A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solodice

PostSubject: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:30 pm

[Continued from Halls of Dionea (Islands of The Ragged Helix).]

The Arvus Lighter swoops in towards the largest estate on Hunting Grounds. A sprawling complex that sits all alone on one side of the asteroid. Floating above it Herschel spots the Last Right. The shuttle comes down towards the estate instead of heading towards the Last Right. It comes to a rest on a pad and its passengers disembark.

DeClasse leads Herschel through the estate. It's magnificent, lavish, and haunting. The trademarks of any follower of Slaneesh.

The two of them end their tour in the trophy room. It's not a room of heads or bodies of creatures. It's a room of humans and other beings seemingly frozen in their final moments.

"The captain is quite fond of hunting as you can see. It's what we mainly do when we're not on Hunting Grounds. Go out and collect new prey. Everyone is welcome to hunting them but the captain has the first pick. He only takes the most challenging of prey."

Herschel scans the room and picks out some notable trophies.

- An Astartes stripped of his upper body armor but still holding his power axe. A red blood drop is tatooed under his left eye.

- An Ork Weirdboy.

- A squad of Tau Fire Warriors.

- Three Eldar Screaming Banshees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am

"A most impressive collection indeed," Herschel says. He walks carefully around the trophies, examining each. Nodding politely, Herschel shifts back and forth on his feet. He is anxious to meet the man behind it all, curious to see if he could help Herschel attain his goals, wittingly or not. Or perhaps he would be susceptible to politicking and subtle manipulation...and prove an interesting plaything. A slight grin slips across Herschel's face. Endless possibilities awaited - he only had to meet the captain himself.

"When will I have the honor of meeting the captain? I trust he is a busy individual, and do not wish to impose myself on his schedule until it suits him. Still, I do eagerly anticipate our introduction."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:09 am

DeClasse looks over the shoulder of Herschel as he finishes his sentence.

"Captain Hass," DeClasse says but not at Herschel, "I hope your last hunt was a success."

Herschel turns around and stands face to face with Captain Hass. A tall well built man. A re-breather covering his mouth with blue piercing eyes hovering above it.

"Captain this is Herschel Brahe. He heard about our last mishap with our navigator and would like to be his replacement."

"A Q'Sal navigator. I hear they are some of the best." Hass says with his voice booming from the re-breather, "I am indeed in search of a new navigator. However, you are not the first to come to me, Herschel." A team of men come with Hass's new trophies. Navigators. "I found the other navigators... lacking. Quite poor hunters they were. Excellent prey though. For anyone that wants to serve on my ship they must bring back their quarry. Those that do not have no place on the Last Right."

Hass looks over his new trophies as they are placed down, "So what have you, navigator? Hunt or be hunted?"

Last edited by Solodice on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 am

Herschel clicks his tongue softly, twisting his face into a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Hass. Your trophies are most impressive indeed."

He takes a deep breath and straightens his back. "I must confess I've never hunted before. However, I've never been one to shy away from a challenge either. I will hunt."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:52 pm

"A good time to start then." Hass says as he leads Herschel out of the trophy room.

==============================================================

Herschel didn't know what to expect as he sat in an airlock. He was given 3 days worth of food and that was it. Herschel would have to use his own weapons to bring down his quarry. What that was he didn't know either.

The speaker in the airlock crackles to life with Hass's voice, "3 days Mr. Brahe. I expect to see you back here on the 3rd. If not I would prepare yourself for your end."

The airlock then hisses open and Herschel steps out. By whatever power the asteroid has a breathable atmosphere and is populated with dense forests. The door slams behind him and now Herschel was all alone on his hunt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:45 am

Herschel clicks his tongue softly, creating an eerie, faint echo that drifts through the forests. He strides softly across the asteroid, keeping his ears and eyes peeled for anything that may resemble prey - or anything that might prey upon him.

As he listens, watches, waits, and slowly prowls through the woods, he readies his Q'Sal caster, keeping his force staff in his other hand as well. He disliked hand-to-hand combat, but knew the staff's ability to channel psychic energy might prove useful for a swift killing blow.

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:59 pm

Herschel looks around for tracks as he moves through the woods. He's not the most eagle eyed but he does spot a set of prints. They look human.

Herschel follows them and starts to pick up other clues. The human seems to have a staff with them and is quiet powerful as Herschel comes up to a thick outcropping of trees that were ripped from their roots.

[Give me a +10 psyniscience roll.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Herschel reaches out with his mind in an attempt to discern the creator of the footprints, but struggles to discern anything in the immediate area.

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:38 am

Logic Test:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:04 pm

The warp was bleeding into everything Herschel tried to read. There was just to much and nothing stood out about the scene. However, Herschel's not dumb. He was tracking human sized footprints and they lead up to these trees. A normal human wouldn't be able to do this. Someone with psyker abilities could though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Herschel clicks his tongue at an increased in pitch and volume (slightly louder than a whisper) as it dawns upon him that he is tracking none other than a rather powerful psyker. He scans his surroundings with a mix of apprehension and excitement. It wasn't every day that he came across another psyker more capable than himself. Even if his death awaited him, it would be magnificent to witness such raw psychic power.

With a bounce in his step, he continues to follow the trail of footprints. Despite his excitement, he doesn't forget to keep his eyes peeled and mind open, watching the woods carefully for any movement or signs of life. He was well-aware that the other psyker might already be aware of his presence...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Herschel continues his trek through the forest following the footprints. Seems the psyker he's tracking caught onto himself leaving an easy path when Herschel comes into an opening. The area is covered in footprints. It's a mess to decipher and one Herschel doesn't have time for as an artificial nights starts to appear over Hunting Grounds.

With no way to press on through the dark without revealing himself Herschel sets up camp. Herschel grabs some rest until a noise nearby wakes him.

He finds himself staring at an imposing figure. Astartes in size but not wearing any power armor. The armor it has on is much slimmer and smaller.

The figure is armed but none of the weapons are pointed at Herschel.

The figure smiles, or maybe snarls, reveling his enlarged incisors, "Herschel I take it? DeClasse sent me out to come help you. Name's Loki."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:14 pm

"Well that's an honest name." Herschel studies the man carefully, trying to suss out his motives and intentions. "I suppose if you were here to kill me, you would've already done so."

inquiry roll:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:32 pm

"Indeed. You would of never woken up. Make sure you set up some type of warning devices before you fall asleep on a hunt. Never know when the hunter will become the prey." Loki kneels down, "We move at the first sign of light. Your quarry hasn't gotten very far from what I can tell from the tracks."

Herschel keeps scanning over the figure. He's not your usual Astartes in service of Chaos. He isn't marked with any chaos markings, ruins, or tattoos. None of his armor sports spikes or grisly trophies. His armor is grey and has a few bone talismans attached to it. A black wolves head is smeared by mud on his right shoulder pauldron. Herschel isn't super well versed in Astartes markings but this one is legendary. This is a Space Wolf he was talking to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Herschel gets ready to move out with Loki. Unless Loki has another plan, he intends to try to find the trail and keep following/tracking it through the woods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Herschel doesn't need to do the tracking anymore as it seems Loki has that area covered. He's doing a much better job of picking up the trail of the quarry then Herschel was.

The two keep trekking until Loki throws up a signal to stop. The Astartes sniffs the air.

"Your quarry is close, psyker." Loki whispers as he points to a clump of large bushes, "I can smell him just beyond those bushes. The kill will have to be on you but I'll flush him out. Prepare yourself."

Loki then takes off running through the forest. He makes minimal noise and then disappears all together leaving Herschel all alone.

[Target is beyond a set of bushes. Herschel gets +20 to any stealth checks if he wants to hid or sneak up. That or he can wait, take cover, prepare a trap, or just ready himself for the fight to come.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 am

Herschel breathes in deeply, gripping his Qsal caster and force staff. He crouches down and sneaks toward the quarry, keeping the bushes between himself and the direction Loki pointed in an effort to stay hidden.

He felt a wonderful rush flow through his brain as he advanced. Herschel felt damn near drunk on the thrill of the hunt, loving the sensation that his life was precariously balanced on a knifes edge. Smiling, he contemplated how cracking a single twig could signal his demise.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)   

Back to top Go down

Hunting Grounds (Islands of the Ragged Helix)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Vortex - Black Crusade Sandbox (Game Thread)-
Jump to: