A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blood Moon - Chapter 1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 18, 2018 9:50 am

[In the Shrine Room]

Felyx gave in to the machine. This was not his first communion, but the connection here was remarkable. Working in tandem with Servitor had opened the ritual to a new height and he knew that there was information here that could only benefit his mission.

Omnissiah - guide me - show me - help me understand this place

He waited patiently for the garbled techna-lingua to become a solidified voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 18, 2018 10:03 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
[b][In the Shrine Room]Omnissiah - guide me - show me - help me understand this place

The spirit goes quiet momentarily. Soon afterwards, images and feelings cascade at a breakneck pace through Felyx's neural circuitry, too fast to comprehend any single moment, but coming together to form a bigger picture.

The impression is that of appreciation and admiration tinged with frustration and disappointment, all in one.

A great work is underway. A sense of majesty and a euphoric rush at the promise of new knowledge, of milennia-old secrets uncovered...it is breathtaking to Felyx. An endeavor of the utmost importance to the Omnissiah and to this particular spirit.

And yet...it falls short of its potential. The agents fall short of the ideals. Personal failings and petty motivations bubble to the surface, threatening the progress of the work......unforgiveable sins to this spirit.

[Roll an awareness check. +30 modifier.]

EDIT: [per your success on the awareness roll]

In contrast to other machine spirits you have communed with, you feel and notice that this spirit runs white-hot with passion and zeal, for knowledge as well as the glory of the Omnissiah. What was at first awe-inspiring is now almost concerning. It seems somewhat reckless - possibly even unstable.

Herschel Brahe - Q'Sal Magister Immaterial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Felyx keeps a close, particular watch on the zeal radiating from the machine. It was refreshing and at the same time disconcerting.

While he communed, his fingers began to move in the sacred patterns and rhythms that had been taught and instilled into him over decades. Something was wrong here, and he needed to know exactly how wrong it was.

EDIT: Machine Spirit... our communion will end soon, but I will return. Guide me. Allow me to carry out the rightful will of the Omnissiah that I may not falter like those here who have come before.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat May 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
EDIT: Machine Spirit... our communion will end soon, but I will return. Guide me. Allow me to carry out the rightful will of the Omnissiah that I may not falter like those here who have come before.

The machine spirit flickers more images and sensations throughout your mind. They circle around a few concepts...

A cave in a snowy hill, protected by a metal door....

An epicenter, a key player in fate....that appears to be one and the same with the Magos, Artelinus Tilaris....

...and a overarching malaise, an external, intangible force of will, twisting fate to its own machinations.....

After imparting these concepts, the recedes, pulling back and going quiet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat May 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Egill entered the room where the Astropaths lingered. He'd a few thoughts, they'd either be more likely to resist whatever had happened here; their minds hardened by their training or because of what they were more were susceptible to it. A win-win situation for him.

He stands before them legs splayed and arms folded. His big sword poking ominously over his back "Excuse me. Just passin', but thought it would be rude to ignore fellow psykers without sayin' 'ello'."

Egill left it at that for now, keen to see if they display the vacant mannerisms of some others they'd come across.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat May 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Carnelian wrote:
[color=#00cc00]"Excuse me. Just passin', but thought it would be rude to ignore fellow psykers without sayin' 'ello'."[/color

There are three astropaths in the bare chamber. One of them is sitting on the floor, back against a wall. His head is in his hands, pulled down between his knees. He is utterly silent. Another sits in a metal chair, staring forward with a dead-look in his eyes, arms hanging limply at his sides. His hand twitches slightly every few moments. He is also drooling.

The third, a woman, turns to look at you, jumping slightly as you enter. She has a paranoid look in her eyes, and is scratching her arms excessively. Her arms look rather red, and her nails have even worn through the skin at a few points. She backs away cautiously, glancing at the others, then back at Egill.

"Ummmm....hello."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat May 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Inwardly Egill sighed, they were under whatever malady affected the majority of the inhabitants of the research station. Emperors wrath! He should just end them all now, corrupted as they were, willing or not. He stayed his eager hand, his claymore remained sheathed. For now.

"You seem distracted brethren. The Emperors light guides you, yes?"

Despite being of barbarian stock Egill was not stupid, he would tease answers from them. There was always his sword...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat May 19, 2018 5:54 pm

[In the Shrine Room]

Felyx ended the Communion on a prayer of binary that gently floated off of his tongue. He wished he could have done more. He took in a deep breath and replayed the last images the holy machine had showed him. It all centered around the Magos.

The Magos and that dig site.

He needed to convene with the others. He quickly stepped aboard Servitor and rolled toward the bunks nearby.

+++

[With the Team]

He spoke, but only after a thorough search of the quarters for any type of recording devices. He finished recounting his communion with those present with a sigh. His chin was cradled in his still human hand, electoos glowing almost in sequence with his heartbeat. He was thinking.

"Magos Artelinus Tilaris is being central. The site of cave. The zeal of machine..." He was lost in his thoughts and speaking, quietly, out loud.

He waited to hear what news the others brought. When they mentioned going out he protested.

"It is not being wise. Night one - all eyes looking to us. 14 feet - too many noise. Like servitors being to sneak. Bad. I think staying here, sleep in shift, this gives to us protections. In the morning, we trek to snow covered building not one of them bothered telling to us about. Cannot blow cover so soon."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun May 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Carnelian wrote:
"You seem distracted brethren. The Emperors light guides you, yes?"

The woman who replied to your greeting nods. "My brother, I would lay down my life in a heartbeat for the Emperor. I bow before his eternal glory..." She shakes her head. "...but the Emperor's light does not shine on this cursed world." She commences scratching her forearms again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 22, 2018 2:35 pm

[With the Astropaths]

The big man chuckles and tries to remain nonchalant. "Cursed?" He wondered if they just meant the weak barrier, the closeness of the warp - that could certainly affect the dreams of those who are sensitive. Or would they admit to something else. "whatcha mean by that?"

Last edited by Carnelian on Thu May 24, 2018 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 am

-- [In communications room] --

"Roger that. Thanks for sitrep. I'll keep you updated with progress here. Ground team out."

Alistair cancelled the call, and nodded thanks to Nogrim again.

-- [Team bunks] --

Alistair frowns in concentration as Felyx explains his logic.

"Well, If you think that's wise. In that case, let us organise to do some surveying in the morning. It will give us something to do. Shall we head out towards that building we saw?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 24, 2018 2:27 pm

[Team bunks]

The logic of Felyx made sense to Egill, they'd only just got here. Lets see what we can see before rocking the boat, no matter his desire to start swinging his sword. He nods to the mech-priest "There is a saying amongst me people 'Do not shake the tree to hard'. Those are wise words to begin with, but when that fails...he left his words hanging but made a deliberate nod to the sword hilt visible over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Carnelian wrote:
[With the Astropaths]

The big man chuckles and tries to remain nonchalant. "Cursed?" He wondered if they just meant the weak barrier, the closeness of the warp - that could certainly affect the dreams of those who are sensitive. Or would they admit to something else. "whatcha mean by that?"

"If you haven't felt it already....you will soon, my friend."

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 24, 2018 5:09 pm

[With the Team]

Felyx looked quizzically at Egil and then slowly began to nod. "Yes. Yes. Right. Because if your are to be shaking to it very much, then the Kathuuliopendicus Allamaxium climbs to you and eats to your face. Yes. I have been hearing of this tale before."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 24, 2018 11:16 pm

[Team]

"Dew awhll trees have such long named shits in 'em?"? she asked the techpriest.

Turning back to the discussion on the hidden building, she speaks.
"Does 'is mean were going t'break in? Please o' please? A good hiest 'll get moui blood runnin it will."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 25, 2018 10:12 am

[With the Team]

Felyx nods matter of factly. "Yes."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 25, 2018 5:25 pm

You all settle into your respective bunks and quickly fall alseep after the eventful, long day. With a shifts and watch order nailed down, someone dutifully watches and listens for any strange occurrences throughout the night.

The night passes without further event. You do, however, all have terrible nightmares.

Spoiler:

You wake up feeling....less tired but certainly not refreshed. It seems no one actually got a good nights rest. Perhaps it was the nightmares, or the interrupted sleep...

The base seems to be in much the same state as it was the night before, with the crew members milling about and doing the same weird shit as last time. Norgrim and the Magos both seem to be gone, and one of their snow crawlers is also absent.

The trek to the structure takes you a couple hours. The sky is still clear, and the purple-blue star paints all the snow a strange hue. To the northwest is some cloud cover. A light wind blows snow particles about as you trudge onward. The jagged peaks of the valley provide some shade, as if you were walking in the wide open mouth of some giant.

From the ground, you wouldn't notice anything different about the area - it just looks like a long, narrow hill. But your coordinates from the scan are true, and as you wander around the other side of the structure, you spot some metal plating. It looks as if some overhang or area jutting out above the ground has left some portion exposed.

As you move in closer to investigate, it appears that this is a sizable lander. It's a freighter of some sort that touched down on the planets surface. Only a small portion of it is left exposed and uncovered by snow, but there is a metal door there....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Felyx rode Servitor rather than using his legs and wasting precious energy. The snow was thick, but the treads once again proved their worth.

He did not lead. No, that was far too risky a proposition. He simply guided when necessary. It was his planetary scans they were following, after all.

He was surprised that it was a lander rather than a free-standing structure. That made things all the more interesting.

One thing he knew for certain was that no matter how much his curiosity demanded, he would not be the first through the door. Second or third, sure.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Nightmares.....

You dont live a live of wanton violence and drug fueled debauchery without having a few, a lot actually.

Sometimes the most disturbing nightmares where the violence was gone; no more street gangs, no more battles over territorial gains. Here, the slums and ghetto's she had always lived in were but a child's fairy tale. In its place was a life of privlidge and luxury.

This was not one of those dreams.
This dream was full of the ultra violence, blood, killing hatred and senseless violence.
Through a blood haze, she recalls evisceration and showering in the blood. Enjoying the terror on others faces was a pleasure as she butchers and pirates the belongings of others.

She wakes up, feeling more well rested than the rest.

"Whawts got yew awll down chums? Is time to go break some rules issit nawht?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murcurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 am

Damiel tried to keep his distance from the others, though the close quarters and forced curfew made his desires to be less of a burden moot. He decided to take first rest, and take watch for the morning. His sleep, however, was burdened by his dreams.
+++
"...Oily hair, pasty skin... Muscular development lacking... Cognition low... The child won't survive."

Damiel feels a weight on his chest, heavy, but it flows like water. He opens his eyes to a bright light. He's on a table, unable to move though there aren't any restraints. He's looking at his father, and what looks like a doctor.

His father shakes his head. "I didn't expect him to. It's a shame, really." His dad leans forward, placing a hand on Damiel's small chest. He leans on it, forcing a gasp for air out of Damiel. "Is there anything we can do?" He asks the doctor.

Damiel stares up at his father with pain in his eyes, tears well up on his face as he struggles for breath.

The doctor places a consoling hand on his father's shoulder before grabbing a scalpel and a jar of viscous, muddy liquid off a desk. "We may be able to help him... if we give him a soul."

Damiel convulsed, twitching as he lost consciousness. His father moved a second hand to Damiel's throat, and the doctor took the lid off the jar of fluid and got closer with the scalpel. "Relax kid, you don't want me to damage anything important..." He said with a smile.

Damiel blinked slowly as the man touched the scalpel to his skin. As he let out a murmuring scream, he realized his father's touch felt cold on his skin, but that was normal, he thought.
+++

Damiel woke with a gasp, clutching at his throat and looking around. "Sorry. Sorry." He apologized to the others as he caught his breath. "Let's uhh. let's rotate watches." He said, looking at no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun May 27, 2018 6:52 am

Alistair stood on a hill, looking over the valleys of his Homeworld. Mist swirled across the landscape, the natural fog extenuated by the wisps of a dreaming mind. An unspoken presence stood behind his shoulder, waiting patiently to be recognised. Turning, without turning, Alistair looked at the figure before him. A man, cloaked in hazy details and an aura of familiarity, bowed his head and asks, "Save me Niall. Save me."

"I don't understand." Alistair communicated in the manner known to dreams.

The man repeats his plea, with more fever. His hand reaches for Alistair, and sharply comes into focus. Revealing his arm as a pulsating fleshy limb, smouldering ichor dripping down the scything claw that had replaced the hand. Horrified, Alistair took a step back, and fires the weapon that suddenly appeared in his hands. The man disintegrated under the barrage of las bolts and Alistair sighed a breath of relief.

"Save me Niall. Save me."

With a whisper, another figure formed in Alistair's periphery. The nagging familiarity of the figure's features contrasted with the soft clatter of mechanical parts hidden.
"Save me Niall. Save me." The figure lunged towards Alistair, torso bursting into a flurry of threshing blades and whirling hooks. Once again, Alistair flinched and fired purely on instinct.  Once again, the figure disintegrated into nothing. And once again, a whisper heralded another familiar horror.

"Save me Niall. Save me."

"I am saving you!

-- [At submerged ship] --

Alistair lifted his photovisors briefly and rubbed snow and sleep from his eyes. The chilly walk had woken him up, but a couple more night like that, and he'll be sleep walking. Still, they had work to do.

"Well, Ladies and gents. We've got a crashed lander, which could mean many things and we need to check it out. It might even be the source of the creatures Nogrim mentioned. So, I want everyone on their toes. I'm going to pace a perimeter, see if there's anything noticeable nearby; I don't want to be ambushed. Marius and Damiel, walk with me. Felyx, see if you can figure out as much as you can without going inside, also unlock the door if needed. Egil, I dunno what you do, but see if anything tingles those psyker senses of yours. And Donna, make sure the other two don't die. Seem reasonable?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun May 27, 2018 5:18 pm

[With the Astropaths]

"You refer to the weakness of the veil or something else, out with it?" Egill had quickly become frustrated with the Astropath, he tried to keep that in check but was not one for any subterfuge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 28, 2018 11:50 am

Donna pulled her cloak tighter. It wasn't much for clothing, but she could easily shed it if things got nasty, and she hoped it would be soon.

"Oui'll kill whatevah comes outt a there oui will." she says enthusiastically.

She checks her autopistol and her chainsword, making sure both were within easy reach in case.

The she steps forward close enough to counter attack if something rushed out the door, but not so close to impede the guys opening it. Knee high snow crumched underfoot with each step.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 29, 2018 8:56 am

Felyx waited for all of the combatants to unholster their weapons and make them ready just in case something went sideways. For his part, he pulled his man catcher off of his pack and had Servitor hold on to it while the two of them moved closer.

"Of interest this. Not same modeling as lander on tarmac." He moved forward and inspected the "door." The closer he got, the more details he took in. A make, model, and year would be infinitely helpful in piecing together why and how this vehicle had come to be crashed here.

When it was clear nothing was going to jump out and tear his head off, he started making preliminary checks on the entry port. He pulled out his auspex and ran a quick scan. The results were less than helpful, but that was neither here nor there. A multikey appeared in his hand and he went to work unlocking, but not opening, the side entryway.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 29, 2018 9:34 am

Carnelian wrote:
[With the Astropaths]

"You refer to the weakness of the veil or something else, out with it?" Egill had quickly become frustrated with the Astropath, he tried to keep that in check but was not one for any subterfuge.

"The weakness of the veil....and all that lies on the other side. Save yourself. Leave here. Now." She starts whimpering and sits down in a chair nearby.

Iron and Metal wrote:
When it was clear nothing was going to jump out and tear his head off, he started making preliminary checks on the entry port. He pulled out his auspex and ran a quick scan. The results were less than helpful, but that was neither here nor there. A multikey appeared in his hand and he went to work unlocking, but not opening, the side entryway.

A resounding click comes from the door. With some application of force, it appears the door could be shoved to one side into the hull. It's a sliding door, and it looks as it is something of a port where personnel could enter and leave the ship at orbital docking stations. Probably not the primary entry point, but an auxiliary one.

The hull door and surrounding hull is also rusted considerably. It looks as if it has been here for a long, long time, and in some areas is covered with several inches of ice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 29, 2018 9:53 am

Felyx took a step back, placing his instruments in their proper places as he did so. He then grabbed the Man-catcher in two hands.

He smiled and gestured to the door as if to say, "Viola." But he was clearly not going inside first.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 29, 2018 1:18 pm

[The Astropaths]

Egill wanted to press further but this was perhaps not the time to be more forceful with his questions. For now he was just a fellow concerned psyker, so best to leave it at that "I will take heed of your words and fortify my mind, but my explorator team do not intend to tarry here long so I hope to not experience what you have."

With that Egill leaves and returns to the cells bunks.

[At submerged ship]
Egill stood with Donna, his weapons holstered for now as he was unsure which he would need - besides he had another weapon what would not need to be drawn from a sheath or holster should he need it.

He listens to Alistair's proposal, it seemed sensible so he didn't question it other than to reply "It will take me but a moment". At that Egill wary of the warning of the Astropath reaches out with his mind to see what there was to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Donna stood motionless, save for the shivering.

ONce before she had delved into coolant towers with some juves to gun down some punks who thought they would be safe after disrespecting her gang mates.
The metal had been coated in a sheen of ice and they had trouble with footing. More than a few deaths were cause by unintentional slips that day.

While the snow wasn't slippery, the cold was much worse. They should have just built whatever that stuf was here-no need for coolant towers.

"Whatevah yew do, do it quick eh?Its bluttie cold out here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 30, 2018 11:33 am

Theoretical wrote:
Well, Ladies and gents. We've got a crashed lander, which could mean many things and we need to check it out. It might even be the source of the creatures Nogrim mentioned. So, I want everyone on their toes. I'm going to pace a perimeter, see if there's anything noticeable nearby; I don't want to be ambushed. Marius and Damiel, walk with me. Felyx, see if you can figure out as much as you can without going inside, also unlock the door if needed. Egil, I dunno what you do, but see if anything tingles those psyker senses of yours. And Donna, make sure the other two don't die. Seem reasonable?"

It's hard for Alistair to tell what the "perimeter" really is, as the ship is heavily submerged in the rolling snow drifts. However, he walks a reasonable distance around the ship, taking about 40 minutes to perform a full survey without wasting the day.

He notices two things: some distance away from your route to the vessel, There are some tracks leading to the top of the "hill" (snow drift piled atop this vessel). Near the zenith, it leads to a small, man-sized hole that goes down to an open hatch in the craft.

Secondly, Alistair notices a bluish-gray object out of the corner of his eye. Upon closer inspection, it appears to be none other than a human arm sticking out of the snow....

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm

Felyx fidgeted with his man catcher. He looked spastic, but he practiced the thrusts and parries that he had learned over the years. Truth was, he was shit. But, he didn't let that stop him from getting better. People who had that mentality were often prone to laying down and dying.

On their fat posteriors.

He realized no one was moving on the door.

"Team, I am apologizing for if my gesturing was being not of the clear. I have hacked to the door's systems of security. Unlocked now."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 31, 2018 12:55 am

Egill draws his Claymore "Right then, out me way", the barbarian gets to the front and shoves the door open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:20 pm

With a smug grin, hidden behind his rebreather, Alistair pointed out the two items of interest to his compatriots.

"See, this is why we look around first. Marius, do you think you could have a look at that body piece over there. It may shed some light on why we're here. I'm going to see what kind of tracks we have, then I'll come over and help with the dead guy."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:58 am

"Finallie" she says through chattering teeth.

She draws the autopistol, seeing Egill draw his massive pig-sticker. Now it was time for her to pull everyone's weight.

She's enters right after him. The best human shields were the ones that wanted to be...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:57 am

-- Dark Dreams --

Fire. There was nothing but fire. Everywhere he ran, Marius found himself faced with another roaring wave of the flames, oddly shimmery, almost sparkling with eldritch wisps of pink and blue.

Finally, he spun to face a door, ornate and bedecked with a crest of 9th spire, except it was overlaid by a bright, glowing symbol that shifted, all the while burning itself onto his retina in dazzling patterns. He went to shoulder through the door, but it flung itself open as he approached. Staggering into the room, the conflagaration roaring behind him, the door slammed itself shut, the sound echoing slightly in the sudden silence and stillness of the Lord's bedchamber. Marius' gaze was inexorable drawn to his left, sighting a massive, meters wide mirror.

Look

The voice oozed through his consciousness. Limbs disobeying the rising panic in his mind, he strode towards the mirror, his reflection approaching him in turn. He gazed upon his tortured form, numerous wounds bleeding from the ministrations of the ritual's practioners.

As he looked on in terror, the blood from his wounds seemed to retreat into his wounds, and they cauterized before his eyes. Gazing at his now scarred but healed form, his eyes widened as a smile crept across the reflection's face.

Witness

His reflection began to shimmer and contort, skin blistering from no apparent flame.

Know

The voice slid through his mind, raking his nerves. The reflection's skin began to crack, steam whispering out from the fissures in it's flesh. He looked into It's eyes, pits of midnight from which he could not escape, seeing a dim but brightening light in their depths.

KNOW

The fissures suddenly detonated outword, the cracked skin appearing to impace the glass, turning it into an explosion of razor-edged sharpnel that engulfed him. For a moment, each shard of the mirror reflected a single, unblinking orb that burned with an unholy inferno.

MINE

Marius sat bolt upright, sweat pouring from his face, wispy hair matted across his forehead. As he sought to reign in his labored breaths, he whispered a prayer to the God-Emporer, thanking him again for the salvation He'd seen fit to bestow upon him.

No, he assured himself, not anymore. Never again.

-- Crash Site --

Huddled in his carapace, drawing the far-too-thin cloak that he'd brought on the trek closely to himself, Marius' eyes were already upon the partially exposed arm.

"On it, Alistair." He trudged over to the arm, inspecting the limb for damage beyond, obviously, the nigh-mummification that had resulted from the bitter chill of the planet. He reaches into one of the many pouches of his combat vest and pulls out a scalpel and shears for the flesh and remaining garb on the corpse, respectively. He then began to gingerly sweep aside snow to reveal the rest of the corpse.
Medicae Check:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:23 am

Carnelian wrote:
Egill draws his Claymore "Right then, out me way", the barbarian gets to the front and shoves the door open.

You enter into an airlock, then a hallway. The air is frigid, damp, and stale. Icicles hang from some portions of the bulkheads and ceiling. The metal walls are rusted and corroded in portions, and the floor even gives a little under your feet every now and then.

The way to the left is blocked by a door that looks pretty securely locked. A blast door, if you will. To the right, the hallway leads on for some ways, with another, thinner door on the left. A window in the thin door overlooks a large, open room. The window is frosted and difficult to see through, but you can see large, dark objects of some sort inside.

The hallway continues on for some distance into darkness and the murk past the thin door.

MmmTasteIt wrote:
-- Crash Site --He reaches into one of the many pouches of his combat vest and pulls out a scalpel and shears for the flesh and remaining garb on the corpse, respectively. He then began to gingerly sweep aside snow to reveal the rest of the corpse.
Spoiler:

The first thing Marius notices is that the arm looks surprisingly fresh, as if it has not been exposed to the elements for more than a day or so, at the longest.

As he begins to poke at the arm and dust off the snow, he realizes with a sickening sensation that it is disembodied. There is nothing past the forearm. Oddly enough, there is no blood in sight. Most bizarre is the fact that the skin seems whole and unpunctured near where an elbow might have been before - the arm just ends, with some shriveled, wrinkled skin wrapped around where the forearm bones would normally hinge on the elbow joint.

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am

Curious.

Marius bit his lip slightly, his anxiety rising. The "corpse" was not what he'd expected at all. Rather than being a frozen, mummified limb, the arm was still fresh, albeit frostbitten. It couldn't have been out in the elements for more than a day or two. As he sought to uncover the elbow, he unintentionally drew blood from his own lip, startled by the discovery. Where was the rest of him? And how had the arm come off at all? There was no evidence of blunt trauma, cutting, burning... anything that would have indicated how it'd have been removed. And the removal site was, for all intents and purposes, "healed". As he turned to address his team, he noticed that he was all alone in the frigid wasteland.

"Can't blame them, I suppose, it's bloody foul out here." He paused for a second, then, hoping the sound would be masked by the howling winds of the tundra, removed the hand with his chainblade. He then made for the open door, wrapping the wrist-stump in some fabric from his medi-kit as he went.

Entering the airlock, he reported his findings. "It seems our unfortunate ice man has been... disarmed." Marius' little smile crept onto his face again. "So let's not follow his example. Might want to keep your weapons out and your eyes peeled."

"And before you ask," he gestured to the macabre object was carrying, "just an intuition. I thought it might come in handy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Egill pauses in his cautious advance up the corridor at Marius' return and listens intently to his report, he cannot help a loud chuckle at his final joke. 'handy', the guy is a comedian

He did wonder at what use a severed hand would be, perhaps it could open a door. The comedian was either smart or a weirdo. The inquisition attracts all types.

Egill turned back to the frosted window, he guessed it was going to be iced up on both sides, but a better idea of what was beyond is worth a try. Resting his blade on his left shoulder he tries to scrap off the frost with his gloved free hand and then takes a peer through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:58 pm

Donna though it might be a modicum warmer inside compared to outside. She was chillingly disappointing.

'Ewwwed put an icebox in a frozen wasteland? Bonkers luv's."

Her autogun was already out and waiting, as much as she would like to feel the warmth of blod, she didnt want to move any of her frozen joints more than she had to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Felyx moved in after the first two had ventured inside and not died screaming. Content that all was clear for now, he stood back on Servitor, man catcher resting across the drone's back and stablight in his right hand. Once they got inside, he took a nice long look at everything.

In particular, he was looking for a cogitator, or anything he could plug into and find out more information about the ship itself: name, designation, crew, mission.

"I am needing a pit for cocks or room for control."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Upon examining the tracks, Alistair can tell that it looks like several footprints - boots. Hard to tell the exact number, but it appears to be the tracks of somewhere between 3 and 5 figures have passed this way at some point or another since last snowfall.

Carnelian wrote:
Egill turned back to the frosted window, he guessed it was going to be iced up on both sides, but a better idea of what was beyond is worth a try. Resting his blade on his left shoulder he tries to scrap off the frost with his gloved free hand and then takes a peer through.

Egill can still barely make out any details, but from his best approximation, it looks like something of an engine room...cabling like webbing and piping runs between large, towering columns.

Markings on the hallway indicate that the fore of the ship leads in the direction away from the obstructed hallway and your point of entry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:15 am

"Humans. Recent. Interesting..." Alistair straightens his legs and looks around. With a nod to Damiel (If he is still around), Alistair plodders back to where he left Marius and the arm. Pausing, noticing the man was gone, and sighing in exasperation.

"Like herding a bunch of juvies."

-- --

Retracing the steps to the entrance to the ship, Alistair is again greeted with the lack of his team. The entrance wide open and faint murmurings gave clue to the location of his wayward crew. They never stay where you put them. Adjusting his rebreather and photovisors, Alistair enters the airlock. Lasgun forward, checking doors, relaxing once he notices the rest of the team.

"I thought we said to wait till we had secured the location! Well, I guess you haven't gone too far inside. So, there's evidence of other people entering this lander recently. There's another hatch on the top of the lander that they have been using. Marius, anything interesting about that arm? And have we figured out anything from the ship?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:15 am

Marius turns to Alistair, having finally stashed the hand in a larger pocket of the combat vest. Removing his pack of lhos and lighter, sparking one of the coffin nails, and taking a drag, he ponders the question for a second. Clearing his throat, Marius began his report with a previously unseen air of professionalism:

"There are three points of interest regarding the cadaver. Firstly, rigor mortis present in the limb, which begins a few hours after death and lasts a maximum of 4 cycles. Coagulation of blood in the limb leads me to believe it's been outside for 2 cycles, maximum. Secondly, there is no cadaver; the limb is the only part of the body present, with no associated clothing or uniform. Thirdly, means of amputation unclear. There is no evidence of cauterization, blunt force trauma, or laceration that would have removed the limb. More curiously, the location of amputation, at the cubicus - er, elbow, sorry - is entirely healed over with no evidence of scar tissue which would normally form if the arm had been preserved post-amputation."

He pauses. "More practically speaking? It's fecking creepy and whomever it belonged to was here pretty recently. Be on guard."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Alistair blinks. "That is creepy. Well, eyes up people, we have creepy people recently in this area, and possible access to the ship. So, any plans on what do to? If we make it to the bridge, do you think, Felyx, you could learn more about the purpose of this ship and who was on it? Find some kind of ship log or manifest?"

-- --

"Well, we should figure out some kind of formation for traveling through this place. I'm happy to take point, these photovisors will handle the darkness. We'll need someone covering point, another taking up the rear, and all the non-combatants in the middle. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Felyx moved in after the first two had ventured inside and not died screaming. Content that all was clear for now, he stood back on Servitor, man catcher resting across the drone's back and stablight in his right hand. Once they got inside, he took a nice long look at everything.

In particular, he was looking for a cogitator, or anything he could plug into and find out more information about the ship itself: name, designation, crew, mission.

"I am needing a pit for cocks or room for control."

"Cockpit for control eh? Yew sure yew wasnt born a female?" she chuckles, letting Alistair take the lead with his fancy goggles.

"Ouim gonna cawl yew specs." she remarks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 am

Marius grinned, tapping the corner of his glasses, causing the lens to subtly alter in hue. "Glad to see that you too, Alistair, think it wise to avoid exploring the darkness unaided. I will follow your lead and 'watch your 6', as it were."

He looks to Donna after her comment; even the mangled dialect of low gothic present at Snope's did little to help him decipher her speech. But he could at least respond in kind.
"Oy, lav, wif tings bein' awl creepsy an' wut not, bes' keep it on da strai-n-narrow, if ya cash me drif, eh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:43 pm

I will go first. Watch your six. What is six? I be seven, its more ya. Egill bristles a little. I Egill Skallagrimsson is first, first with the guts to open the door to this ship and first to open this door also!

While he wished to prove himself the one thing the Astra Telepahtica had taught him was restraint. So while it was he that was going first, he also did not plan on dying.

"Whatch my seven" he bellowed as he opened the door. He hoped 'seven' meant him, some place behind. Watch my back, right? But seven was better than six that much was obvious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:20 am

"Saints preserve us" Alistair breathed, frustration evident.

"Donna, you and I cover Egil. Marius, stay in the hallway and watch the rear for now. I don't want Egill's ego to kill us all."

Alistair moved deliberately through the door, lasgun following his eyesight as he swept the room. He'll make sure everyone is safe first, but if he can't get the team to work smart and safe, then it will fall on the Emperor to keep them safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:18 am

You enter onto a stone catwalk that runs along the perimeter of the wall before descending a set of stairs downwards to "ground" level. The room is cavernous, quite open with a high ceiling. The staircase and the walls have a distinct gothic style, granting the room the feeling of a grand cathedral.

Having entered from a door near a corner, you cannot even see two of the opposing walls in the murk and gloom. A thick layer of dust covers everything, floating into the air whenever you make a step.

The towering structure of a plasma reactor looms before you, intricate with machinery and power conduits.

Felyx carefully studies the structure. "This is design unfamiliar to me."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 am

Marius smiled at Egill's boldness. He was rough around the edges, sure, but his enthusiasm for serving the emperor was apparent. He simply hoped that that enthusiasm wouldn't lead them all meeting the emperor.

"Right, Alistair, I'll take the rearguard. No self-respecting guardsman would turn down such a generous offer."

He slung the rugged (some might say battered) pump action shotgun from his shoulder and chambered a round, the unsettling image of the disembodied arm continuing to plague his mind. It was a small thing, but something about it had put the medic on edge. Covering the corridor, he delicately tapped his glasses a second time, cursed under his breath, then a third, and waited for his eyes to adjust. He always forgot that they were "on/off" only, what he wouldn't give to have more precise equipment in such situations. Fortunately, a life within the hive had helped him adapt to rapid changes in lighting, and details quickly sharpened in the gloom.
Awareness Test:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Egill stepped through into the... well it looked like an engine-room, so thats what he'd call it until corrected. Being on point carried responsibilities so he glanced back to see whoever had his 'seven' "Its tha engine-room." he whispered.

Egill paused at the top of the cat walk and looked about at the machinery. There was nothing that warranted the attention of his sword as far as he could tell so he was content to let Felyx and co. have a look about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   

Back to top Go down

Blood Moon - Chapter 1
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next