A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blood Moon - Chapter 1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Marius wrote:
More curiously, the location of amputation, at the cubicus - er, elbow, sorry - is entirely healed over with no evidence of scar tissue which would normally form if the arm had been preserved post-amputation."

Felyx curiously turned his head at this point. Now this is very curious. It reminded him of something he had seen on the research orbital he had been born onto.

"Are we being sure then that arm was amputated? Maybe it was being grown? Lab. Clone. Creation."

Of course the medic would think removed while the Mechanicus-born would think grown.

Alistair wrote:
If we make it to the bridge, do you think, Felyx, you could learn more about the purpose of this ship and who was on it? Find some kind of ship log or manifest?"

Felyx nodded. "If some power is alive to machines, I can be reading to them and of them."

Donna wrote:
Yew sure yew wasnt born a female?"

Felyx smiled at Donna, knowing that this was some sort of joke only by the fact that she was laughing as she said it. The problem was that 1) he didn't understand the joke and 2) as a result he had no idea how to properly responded.

In the end he just smiled like a psychopath and nodded. "Yes. Mechanicus delivery biologists are not to making mistakes of sex. I carry a penis. You carry a vagina. This is how they are knowing difference."

+++

As they enter the ship properly, Felyx takes his position directly in the middle. He stood higher than the rest only because he was still using Servitor as a vehicle. As such, he could shine his stablight well above their heads and illuminate the way.

The plasma reactors puzzled him and his electoos glowed lightly under all of his cold-weather gear. The fact that he didn't know what they were truly excited the researcher.

Where do you come from, I wonder...

His hand gently touched against it and he immediately began cycling through information in his mind and the technical specs he knew. He had a hunch he was witnessing archaeotech and his electoos glowed a little brighter.

Servitor stood next to the plasma drive and on Felyx's command they began working through its control panel. Even without power to it, there was much that could be learned. Combi-tool in his right hand and scribe tines on his left, he aimed to learn everything he could.

"Very much being of interest. This. Very much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Despite his keen eye and rapt attention to his duty as rearguard, Marius saw nothing other than the motes of dust floating about in the darkness.

He mulled over what the mechanicus had said. Had the limb been vat-grown, perhaps? Maybe for the purpose of replacing someone's limb? He wasn't sure; it was extremely odd that that single fleshy bit had been found, alone, outside in the snow. Maybe he hadn't looked hard enough... there certainly could have been further remains more deeply buried in the snow. Given the somewhat surprising nature of the discovery, however, he only blamed himself briefly for the oversight.

Marius took his eyes from the hallway for a moment, distracted by the slightly increased glow that had eminated from the mechanicus, accentuated by his photo-lens. Maybe the odd adept had found something of interest. Marius shook his head and snapped back to his guard-duty; discoveries were hardly any good to dead men. His attention would be best spent on the task of ensuring they were alive to utilize their discoveries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:01 am

MmmTasteIt wrote:
Marius grinned, tapping the corner of his glasses, causing the lens to subtly alter in hue. "Glad to see that you too, Alistair, think it wise to avoid exploring the darkness unaided. I will follow your lead and 'watch your 6', as it were."

He looks to Donna after her comment; even the mangled dialect of low gothic present at Snope's did little to help him decipher her speech. But he could at least respond in kind.
"Oy, lav, wif tings bein' awl creepsy an' wut not, bes' keep it on da strai-n-narrow, if ya cash me drif, eh?"

She makes a pouty face, "Oui'm keep'n my nose clean. Don' yew worry."
Truth be told, she was jonesing for some slaught, but with supplies limited and not likely to be replenished soon, she would save it for when combat starts.

She licks her lips in anticipation.

Iron and Metal wrote:
Felyx smiled at Donna, knowing that this was some sort of joke only by the fact that she was laughing as she said it. The problem was that 1) he didn't understand the joke and 2) as a result he had no idea how to properly responded.

In the end he just smiled like a psychopath and nodded. "Yes. Mechanicus delivery biologists are not to making mistakes of sex. I carry a penis. You carry a vagina. This is how they are knowing difference."

She stifles a fake shiver, though it was cold enough to have been real.
"Theya yew go again tawkin awhl dirty an gettin me knickers wet. Oui don' suppose yew be enhanced in anyway tha's important?"" She jokes, knowing the "cogmun" wouldnt understand her meaning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am

-- [Entering the room] --

The barrel of the lasgun investigated the room. Alistair didn't like the how the room disappeared into the gloom, past the sight of his photovisors. This, this place is a nightmare to secure.

"Felyx, are we here for a while? Or are we heading on to the bridge?"

-- [After response] --

Alistair walks up to the big barbarian, lasgun held loosely his hands. This will be tough.

"Egill. We need to have words. What you did was stupid. If you want to take point, I'm happy for you to do so. But please, for the love of the saints, tell me, so I can organise the rest of us? You'll kill yourself and us if you keep running into danger without backup, and yelling 'cover my seven' doesn't constitute any plan that I know. Does this make sense?" Alistair stared at the big man though his rebreather.

"Look, you want to first? Sure. I'm even happy to cover for you. Just, don't go running off without letting us know beforehand, yeah? How about everyone else? Everyone is ok with Egill point, then Donna and myself, Damiel and Felyx in the middle, and Marius covering the rear?""
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Felyx buzzed. He literally began vibrating and shaking as the magnitude of what he was seeing, interacting with, and stepping upon began to settle on his psyche. A burst of techna-lingua, low in volume, but without pause spurted forth from the researcher. Under his heavy cold weather coat, and the flak armor beneath that, his electoos glowed bright blue.

+++++thisistheultimateMachineGodbePraisedOmnissiahYouhavechosenmeforthisHowcanIunderstandHelpmePraisebePraisebePraisebePraisebePraisebe+++++

He composed himself for a moment and looked over to Servitor. The cyborg showed no emotion in his features, of course, but he was the only one who could have understood at least on a spiritual level what Felyx had just experienced.

Breathing heavily, with a light sheen of sweat on his forehead, Felyx took a step back. He took in a deep breath and looked at everyone, making sure he had their attention. With a calm that took every single ounce of his willpower, he chose his words very carefully, the light blue of his electoos dimly illuminating the features of his face.

"This. Here. This ship. It is being pre-Imperial. Fif-fifteen to twenty thousand years of old. D-d-d..." He had to compose himself once more. He closed his eyes and took another breath.

"D-Dark Age Technology. It from Dark Age of Technology. Valuable beyond calculation."

Truly, he hoped that the significance of this find sunk into the minds of his fellow team mates. But he had his doubts.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Felyx was speaking funny, even for him.

"So? i's old. 'Ew cares. Lots a things are old."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Marius felt his heart jump at Felyx's announcement. Dark Age Technology. Though he'd never, himself, been in the presence of archaeotech, he knew it's significance. Word of technology from the Dark Age of Mankind spread like wildfire amongst the spires back home on Snope's, generating a flurry of activity amongst the noble classes, each hiring teams of professionals to go off an "acquire" the coveted objects.

And that was for small bits.

Donna wrote:

"But not this old, Donna," Marius said, his voice quiet, "and not this relevant to the interests of the Imperium. I'm not sure if it's old enough, of course, but... if it is... well, entire armies are mobilized at the mere hint of such pieces of archaeotech."

He paused, looking back down the hallway he'd been covering as if he feared being overheard. "It's not as if it was that difficult for us to discover this place. I have a bad feeling about it; the resident mechanicus would likely be most displeased if they knew that we were here but did nothing to warn us away from it. If they don't already know, we'd best keep it that way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Egill places a big hand on Alistairs shoulder and a smile starts to form, but then in a split second everything changes...

A look of surprise immediately followed by a bulging of cheeks and lips causes Egills hand to tighten its grip. At the same time colour drains from the barbarians face as he vomits over Alistair. Egill tries to turn away, but alas it’s to late.

His sword clangs to the metal floor as Egill then staggers away and doubles over hands resting on knees as he vomits and dry heaves the remains of their last meal...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 am

Donna backs away in repulsion.

"Wot the fuuk mun? Wot's yewr bloody problem? Bad grubbin? Fuuk! oui ate that pig shit too!"

She expected to toss her meal any second now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:30 am

Alistair flinches, and snorts in disgust as the vile liquid splashes across his chest. However, the disgust quickly turns to terror as it it sinks in who exactly just threw up.

"Psyker! Witchcraft! Everyone back! EVERYONE BACK!"

Alistair back pedals away from the shuddering figure on the ground, hands trembling as he lifts the lasgun.

"Careful, don't get close! Egill, stay down or I shoot!"

Alistair knew he should shoot, better safe than sorry, but he had never needed to execute a psyker before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:11 am

Marius had started moving as soon as he'd seen Egill's face blanche. Slinging his shotgun over his shoulder, he went down on a knee beside the heaving psyker.

"For feth's sake, Alistair, lower your weapon."
Marius looked extremely agitated. "Pretty sure it'd be obvious if it were witchcraft."

He places a hand on Egill's back and then two fingers on his jugular. "Just take deep breaths, Egill, and make sure to turn your head slightly if you need to vomit again; it's too early in the mission for the medic to be covered in bodily fluids."

As he counted off the man's pulse in his head, he squinted down at puddle of vomit in front of the man, looking for any evidence of blood or discoloration that wouldn't have come merely from the bile and protein gruel they'd eaten earlier. Satisfied that he'd gotten a read on the psyker's pulse, he fished a vial from his combat vest and gingerly scooped up some of the sick off the floor.

Briefly checking the various overstuffed pockets of the vest, he finally found his prize: a "discount" tox wand. Not the most sophisticated of the various toxin-detecting tools, but it'd at least give him a solid yes-or-no answer. He dipped the wand (ostensibly, an overlarge q-tip that had been soaked in some foul smelling chemical) into the sick with an expression of disgust. As he swirled it around in the vial of sick, he glared over at Alistair.

"I appreciate your... fervor in keeping our team safe, Alistair. But there's something to be said for morale. Though I'm certain any psyker sanctioned by the Holy Throne accepts that they may need to be executed, I doubt they would think run-of-the-mill gastrointestinal distress to be sufficient cause for said execution. I, for one, am more concerned that we may have been poisoned. I'd appreciate, in the future, if you directed your paranoia towards potential foes rather than our own."

He withdrew the tox wand, waiting for the tell-tale color change that indicated the detection of toxins in the psyker's vomit. He looked over to Donna and frowned.

"And for the love of the Emporer, Donna, are you just going to stand there and make asinine comments or are you going to invoke a modicum of professionalism and take up the rearguard now that your medic is occupied?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Egill stays crouched over while he composes himself at Marius' urging, breathing deeply, his legs slightly wobbly at his exertions. When he finally straightens he throws a weak smile at the medic and a simple "thanks."

Before gathering up his sword he unclasps his water bottle and takes a swig, swilling the water around his mouth before spitting it out. A bit of colour returns but the big man is still quite pale "Ya, I'm just feelin' nauseous, been a bit under the weather all day." he picks up the big sword and rests the blade on a shoulder and turns to Alistair "You were sayin' somethin'?"

He pauses briefly, his assumed mirth at pretending he'd not heard anything Alistair had said playing slightly on his face

"Ha, Ha!" He laughs although without some of his usual vigor "Look, I hear ya. What to say, I was at the door having already assumed point. I'd looked through the window and there didn't appear to be any danger." Egilll looks from left to right about the engine room "and there isn't any, at least for now, eh." he raises a hand to Alistair before he can get a word in "Look, I'm a warrior first and foremost and I can look after myself, so don't be assumin' cos' I've spent twenty years on Terra trainin' me mind that I don't know how to look after me-self. I'll pay more attention next time though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Felyx was speaking funny, even for him.

Felyx felt a wave of anger wash over him. He wasn't prone to such things, but the wave of ignorance in light of a find so spectacular dumbfounded him to no end. He was still thinking of a way to put into words his annoyance and the importance of such a discovery when Marius spoke. It was succinct. The medic seemed to get it. He cooled down at the realization that he was not surrounded only by people who thought with their guns and muscles.

Felyx resolve was rockrete. "We need to be continuing to bridge. We must to be knowing the more there."

He stood back on Servitor, confident that his erection had gone down enough to not put a hole into the automaton's back.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Damiel walked around the place cautiously, quietly. He had tried to keep his head down, but the feeling that he wasn't contributing was beginning to annoy him.

"Yeah, dark tech. Is it serviceable? I'm sure bringing back a new piece of tech would make the inquisitor a little joyed, not to mention Felyx looks like he's about the break his zipper." Damiel said with a point and a chuckle. "Sorry, we're all making the jokes at your expense. Let us know when you're done."

Damiel moved about the room, trying to not touch anything, but also looking for any obvious signs of interest: commonly opened doors, objects that look recently handled, etc.

When Marius talks about keeping their entry a secret, Damiel pipes up again, "Yeah, you think that this could be the archaeological dig? They wouldn't make it that obvious would they? I just hope to Throne there isn't a party of Hereteks waiting to blast us when we exit." He looks over at the back door quickly, just to make sure.

As Egill vomited, Damiel rushed in to hold his teammate. If it was anything psionic, his presence would soothe the sickened man. "Stay close friend. You won't like it, but it'll ease the sickness." He said, helping support the man as he gets back up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 pm

"No. The holy cogitator showed importance of dig site. That is where importance is being. This was not to be showed to me even one time by holy cogitator."

He made the sign of the cog in the air and calmed himself completely.

Emotions have their place.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Alistair breath came in short, sharp bursts, lasgun tracking the movement of Egill as he shudders on the ground. The gun flicks towards Marius as the medic moves in to assist, before flicking back towards the barbarian psyker.

"Damiel, could you.." Alistair started, voice buckling slightly under adrenaline, before realising the man had already started moving. "... Thanks" When the presence of the blank didn't elicit any noticeable reaction from either the psyker or the vomit, Alistair relax and lowered the weapon.

"All clear, I think." Alistair slumped momentarily, before glaring at Marius.

"By the Emperor, Marius, you think corruption is going to wave a sign? Symptoms can include sudden, inexplicable sickness. You should know this, or did your apparently non-existent guard training not cover pyskers? Throne, you threatened the safety of us and mission with your own 'paranoia'. Secure the situation first, then play chymist. Ah, feth this." Alistair raised his head in frustration.

As Egill stands and offers his backhanded compromise, Alistair looks at the man and nods once.
"That would be appreciated Egill. Thank you." Alistair then turned away and took position swaddled in half light.

"Lumped with a bunch of idiots and glory seekers." Alistair muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:15 am

As Damiel got closer and then physically touched Egill he felt the symptoms banish. Thrones, its the fething warp, my susceptibility to it. No wonder the Astropaths were in a bit of a wreak, Egill wondered what other delights were in store for him.

"Ha, now that is better"
Egill grasps Damiel's shoulder "It is the bleedin' warp thats causin' me sickness and me headaches. Feelin' a bit odd still - but perhaps thats yer blankin' powers."

"I'd be guessin' this is why the astropaths are such a mess after such a long exposure. Now the question is, is it just the general fluctuations of the warp that induced my sickness or is something going down."

"You'll no doubt be eager to go first, eh Alistair?"
Egill grins broadly at the guardsman
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Yesterday at 7:03 pm

MmmTasteIt wrote:

"And for the love of the Emporer, Donna, are you just going to stand there and make asinine comments or are you going to invoke a modicum of professionalism and take up the rearguard now that your medic is occupied?"

She didnt like his tone at all.
"Ew the fuuk said Oui was a bleedin professional? I ain' no soldier, Oui'm a killer. An unless louik wakin up dead, yew best be remembrin thawt next time yew feel louik tawkin down tah me."

She stares him down hard, wondering if the others needed a reminder and how willing an example Marius would be.
The only thing holding back her murderlust was the words of the inquisitor "I can make your pain last well beyond your death, so mind your leash."

She didn't know exactly what he could do, but had seen just a bit of what he was capable of. She feared little, but something about his threats made her not only fear for her life, but her mortal soul, whatever that may be.

Seeing the tension, she showed them one of her cold shoulders, "Well? Whawt are yew lookin at? Mind your own buisness."
She rotates her shoulders, loosening them up as she looks away from the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   

Back to top Go down

Blood Moon - Chapter 1
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Blood Moon - DH2 Playtest (Game Thread)-
Jump to: