

77 + 10 = 87 = Perils of the Warp

And it gets even worse, naturally.

Perils of the Warp

http://orokos.com/roll/627436

19, Soul Sear - Can't use psychic powers for the next hour and get some Corruption. Damnit, but at least I didn't like suimmon daemons, jammed everyone's guns or cause a reality quake or something...

Corruption

http://orokos.com/roll/627438

4 Corruption points for Bleda

That's how it goes when you play with fire like Bleda does.

Did you know that Smite is also a blast power that increases with the psy rating?
It didnt matter last round, but now Hydrako is in CC with it, and he cant dodge in the terminator armor. He has a force field rating of 35, do you want him to chance that?

Hes actually only 5m away, so it would hit all of you (and some gaunts as well.)

Of course I don't want to hit my own side. Would it be be possible to direct the power to Pyrovore 2 instead? He should be well beyond any and all distance that could result in friendly fire.


Last edited by Gurkhal on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Heath, the RF knocked the BIovore prone last round right? That should be a -20 to dodge attempts. Not sure if that plays into its fucking glorious roll of 3 or not.

Bulwark spec. ability: Parry <38; rolled 42! Damnit, so close. 3 more wounds to Lu. PC sheet updated.
http://orokos.com/roll/628992
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Heath, the RF knocked the BIovore prone last round right? That should be a -20 to dodge attempts. Not sure if that plays into its fucking glorious roll of 3 or not.

Bulwark spec. ability: Parry <38; rolled 42! Damnit, so close. 3 more wounds to Lu. PC sheet updated.
http://orokos.com/roll/628992

It was one of those "1-5 always pass with 0 dos and 95-100 always fail" miracle rolls. A further -20 wouldn't have made a difference. But it is prone.

Gurkhal wrote:
Of course I don't want to hit my own side. Would it be be possible to direct the power to Pyrovore 2 instead? He should be well beyond any and all distance that could result in friendly fire.

perfectly acceptable. Even with a successful dodge, the beast cant escape the blast radius.

And you cant use a reroll for a perils/phenomena test as its not a skill test. Tech scorn has to stay.
Ah jeez, all ranged weapons jam, including grenades.
Until Bleda's next turn, power weapons are unpowered, power armor is unpowered.
Looking at descriptions, Hydrako remains unaffected as the crux terminatus says its warded, and all relics will count as warded so his relic axe is unaffected as well.
Any questionable items will be handled one by one. While guns remain jammed, the unpowered stuff lasts ONLY until Bleda's next turn.
So....at the range of http://orokos.com/roll/629040
it hits everyone, including Ambrose, Makradon, and the guardsmen on the other piers.

Wounded pyrovore runs forward

warrior will run down pier number 2

rules for fighting with unpowered armor is on pg 163
Makradon is up on portside

now, prime vs khol's concealment
http://orokos.com/roll/629107
pass, but nowhere near enough to beat Khol's stealth test, he gets -30 to attack
-30/+10 should be its total mods
http://orokos.com/roll/629108
ok, he rolled an 8, damage is 18p3
its a flexible weapon so you cant parry, but you can dodge as normal
Failure means you take the damage and your trapped like hydrako.
he will also onslaught the exocrine:
http://orokos.com/roll/629109
passes, the exocrine can make another attack

Exocrime firing at Kareems chimi
http://orokos.com/roll/629110
rolled a 100, living ammunition means they cant jam, but automatic fail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 311
Join date : 2017-10-21
Age : 29
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Attempt to Unjam the Autocannon.

BS 60: 44, pass. Should be unjammed.
http://orokos.com/roll/629187

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurkhal
Senpai


Posts : 64
Join date : 2017-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:56 am

Sorry for the reroll on the psychic phenomena. I suppose its a house rule my TT group has been running with for so long that I've forgot its our house rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:40 am

Petition the boss man to allow it in future encounters? FP re-rolls are the Emperor’s way of saying he loves us.

Gurk - what do we need to do to get you on LINE with the rest of us?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Gurkhal
Senpai


Posts : 64
Join date : 2017-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:52 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Petition the boss man to allow it in future encounters? FP re-rolls are the Emperor’s way of saying he loves us.

Gurk - what do we need to do to get you on LINE with the rest of us?

Sent from Topic'it App

Will try to pentition the GM.

"Oh, great mighty Sylphilis Optimus Maximus! Will you allow your humble servant to re-roll PP and PotW rolls with FP re-rolls? Please, it would be really nice of you, especially if it could be rolled so we don't get the tech scorn thing...but if it would work in the future that would also be very nice."

I have no idea what would be needed to get my on pair with LINE. Probably a drastic change in the schedule of my daily life. But hey, if its free I can try to get it and see how it works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deaddmwalking



Posts : 57
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm

It is free. It is an app for your smart device (phone or tablet). It is called 'LINE'. It looks like a text bubble on a green background with the word 'LINE' inside of it. Once you've downloaded it, you create a user name/password just like you would for a forum. Then you tell us your username and we invite you to the cool groups (PbP Master, Deathwatch). And best of all, we have to stop talking about you behind your back (and start talking about you in front of it).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Gurkhal wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:
Petition the boss man to allow it in future encounters? FP re-rolls are the Emperor’s way of saying he loves us.

Gurk - what do we need to do to get you on LINE with the rest of us?

Sent from Topic'it App

Will try to pentition the GM.

"Oh, great mighty Sylphilis Optimus Maximus! Will you allow your humble servant to re-roll PP and PotW rolls with FP re-rolls? Please, it would be really nice of you, especially if it could be rolled so we don't get the tech scorn thing...but if it would work in the future that would also be very nice."

I have no idea what would be needed to get my on pair with LINE. Probably a drastic change in the schedule of my daily life. But hey, if its free I can try to get it and see how it works out.


No reward without risk.
But we had tried this in my IRL game and found it made it too easy to avoid this kind of stuff, esp with rite of sanctioning and the old warp conduit talents, there were almost no perils with this ability, and when you can single shot a tank with your mind, there should be a nominal risk.

Keeping the RAW on this one. If it was a game breaking issue, they would have changed in BC or OW or DH2.

EDIT: and we would love to bs over LINE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:37 pm

ok, need IC from makradon

need to know what Khol will do

and Hydrako is up. he needs to escape the lashwhip or not do anything. it takes either a 1/2 action -10 acrobatics test, or a 1/2 action -10 strength test.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2017-10-20
Age : 43
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 pm

OOC - Stow axe (Half Action), quick draw flamer, hose biovore and the horde (half action).

Hit roll https://orokos.com/roll/629440 = 19 vs * (its a auto hit for flamer so just rolling to see if I jam)
Damage = https://orokos.com/roll/629441 = 19 (Tearing), Pen 5, ignores natural armour, RF
RF = https://orokos.com/roll/629443 = 5!! (The target’s leg endures horrific burn damage, fusing clothing and armour with flesh and bone. The target suffers 1 level of
Fatigue and is knocked Prone. Reduce his Movement by half (rounding up) for 2d10 rounds.)
Mag damage https://orokos.com/roll/629445 = 7 (1d5+5 for my flamer)

IC

Albrecht cursed the biovore as it stomped out of the range of his axe and the termagaunts closed in. He could perhaps get to the large xeno but he saw an opportunity to also bring death on those that surrounded him. In a well practiced motion he slams his axe to a mag lock and brings his hellfire flamer up, the trigger depressed as he brings the nozzle clear of his position. Termagaunts and Biovore are drenched in flame, the special formula of the prometha designed to burn through their flesh with particular fury.

As the xeno burn a new hymn blares forth...
Unleash all my burning wrath
Xeno killing machine
Burn all who block my path
Hark the Emperors light, born of fire...


Last edited by Carnelian on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hydrako
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2017-10-20
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:22 pm

-10 strength test to get out = <80
Just to keep it moving and I have a moment in the bathroom at the pub.

59=2dos!
https://orokos.com/roll/629453

Do a half action attack with the glorious chainaxe for me me Syl!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mruozu
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 311
Join date : 2017-10-21
Age : 29
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:25 pm

IC: Makradon felt the disturbance. He knew that things were going to be a little tougher for the next few moments for almost everyone. His power armor wasn't acting right. It was dead. Despite this he pushes on, trudging up quickly next to Ambrose's autocannon.

If the armor wasn't working, then his autocannon probably had jammed up.

Makradon goes to work efficiently, speaking the words of the machine cult under his breath to try and placate them for what had happened. The Machine God would not be pleased with this affront. He'd need words with the psyker after this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2017-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:26 pm

half attack for hydrako:
http://orokos.com/roll/629638
fail bomb

the carnifex cant carry out any actions per stunned, but can he regen the agi?
http://orokos.com/roll/629639
he can, at 5 agi damage

for now, the horde will get a single AoO vs albrect with only the standard action mod. This is not the final rule though.....
http://orokos.com/roll/629651
failed

Carn, the flamer actually jammed on damage roll of 9, which is weird. No 'to hit' rolls are required.
The biovore gets a +0 non dodge test to avoid the flames:
http://orokos.com/roll/629652
he avoids it, but the mag damage still applies.

On serephan now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Ambrose IC:

Ambrose was soon to re-engage when he felt the dread psychic power wash over him like a cloud. "Kill the weird boy! It has corrupted m-m-my my sys-my systemsss...."

The iron death machine slumped forward slightly, completely powered down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2017-10-20
Age : 43
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Sylphilis wrote:

Carn, the flamer actually jammed on damage roll of 9, which is weird. No 'to hit' rolls are required.
The biovore gets a +0 non dodge test to avoid the flames:
http://orokos.com/roll/629652
he avoids it, but the mag damage still applies.

ah ok, weird as the Hellfire flamer does RF on a 9 or 10. Am I jammed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Iron and Metal
Admin
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2017-10-15
Age : 31
Location : Where the sun settles in its final location

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Hellfire rules should be amended for a jam on another number. 8 follows logic. Natural 1 seems logical too as it’s the shittiest roll.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   

Back to top Go down
 
Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc
Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Heart Collector - Deathwatch (Game Thread)-
Jump to: