A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blood Moon - Chapter 1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Marius did his best to steady himself and measure his breathing during the descent. No need to let the choppy descent nauseate him; he wanted to be sure he was sharp for what was potentially hostile territory.

Upon landing, he sprang to his feet to gather up his gear, beaten out only by Donna, whose already unpleasant features were tinged a less than pleasant shade of green. Noting the inclement weather, he quickly shed his dirty chirurgeon robes and began to don the mis-matched carapace armor that he'd acquired. The more of it he had on before the landing bay opened up, the better. He cracked a half-smile as he donned the ahnd-me-down carapace. Sure, it wasn't pretty, but he was thankful to have it; his prior experience with patching up members of the Arbites had finally paid off.

"Yes, yes..." Marius mumbled, "quite the paradise, Luthor. I'll be sure to pick you up a souvenir."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:56 am

Egill kept his eyes closed through out the decent, the damp cloth not helping at all, but his headache as least distracted him from the bumpy ride. Alistairs pills would kick in soon he hoped. As the lander hit the ground Egill rose from his seat and smiled grimly as he saw the hostile environment outside – looking at his companions attire it was as he thought, he was best prepared to deal with it. Zipping up his survival suit to protect him from the insidious cold and harsh wind he was ready to go.

There was an incessant buzzing noise coming from the cockpit though that made his head thump “Can ye turn off that fething noise” he grumbles at Luthor “if we’re being hailed we best answer it yes?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Carnelian wrote:
There was an incessant buzzing noise coming from the cockpit though that made his head thump “Can ye turn off that fething noise” he grumbles at Luthor “if we’re being hailed we best answer it yes?”

"Sure thing, grumps. Just making sure the air is breathable before your friends out there asphyxiate." He turns and smiles. "Don't worry, all looks clear." He reaches forward and flicks a few switches. The beeping shuts off before a clear voice comes across the vox speakers.

"To the crew and passengers of the Vita Brevis - greetings and welcome to Remus-5. Please identify yourselves and the nature of your mission."

Luthor chuckles and moves out of the seat, stretching his arms and neck.

"One of you can say hi. I'm goin' for a smoke."

Herschel Brahe - Q'Sal Magister Immaterial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:01 pm

As the chill fills the Arvus, Donna pulls the robes she was given tighter over her battle ready frame.

Her autopistol hung snugly underneath her robes by her hip. Her chainsword slung across her back. She was antsy to murder people again, she smiles twsitedly again. Now her violence was legal under the authority of the inquisition, she didnt need to avoid the law, she was the law, and a law much higher than the corrupt arbites who brutalized gangs in the underhive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:50 am

Felyx approached the vox and politely held out his hand until Luthor handed it over. He listens carefully to the transmission and immediately replies in Techna-Lingua.

+++Greetings and Blessings of the Omnissiah be upon you. I am Tech Priest Felyx-080 of the Ordo Explorator. My team and I have been tasked with geographical cartography of this sector. Initial planetary scans revealed this research facility and it seemed the logical point for set down. My relief at seeing a Mechanicus vessel on the landing pad is many, a true blessing from the Lord of Sacred Oils, Lubricants, and Ungents.+++

He awaited reply. There was no use in coding his name; he highly doubted the crew here had access to highly classified Inquisitorial logs regarding his name. Besides, the best lie was the one founded in truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:14 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
+++Greetings and Blessings of the Omnissiah be upon you. I am Tech Priest Felyx-080 of the Ordo Explorator. My team and I have been tasked with geographical cartography of this sector. Initial planetary scans revealed this research facility and it seemed the logical point for set down. My relief at seeing a Mechanicus vessel on the landing pad is many, a true blessing from the Lord of Sacred Oils, Lubricants, and Ungents.+++

+++Omnissiah's blessings upon you as well, brother. I am pleased to hear the voice of brethren. I am Tech-Adept Norgrim Zuriel, chief of staff and second-in-command at the station.+++

+++For the sake of our holy research on this moon, do not approach or disturb our excavation at coordinates at 82.8628°S, 135.7352E. Please let me know if we may assist your geographical survey in any way.+++

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:56 am

[still figuring out my techna-lingua color] +++82.8628 degree S, 135.7352E; Understood and acknowledged. We will not intrude on your operations+++

Definitely going there. Also no invitation to come inside the research station. He thought.

+++Tech-Adept Norgrim Zuriel, my team and I humbly request an audience with the head of your facility. An understanding of the land, flora and fauna, potential hazards, from the local population is the most logical and practical first step before mapping+++

Felyx looked at Luthor in between bursts of crazed Techna-Lingua and smiled widely and gave a thumbs up as though it were his first time doing either gestures.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
+++Tech-Adept Norgrim Zuriel, my team and I humbly request an audience with the head of your facility. An understanding of the land, flora and fauna, potential hazards, from the local population is the most logical and practical first step before mapping+++

+++The Magos would be pleased to meet with you and your team to brief you on Remus-5, Felyx-080. I will confer with him shortly.+++

+++We would be honored to host you at our humble facility before your survey. How many are with your team?+++

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Secrets.

Marius fidgeted. Despite the cogboy's enthusiastic gesturing, it was always slightly unsettling and grating to hear rapport between members of the Mechanicus. It didn't help that he hadn't the slightest idea how to parse their language; in the many variations of gothic Marius had heard through his travels there was at least the semblance of a familiar cadence, even if the content of the dialect was inscrutable. But the priests? Nothing, no clue.

But one thing was certain; the audio logs he'd heard had a sinister quality that wasn't at all present in the current conversation. For all intents and purposes, it sounded like a "normal" exchange between worshipers of the Omnissiah. This was... concerning. Why would he have been called on otherwise? Was his... "unique" background and experience unnecessary on this mission?

Inadequate.

Marius grimaced. No, he could still be of use. He would be sure of it. For now, though, he could only send his prayers to the God-Emporer and hope that the cogboy was more... eloquent in his native tongue than in gothic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:10 pm

The ride down was uncomfortable, similar to some of the guard training Alistair had been subjected to. It was with some relief that Alistair exhaled as the Arvus landed on the ground. Collecting himself, and watching his team scramble out of the Arvus, Alistair checked his equipment, donned his re-breather and photo-visors, and walked slowly down the Lighter's ramp.

Experienced with biting winds, and frosty temperatures, Alistair was ready for the temperature drop. The air was chilly, but that was to be expected. The team had been provided with winter gear, and Alistair's drab flak armour and combat vest covered the warm padded clothes. Even so, this moon was cold and bleak, blue-white landscapes instead of the dark and dreary marshes and snow capped forests of his homeworld.

Might have to do something with the armour colours. Alistair mused, It'll be hard to disappear otherwise.

With a shrug, Alistair started to his job. Staying far enough away from the edge, careful of sudden strong winds, Alistair paced around the landing pad, observing and scrutinizing the landscape, keeping an eye out for any man made signs.

"Be careful, we don't know this world, or it's perils."
He called out to the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:53 am

Tightening the last strap, Marius exited the lander and took stock of the landing pad. Lord Emperor, it was bitterly cold. Fortunately, the mismatched carapace still prevented the biting winds from cutting into his skin, his face notwithstanding.

"I hope the Tech-priests aren't overly chatty today." he said to Alistair; loudly to ensure it carried over the sound of the wind. "I'm not much for 'the great outdoors', I'll take the cover of ceramite and plasteel any day over this nonsense."

Unsure whether the banter would merit a response from the grim soldier, he added "Everything seem normal? Or, at least, secure?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:29 am

+++One less than the Mysteries of the Cult Mechanicus+++

Felyx of course referred to the 8 Mysteries of the Cult Mechanicus. Anyone working under Mechanicum members, even understudies and adepts, would be familiar with the core tenants of the Machine Cult. Thus, there were 7 members of the party - Felyx purposely left Luthor and his servitor out of the count.

+++The honor is ours. Blessings. Felyx-080 over and out+++

Felyx finally stopped smiling at Luthor and walked back to the cabin. The door had been opened and it was a fantastic reminder to don his cold-weather gear. A chill ran up his spine and into his neck and face, causing his electoos to light up sequentially. The effect as a pulsing electric blue. It wasn't the weather of course. No, this chill was that of pure excitement.

To see new people and places, chart new territories, root out any perversions of the faith Mechanicus and see them killed... truly, that was the life of a member of the Ordo Explorator.

He realized he was still smiling and quickly covered his face with the rebreather unit Torquemonda had given him.

"Your expert advices are being quite goods, Alistair soldier."

Felyx rolled up, literally using the servitor as a chariot. Two small reinforced steel footholds allowed him to stand while he held onto the service-unit's back. Its treads were well-suited to deep snow, so it was the most logical course of action. Why waste precious calories and energy when the ever-slaved could do it for you?

Felyx interrupted the conversation between Marius and Alistair without any trace of understanding social cues.

"We are having meetings with head Magos. Told to them size of our party minusing Luthor pilot and service unit. Don't worries about not knowing how to be speaking as beautiful as mine own skills are being. Mechanicum nerds are also being to speaking Gothics."

He had picked up that word on the Hive and had been very eager to use it. When he saw his opportunity, he took it without hesitation.

+++
LINK: Mysteries of the Machine Cult
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:53 am

Mission Leta stepped off the lighter, deeply breathing in the cool, dry air. Something about this moon felt...off. Unperturbed, she decided to recite a prayer to remind herself and the rest of her team that the Emperor's light reached across all of the galaxy, even this forgotten, frozen world.

"Love the Emperor
for He is the salvation of mankind.
Obey His words
for He will lead you into the light of the future.
Heed His wisdom
for He will protect you from evil.
Whisper His prayers with devotion,
for they will save your soul.
Honour His servants,
for they speak in His voice.
Tremble before His majesty,
for we all walk in His immortal shadow."

She smiled, the feeling of faith and loyal observance warming her against the frigid wind.

She took a few steps toward the path to the research station.

"Shall we?" Leta turned around to look quizzically at her companions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:03 am

Alistair paused in his lap around the landing pad. The 'good doctor' was trying to chat. Now probably wasn't the best time, but the pad seemed safe enough.

"Well, honestly, I'm not comfortable here either. Not too many mountains back home. Don't know what's normal. Seems secure enough. I'll know more when we get to walk on the ground more." Alistair's voice came muffed from the gas over his mouth. With a shrug, Alistair walked towards Felyx and the base's entrance.

"Well, it still might be best that you do most of the talking Felyx. Nerds do like talking to nerds and you are the boss."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:33 am

You make your way down the metal stairway from the landing pad. A path winds down a low hill toward the research station, highlighted by markers and a rope cord. Though it's less than a mile in distance, trudging through the deep snow makes it take about twenty minutes.

As you near the research facility, a small door on the side opens up and a figure swaddled in heavy snow gear steps out and ushers you inside the building. Once inside the vestibule, they pull back a headwrap to reveal a mildly augmented cranium.

"It is a pleasure to meet your party in person. I am Nogrim Zuriel." He extends a hand forward, smiling lightly.

He then turns toward Felyx, making the cog sign above his head.

+++A pleasure to have you with us, Brother. I look forward to discussing your geographical endeavors. Blessings of the Lord of Sacred Oils and Ungents upon you.+++

"If I may, I invite you to join me in our so-called "mess hall." Our provisions are humble but may refresh you after your journey. There we may await the presence of the Magos."

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am

Felyx, astride his loyal servitor, returned the sign of the cog above his head.

+++The pleasure is returned. Blessings be, Nogrim Zuriel+++

He studied the figure closely. Logging in what he could into his memoral capacitors. He would not miss a thing.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Norgrim looks like an ordinary human save for the mild augmentations in his skull. His face is non-descript, plump, and a little ugly.

It's tough to see whether there are more augmentations beneath his faded black robes. However, a few of his fingers seem to be adapted for easy access to data ports. He is probably 30ish Terran years in age, with close shaved black hair and some stubble.

"Follow me, please."

He leads you through a cramped passageway into a small room with a round table. You only get a glimpse of the research station, but from what you can tell and what you each have seen of mechanicus facilities, it looks...surprisingly normal. Nothing obvious is amiss.

He offers you seats at the table and produces bowls of some gruel from a refrigerator at the other end of the room, as well as some fresh (if funny tasting) water.

"Well, while we await the Magos, why don't you tell me more about yourselves and how you found your way to this icy moon?"

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Wed May 02, 2018 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 02, 2018 1:57 am

Donna was about to drink the water when she got the taste. She was still nauseated from the trip and the water would not sit well with her at all. She discretely spits the water back into the container.

She kept quiet when asked about their history. She wasn't too smart, but she was smart enough to know that she wasn't smart. She would leave the talking to the others for now, until it was time to throw some threats around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 02, 2018 5:26 am

It was good to have his feet on the ground again, his head still bothered him but for now he was on the job so time to focus. Find the heresy and bring justice in the form of his big sword. With that in mind he brought a particular skill set to the team, so time to start his own special investigations. Stepping away from Damiel to keep his mind as clear Egill briefly slows his pace as he concentrated, opening his mind to the warp.

The immaterium came quickly to fore, and he immediately sensed the weakness in the veil - the barrier between real space and the warp was very thin here. Other than that ominous fact he sensed nothing else, no anomalies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 02, 2018 11:01 pm

Felyx-080 took a few moments to observe Norgrim, paying particular attention to how he poured the sustenance and the composition of the gruel itself....

...everything seemed fine. The gruel was a simple protein, carbohydrate paste that fulfilled the very basic needs of human physiology. Furthermore, Norgrim seemed to be acting completely normal. In fact, the urge to burn the entire premises to the ground, starting of course with Norgrim, was fading away,

Felyx took a spoonful of the gruel and swallowed it. Sure, it may have been people at one time, but why waste a free meal?

"Why don't you telling to us your story, Norgrim? Ours story is so borings; go here. Survey this. Map that. Bah. The same old story a million times, yes? Be telling to us your story, friend."
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Alistair wolfed down the gruel like a man who had been without food too many times. Faster it goes down, less likely to think about what's in it. Alistair mused. Meal finished, Alistair observed the table, and the room that he found himself in. Small, utilitarian, very mechanicus. No indication of why they were sent here. Time to do some more investigation.

"Excuse me, Tech-priests, if I may. Firstly, thank you for the meal, it was... efficient. Secondly, as Tech-Priest Felyx mentioned, we are here to survey the moon. As I am tasked with the surface navigation of the project, I would appreciate it if I could talk to someone from your security detachment. It would ease my task if I could obtain preliminary data on any dangerous creatures or perilous terrain on this moon. With your permission, tech-priests, I would excuse myself and talk with them now. It is efficient to do so."   Alistair was leaning heavily on the tone used by guardsmen when talking to civilian officials, combined with some tech-priest babble. At least, that's what he hoped he was doing.

"I would also request directions to said security detachment member, and the presence of one other member of the team to collaborate any information I obtain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 03, 2018 1:47 am

She turns to Allistair, she hoped he would pick her. The idea of being cooped up in the shit-stocked cafeteria.

She didnt hold her breath; it was likely the only member who didn't hate her was Egil, and he was probably more like by the others than her.

She kicked her feet, shaking off the last of the icy sleet from the landing pad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 03, 2018 9:28 am

Theoretical wrote:
"I would also request directions to said security detachment member, and the presence of one other member of the team to collaborate any information I obtain."

Norgrim offers a smile.

"I am head of security, my friend. I would be happy to provide you with a brief rundown of dangers in the nearby area - though I cannot speak to regions outside of a 25 mile radius from our facility here."

He clears his throat and takes a sip of water from the table.

"Avalanches and deep snow drifts are common in the area. It is quite easy to step onto an area that looks like solid ground only to find yourself sinking 10 feet or more into a powder...if you are alone you may not be able to climb out or extricate yourself before you perish of exposure. Carry hiking poles to test the snow. Tred softly and slowly. There is little else to be done to keep safe from these hazards.

As for wildlife...we have lost much of our crew to some aggressive local creatures. We have not identified the beasts, nor have we been able to trap or kill one for study. My men have reported that they have multiple limbs and enough strength to rip arms and legs clean out of their sockets. I see you are armed...be ready to use your weapons. They tend to ambush us in mountain passes and during heavy snowfall, and can easily blend into the surrounding scenery with their white fur.

It goes without saying that this is a perilious world. I would not recommend you survey it or linger here any longer than absolutely necessary."

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Felyx listened intently, not blinking once. Eventually he remembered that people were uneasy with too much uninterrupted eye contact and forced himself to shut his eye lids together. Oh, how he longed for at least one bionic replacement - always taking in, analyzing, watching.

Finally, he nodded. "Ripping the arm off, you are saying? Hmm. How did you combat to these animals? Flame units? Stubbers? Energy weaponry? If we are to encountering them, we would be needing the knowledge of how to best be attacking to them."

He finished his gruel and contemplated. "I am still being interesting in hearing to your stories, Norgrim security head."
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Alistair wrote:
...and the presence of one other member of the team to collaborate any information I obtain."

Marius looked up from his gruel. His suspicions about the... "sustenance" remained, but he'd been unable to taste anything off about it. Nor place the odd taste of the water...

He waited for a pause in the tech-priests discussion, then added, addressing the group:

"I'll take a wander wif Alistair, if 'ats alright". And dun worry 'Boss'," he added with a wink, letting his hiver inflection creep in, "I'm shore we won't find nuffin' at'd get in da way of your research."

He paused, then ventured: "Ey, er, Nogrim, right? Der anyfing hardy nuff to survive on dis here snowball? Might be da sorta fing that has medicinal uses, if ya hear me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Egill picked at the food, his continued headache had sullied his normally large appetite while he listened to the conversation. This was not what he expected as everything seemed normal, while he wasn't sure what he was expecting to find it was certainly not normality. Why would the inhabitants shun contact if all was normal? There was something more insidious at work here he mused.

That thought took him to the closeness of the warp he'd sensed - such a situation could cause all manner of worrying effects and many not obvious to the natural eye. Was that that was causing his headache?

Egill pushes his half eaten bowl of gruel away and leans back in his chair. Opening his mind to the warp he stares intently at Nogrim for a moment to see what there is to see...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 07, 2018 12:06 am

Alistair winced internally. With the head of security here, his bluff had been stymied at the inception. The  Emperor must have a different plan, or something else must be turning the wheels of fate. Still, the information Nogrim was providing was mildly useful. Alistair fished scrap paper and a marker out of seemingly random pockets, and proceeded to take notes.

Avalanche. Snow drifts. Carry poles? Dangerous animals!! Ambush creatures. intelligent?

"Thank you tech-priest Nogrim. Your information is much appreciated. With your permission, I would like to converse with you later. There are many further questions you have raised. I shall not interrupt tech-priest Felyx's request any further." Alistair nodded to Nogrim, before turning to the team. "My apologies. I shall not be wandering, as there is no need. Perhaps we can stretch our legs after we meet with the Magos."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Finally, he nodded. "Ripping the arm off, you are saying? Hmm. How did you combat to these animals? Flame units? Stubbers? Energy weaponry? If we are to encountering them, we would be needing the knowledge of how to best be attacking to them."

He finished his gruel and contemplated. "I am still being interesting in hearing to your stories, Norgrim security head."

"Unfortunately, we have yet to identify any truly effective method of combating these creatures. We are only armed with basic slug and las weaponry...on some occasions it has been enough to drive them off, but it is by no means a reliable defense."

He polishes off his own bowl of gruel and sets his bowl aside.

"We have seen precious little flora, but that is by no means our research focus."

"My stories? Well, I've been an archeologist for the mechanicum for several years now. I specialize in studying lost human colonies, and..."

He is interrupted by heavy footsteps from the hall and the door being opened forcefully. A heavily augmented mechanicum figure enters. Though shrouded in red and black robes, the few exposed portions of the figure are all bionic. They stand nearly six feet tall, though that's accounting for their severely hunched posture. They have a large bulge in their back and thick, bulky limbs. It approaches Norgrim and fixes him with an unwavering gaze. Norgrim clears his throat and looks away.

"Visitors do not require full biography, Zuriel. Food and water sufficient."

The figure pivots to regard the group. Optical visors click back and forth between various modes. They take their time before introducing themselves. Their voice is robotic and raspy.

"I am Magos Artelinus Tilaris. Greetings to all. You requested my presence?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Felyx-080 stood at the Magos entrance. +++Magos Artelinus Tilaris the pleasure of your arrival is all mine. Well-oiled blessings to you. Ordos Explorator Felyx-080, at your service, in service to the Omnissiah.+++

He quickly switched to Gothic. "Please be giving forgiveness to the Norgrim Security Chief. I asked to him about his story and obediently he was giving to me it."

He had already put many pieces of information away for further use.

Stub and las weaponry only (allegedly); Incredibly durable and violent fauna (allegedly); Archaeologist & Head of Security? Lost Human Civilizations (priority information - coincides with dig site - restricted access - most likely point of foul play?)

"I and my team have been given task to explore and to make scan and map of this moon. As this is being the best place for having sustenance and replenishment, it is also being to the best locale for suitable starting point toward our endeavors."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 08, 2018 6:36 am

+++Blessings of the Omnissiah upon you, Felyx-080.+++

The Magos regards every member of your party once again in turn.

+++We will host you. We will feed you. Understand you and your party are subordinates under my jurisdiction while present at my research site. Access to excavation site is strictly forbidden. You all to follow any order from my team. Acknowledgement required.+++

The Magos pauses. His frame freezes for a moment before a shudder runs through his body, mechanical components clacking and clicking together.

+++Norgrim show you sleep quarters when you desire. I have 4 minutes and 36 seconds remaining for further communication with your team, Felyx-080. Any requests requiring my attention must process now.+++

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 09, 2018 6:57 am

Alistair leaned over to Nogrim.

"My apologies. I do not have the knowledge to understand your language, and I feel I cannot contribute much to this discussion. Perhaps you could show some of us around? I certainly would like to know if there exists a different exit. I find the launch pad to be quite high, and unsuitable for any ground level surveying we need to do. If you have any maps of the surrounding area that you would be willing to share, that would also be appreciated."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Those bodily shivers... the odd speech pattern. What could it mean?

Most versed in Techna-Lingua would have missed those subtleties. Not Felyx. Something was off.

+++*Appreciative* Your hospitality has been noted and your rules will be adhered to. *Question 1* Referencing your team, for purposes of general survey of structures, how many crew work this facility and any surrounding facilities. *Question 2* What is the normal on-site time for your crew before rotation off-world//If indefinite, how often are you restocked with supplies? *Question 3* Are there any other sites of interest you and your crew may have noted but not been able to explore? *Final Question* Is the dig site off limits due to contamination or natural dangers of some sort//Configuring need to stay a certain amount of distance away.+++

He stood patiently, his face a blank mask as to better speak and understand the esoteric language.

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Wed May 09, 2018 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 09, 2018 3:45 pm

"Shame, 'at is, but tisn't the mos' pressin' business we 'ave 'ere." Alistair sighed. "I'm wiff Alistair on dis one; we dun want ta be wastin' your time, Nogrim, since your all busy and wut not. I fancy not gettin' chomped so some direction would be 'preciated, if ya could."

Marius pondered the situation. There was no indication of any odd happenings, and the tech-priest had been relatively helpful, considering the circumstances. He wasn't much for the idea exploring the "chilly" exterior of the base, and searched for a way to avoid the inclement weather.

"Might be wurf mentionin', Nogrim sir,"Marius added after a moment, "I'm no slouch when it comes ta stichin' folks up who been friendly wif da locals, it it needs doin'. Provided me mates here don't keep me too busy, o' course. Jus' lemme know if it comes up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Donna was about to reply to Damiel when the Magos came in. Now there were 3 buzzing bozos, it was about all she could handle.

"Oui'll be wit Ali on dis one. If he be going for a jaunt, 'e may need 'elp feedin' off all da wildlife n' such."
She looked back at Nogrim, almost pleadingly, though he wouldn't have caught the notion.
"tell me there's wildlife 'ere that ain' too friendly?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Wed May 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
+++*Appreciative* Your hospitality has been noted and your rules will be adhered to. *Question 1* Referencing your team, for purposes of general survey of structures, how many crew work this facility and any surrounding facilities. *Question 2* What is the normal on-site time for your crew before rotation off-world//If indefinite, how often are you restocked with supplies? *Question 3* Are there any other sites of interest you and your crew may have noted but not been able to explore? *Final Question* Is the dig site off limits due to contamination or natural dangers of some sort//Configuring need to stay a certain amount of distance away.+++

+++Our crew is adequate for our research. Restocked with supplies approximately every Terran year. Crew replenishments included with routine restocking. We have scanned and surveyed the planet for other structures but are focusing on our current site as our biggest priority. Dig site is prohibited to unauthorized personnel due to the highly-sensitive nature of an archeological dig. Excuse me. I have other matters to attend to. Norgrim will see to your needs.+++

The Magos abruptly turns and walks out the door.

Theoretical wrote:
"My apologies. I do not have the knowledge to understand your language, and I feel I cannot contribute much to this discussion. Perhaps you could show some of us around? I certainly would like to know if there exists a different exit. I find the launch pad to be quite high, and unsuitable for any ground level surveying we need to do. If you have any maps of the surrounding area that you would be willing to share, that would also be appreciated."

"Of course. I will give you a brief tour of our station and show you to your quarters. I believe the Magos was just about to leave, anyway."

Sylphilis wrote:
"tell me there's wildlife 'ere that ain' too friendly?"

Norgrim raises an eyebrow at Donna. "None too friendly, Donna. None too friendly..."

"Follow me, please."

Norgrim takes you on a brief tour of the station.

Here's the map I'm going off on the station. Just keep in mind that not every marker on the map is accurate, given that I'm taking some liberties for game purposes and to "40kify" things. Consider the floor plan accurate, however, if not the designations of the rooms.

Norgrim walks you through the main corridors, showing you some snow crawlers in room 19. A lone servitor is milling about, tinkering with a snow crawler. Theres a shrine to the omnissiah in room 16, where a lone tech adept prays. The restroom is in room 14, and your quarters in the top room 10. Theres bunk beds, so plenty of room for everyone to sleep in. He instructs you that rooms 12 (both 12 rooms on the map) and 13 are strictly off limits, being research laboratories. Authorized personnel ONLY.

"The Magos would be most displeased to find anyone in the laboratories..."

Through the corridors and in the rooms, you see random tech adepts and serfs walking about or working on something. You see roughly 10 individuals in all, not counting the Magos and Norgrim, though there's likely more behind closed doors.

It is now dusk. Looks like you have a couple hours left of sunlight at most. Once Norgrim has shown you around, he bids you goodbye and says he has some matters to attend. He lets you know you're happy to make yourself comfortable in your quarters before scuttling off down a corridor (though if you have any last questions or comments for him, I'm sure he can stick around for a moment).

Of course, feel free to make awareness checks on anything you see, but keep in mind that most doors throughout the station are closed save for when someone is exiting or entering, so tough to peak in anywhere.

EDIT: I should clarify - norgrim and the Magos were both openly packing heat. Norgrim a modified las pistol, the Magos with some rare pattern of plasma pistol.

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 am

Donna rubbed her nose at a tickle, only to find she had a nosebleed.

"Eh wot?" she says as she attempts to rub the blood away, and instead smears it all over her lower face.
"Issa DT's it is. Nawt nothing t'worry about."

She would need a basin to clean her face, but seemed content for now to let the dried blood be.
It made her scarred face even more sadistically menacing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 10, 2018 3:14 am

Egill quickly sees that there is no warp taint on Norgrim but then it was perhaps hard to see anything of the Tech Priests aura – more so than the average. Egill could see that even though he was not skilled in reading the aura themselves. He was about to withdraw his ‘sight’ when something else niggles him, causes an ‘itch’ in his mind. Something, somewhere had slipped through, he was sure of it. Lowering his eyes he keeps to himself as the tech priests go about their business. He was keen to inform the team, but only once they were alone.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The barbarian shakes his head at Donna as she smears blood across her face, he lets out a booming chuckle. “Yer doin’ it wrong lass. Don’t smear it so – ya could have used it fer some effective war paint – properly styled. My people, as in when I lived in a mud hut used blood to paint our faces before battle. Intimidate our enemies.” He nods enthusiastically at the warrior woman. She was a crazy one fer sure.

Turning away from her and glancing about to ensure the team were alone he lowers his voice to a whisper “I’ve been poking about” he taps his temple with a knowing look on his face “There are a few things of note. One, the barrier between real space and the warp is very weak around here, been sensing that since we arrived. Two, that Norgrim metal priest is very hard to read, more so than usual, almost cloudy. Three and it is no more than a feeling at this stage that ‘something’ may have broken the veil – not at this station, but somewhere…” Egill accompanies that worrying announcement with a shrug “I’ll keep an eye out”
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 11, 2018 6:01 pm

+++*Pleased* Expectations exceeded. Carry out the Omnissiah's holy work without further disturbance from my team, Magos.+++

Felyx followed Norgrim, still opting to ride on the back of his servitor rather than walk. If there was a more efficient way of gaining an extra six inches of height in order to survey everything better, he couldn't think of it.

Once in the garage [Room 19], Felyx inquires once more. "Norgrim security chief, I am still being curious for my researches, what is total number of staff?" He has his dataslate out and is making notes.

He snaps as though he almost forgot. "Servitors also, if you pleases. Must be thorough otherwise I would not being good Mechanicum Explorator. Oh, is my gothic being understood? +++Is a switch to Techna-Lingua necessary to promote proper and just understanding of the nature and content of my queries?+++"

He takes a moment to observe the servitor and the snow vehicles. On the way back to the room, he takes more than a few moments observing the shrine to the Omnissiah.

Finally, he asks Norgrim just before he leaves, "What times does the station shut down, lock it up, turn it off? Same question for waking up to be starting work?"
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun May 13, 2018 2:34 am

Scouting a research facility wasn't a normal occurrence in the life of a guardsman, but keeping one's eyes open for danger signs was a skill guardsmen seldom forget. Trying hard not to seem unduly inquisitive, Alistair took in as much as he could.

The garage was a place of interest, you could learn a lot about someone by looking at the tools they use. Quickly looking over the garage while Felyx spoke to Nogrim, Alistair then moved forward to ask Nogrim a question.

"You guys use these to travel to the dig site? I haven't seen a vehicle like this before."
Alistair offers, moving closer to the vehicle. "I would have liked to bring our own surface vehicle, but cargo space was an issue. What's the operational range of one of these, and how easy is it to drive?"

At this stage, Alistair examines the snow crawler, looking for signs of anything weird from the surface of the frozen moon.

"Well, it's a shame, but we didn't pack our own, so I guess we'll have to walk!"

-- --

As they are shown the shrine, Alistair makes the sign of the Aquila and bows slightly. With a furtive glance, Alistair's eyes flickered over the tech-priest and the shrine room. He wasn't expecting to notice any minor mechanicus heresies, but any sign of why they were here.

-- --

As the tour finished, Alistair leaned over to Nogrim and asked, "Excuse me Tech-priest Nogrim. Do you have a communications console and I would I be able to check in with our pilot?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Sun May 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Once in the garage [Room 19], Felyx inquires once more. "Norgrim security chief, I am still being curious for my researches, what is total number of staff?" He has his dataslate out and is making notes. He snaps as though he almost forgot. "Servitors also, if you pleases. Must be thorough otherwise I would not being good Mechanicum Explorator. Oh, is my gothic being understood? +++Is a switch to Techna-Lingua necessary to promote proper and just understanding of the nature and content of my queries?+++"

Norgrim sighs, glancing toward the door. He lowers his voice. +++I am equally proficient in low gothic and Techna-Lingua, among other languages. We have 14 individuals on staff, and 5 servitors. Personnel quantity is below optimal.+++

Iron and Metal wrote:
Finally, he asks Norgrim just before he leaves, "What times does the station shut down, lock it up, turn it off? Same question for waking up to be starting work?"

Norgrim switches to low gothic again so that the entire party can hear. "Rest hours is between 2100 hours and 0630 hours. All unauthorized personnel are required to remain in their quarters during this period."

+++++

Theoretical wrote:
The garage was a place of interest, you could learn a lot about someone by looking at the tools they use. Quickly looking over the garage while Felyx spoke to Nogrim, Alistair then moved forward to ask Nogrim a question.

Alistair notices a strange mechanical object in the back of one of the snow crawlers. After gently circling the vehicle for a better look, Alistair can see that it looks something like a cogitator tightly secured with rope and protective padding. However, if it is a cogitator, it is quite different than any cogitator he has ever seen on various imperial worlds...it is certainly of human manufacture, but it is significantly smaller.

Theoretical wrote:

"You guys use these to travel to the dig site? I haven't seen a vehicle like this before." Alistair offers, moving closer to the vehicle. "I would have liked to bring our own surface vehicle, but cargo space was an issue. What's the operational range of one of these, and how easy is it to drive?"

"Quite intuitive, in fact. They have a range of 120 miles, (just shy of 200 km) so 60 miles if you're planning on coming back home."

-- --

Nothing seems amiss to Alistair in the shrine room. Just another place of worship for the bizarre machine cult.

Theoretical wrote:
"Excuse me Tech-priest Nogrim. Do you have a communications console and I would I be able to check in with our pilot?"

"Of course." When Alistair is ready, Norgrim escorts him to room 4, where a sizable vox bank sits. Norgrim stands in the doorway, waiting for you to use the vox.

[P.S. - Sorry Egill but your psyniscience test would have totally revealed this - you notice 3 psykers milling about the station, though they seem congregated in room 6.]

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Mon May 14, 2018 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 am

bobarctor1977 wrote:

Norgrim switches to low gothic again so that the entire party can hear. "Rest hours is between 2100 hours and 0630 hours. All unauthorized personnel are required to remain in their quarters during this period."

+++++

[

Donna wasn't accustomed to following the rules. She looked forward to breaking this one.

To Egil, she responds, War paint an' dirt'ie mud huts? Sounds a bit loiuke 'ell if you awsk me. .

After a second she adds on, as if dumbfounded, "Yew cahnt be serious? pee'pole awctually live louike thawt? Sky 'n Evrything?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 14, 2018 4:54 am

Egill lets out another booming laugh at Donna's words, 'city folk' could be funny at times. He supposed thats how he seemed to Donna. "Yep, nothin' fancy - just a ten by ten hut made of wood, mud n dried grass. Keeps the rain off. When you don't know no better it ain't all that bad. Course, since I was saved by you civilised folk I can see the error of my ways."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Murcurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Damiel played the part of the mute well. Keeping quiet and silent was something he had a bit of practice in due to his condition. When approached with a question he nodded or shook his head, doing his best to make it clear he couldn't talk.

This is ridiculous. I just hope it pays off. He thinks as he shys away from conversation.

Being disconnected from the conversation allowed Damiel to look over their surroundings with a lot more scrutiny. He poked around in most of the rooms they were brought to, looking for anything out of the ordinary with the guise of simple curiosity.

When they made it to the shrine, he made the sign of the cog above his head and kneeled at the shrine for some time, looking everything over for anything questionable as he 'prayed.'

+++

When they finally made it to their rooms, Damiel placed his things at the edge of one of the bunks and looked around like usual. This time he waited until Norgrim had left with Alistair before he spoke quietly.

"They said unauthorized personnel aren't allowed out after 2100. I'd say that sounds like the perfect time to be out without a lot of prying eyes, assuming we can avoid patrols. Who here's up for a late night 'potty break'?" He whispers, eager to get into the thick of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Mon May 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Donna smirks deviously.

"Oui always got'a take a wee in the middow of tha sleep cy-cles."

She thought for a second, before asking a rather insightful question, "'e say 'ew authorized personnel is?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 15, 2018 8:34 am

As you all wander about the station and do what you do before bed time, a few things do catch your attention. No single item is a cause for alarm or anything too unusual, but taken together, they do raise some questions.

The base is...somewhat in disarray. Critical equipment and systems seem to be running fine, but everything is slightly dirty. In some corners, it looks like they haven't been cleaned in months, if not longer. After several hours aboard the station, you even notice a rodent or two sneaking about. There's a stack of unwashed dishes in the kitchen, as well.

Other things seem amiss too. The heater runs erratically. It keeps the station warm, but over the course of several hours, the temperature will rise and dip with variation up to 20°F.

Lastly...the crew. The tech adepts and labor you see milling about are acting odd. At first blush, they seem like ordinary kooky mechanicus members, but after spending some time observing them, you notice their behavior is unusual even by mechanicum standards. They give you long, unbroken stares. Several appear to have bizarre twitches, jerking and convulsing slightly before continuing their business. Many murmur or mutter to themselves.

Most concerning is a man who you notice standing frozen still in the center of a hallway, staring vacantly forward. He remains motionless like this for upwards of ten minutes, mouth agape, raggedly breathing, almost panting. He blinks, and continues walking down the corridor.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 am

[With Norgrim]

19 on site//5 of which are servitor units. Below optimal.

+++This planet has taken its toll on your staff. This is unfortunate, but the Omnissiah will provide. If there is anything my team can assist with during our mapping here, please let me know. When do you expect the Omnissiah to deliver your annual re-supply and re-staffing?+++

When Norgrim answers, Felyx adds: +++I will keep you no longer, Norgrim. You have been most helpful. I shall see you in the morning hours. Bathe in the Omnissiah's Sacred Ungents+++

Before returning to the room, Felyx and Servitor made their way into the shrine. It was apparent that a lot of time had been spent setting up a proper shrine on this moon. The room was one of the largest on the facility, dedicated only to the God of the Machine. Incense burners hung from sixteen spots in a circle around the ceiling in the shape of cog-teeth. Holy techna-lingua verses had been scripted across the wall, the holy binary leaving no spot untouched. Central to all of this was the shrine itself. It stood roughly ten feet high. Power cables snaked from its base, running in various holy patterns along the floor, eventually finding spaces underneath or within the walls to crawl into. The large steel Mechanicus skull leered at anyone who entered. Green and blue lights blinked and various internal processes flickered across a myriad of screens.

The steel flooring echoed with each step as Felyx stepped off of Servitor and made his way forward. Unconciously, words began spilling from his lips very quietly. He knew the Omnissiah heard everything in this place of worship. The communion had begun.

+++Be still, spirits,
I do what I must,
Forgive the intrusion,
And give me your trust.

With your strength you protect me,
With my care I repair you,
Without communion you reject me,
Be quiet, good spirits,
And with sacred oil, I appease you.

Spirits of the machine, accept my pleas,
And tread over the hereteks, with terror they flee.

Machine Spirit, accept my gift,
Swallow the light, and repair the rifts.

In all your unknowable grace and wisdom,
Grant my frame durability,
So that it may serve me,
As i serve you,
With faith, care and humility.+++

His eyes had been closed as he strode forward, but when they opened he was directly in front of the machine. Servitor had moved up with him, ready to assist in the communion. With clear eyes and laser focus, he plugged in...
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Tue May 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Marius mulled over the sights and sounds of the base as he made his way to the water treatment facilities. There certainly wasn't any outright blasphemy visible here but something was most certainly wrong. The odd involuntary movements of the mechanicus staffing the station... disturbed him. Sure, the cog-boys were unusual and plausibly prone to certain mechanical quirks but these movements triggered a faint alarm in Marius' subconscious. The lack of control over one's self...

He shuddered. Memories best left to lie. But he felt far more assured that his presence on this mission was warranted. At best? There might be something in the water. At worst? He involuntarily twitched himself, and he massaged the scar tissue on his hands. It could be very bad.

Walking past his quarters, he made his way down the stairs, descending into, if memory served correctly, the location of the water treatment and power station. Best to rule out the easy answers first before letting paranoia get the best of him. He sent a prayer to the emperor as he descended; an uneventful first night in the station would be blessing. He simply hoped that it was not too much to ask this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Thu May 17, 2018 8:30 am

With a nod and a word of thanks to Nogrim, Alistair entered the communications room. Reaching across to the vox bank, Alistair opened up a channel to the Arvus Lighter. This might be the vox that sent the weird signal we received. Time for a field test!

"Vita Brevis, come in. Vita Brevis, come in, confirm situation." Alistair used the pause to look around the room, looking for another cogitator like he saw earlier, or anything out of place.

-- --

After the call, Alistair returned to their bunk room, and looked at the crew.

"Well, first day of surveillance, although I'm not expecting too much so far. Some of the local animals are a definitely abnormal," Alistair winks, "and apparently are aggressive. We should plan to survey landscapes tomorrow. Felyx, I do have something to show you, if you are available any time soon? The rest of you can see this if you want." Alistair lowers his voice. "Give it a bit, and should we go for a walk?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 18, 2018 1:56 am

She walks around aimlessly, almost as if she wanted to get caught. Her efforst were in vain as she trails behind Alistair giving her 2 thrones.

"This place be awll dirty n' what not. Still cleanah then moui auntie's nethers." She finishes with a low chuckle.

"Wassat bloke doin jus standin all wily nilly?"

"Oui think these robots got a screw loose."

Upon return, she seems a bit rattled considering everything. Intelligence not being her strong suit, and being from the teeming masses of the superstitious underhive had a distinct effect on her malleable psyche.
"Oui got a bad feeling bout awll this. Islike those places in the deep hive that ain safe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am

Iron and Metal wrote:

+++This planet has taken its toll on your staff. This is unfortunate, but the Omnissiah will provide. If there is anything my team can assist with during our mapping here, please let me know. When do you expect the Omnissiah to deliver your annual re-supply and re-staffing?+++

+++In six months time, my friend. Certainly not soon enough...+++

Iron and Metal wrote:

+++Be still, spirits,
I do what I must,
Forgive the intrusion,
And give me your trust.

With your strength you protect me,
With my care I repair you,
Without communion you reject me,
Be quiet, good spirits,
And with sacred oil, I appease you.

Spirits of the machine, accept my pleas,
And tread over the hereteks, with terror they flee.

Machine Spirit, accept my gift,
Swallow the light, and repair the rifts.

In all your unknowable grace and wisdom,
Grant my frame durability,
So that it may serve me,
As i serve you,
With faith, care and humility.+++

His eyes had been closed as he strode forward, but when they opened he was directly in front of the machine. Servitor had moved up with him, ready to assist in the communion. With clear eyes and laser focus, he plugged in...

Felyx is immediately overwhelmed by the sense of being at one with a divine spirit. Sure, it is not the Machine God itself, but in this machine shrine, there was a small but pure aspect of the God. It is an awe-inspiring and humbling feeling.

Felyx's brain is flooded with a dizzying array of sensations - random images and emotions flit across his consciousness, as well as the occasional snippet of a conversation in techna-lingua accompanied by static. The initial general impression from the spirit is one of greetings and welcome, conveyed through no less than thousands of individual images, bursts of emotion, and uncounted automated transmissions of techna-lingua overlayed on one another. It is barely comprehensible to Felyx, but he feels as if the spirit is beckoning him forward, inviting him to communion on a deeper level...

MmmTasteIt wrote:
Walking past his quarters, he made his way down the stairs, descending into, if memory served correctly, the location of the water treatment and power station. Best to rule out the easy answers first before letting paranoia get the best of him. He sent a prayer to the emperor as he descended; an uneventful first night in the station would be blessing. He simply hoped that it was not too much to ask this time.

Upon reaching the water treatment facilities, Marius runs some simple diagnostic tests and deftly analyzes the results. As he may have surmised earlier, the water checks out just fine - though iron levels are slightly on the higher end of ordinary, approaching 15 milligrams per liter. Enough to give the water an unusual taste, but certainly not enough to cause any bodily harm.

Theoretical wrote:
"Vita Brevis, come in.  Vita Brevis, come in, confirm situation." Alistair used the pause to look around the room, looking for another cogitator like he saw earlier, or anything out of place.

Alistair can't place anything off in the comms station - other than it being a little dirty and disorganized, with some random papers strewn about. The vox crackles to life momentarily - first all you hear is static, but then a familiar voice comes through. As for the cogitator in the room, it looks very standard, comparable to what you are used to. Nothing like the unusual contraption you saw in the garage...

"Vita Brevis here, Luthor speaking. Everything's a-okay, just enjoying the view." His voice is a little garbled, but aside from that the transmission sounds normal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon - Chapter 1   

Back to top Go down

Blood Moon - Chapter 1
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next